Christmas Bonus?

An "ANYTHING GOES" forum for discussing the interests, issues and concerns of the paramedical examiner community. Sharing ideas, knowledge, experiences and opinions is strongly encouraged.

However, we do ask that all participants respect the rights of others to communicate in whatever manner they wish, positive or negative, and TRY to behave respectfully toward one another when conflicts in views or opinions arise.

Our goal is to create an environment where examiners can speak openly and honestly without the restrictions of forced diplomacy or the constraints of having to observe over-bearing rules of political correctness.

Christmas Bonus?

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:45 pm

Anyone get anything extra for christmas?

Re: Christmas Bonus?

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:53 pm

Not even a Christmas card...

Angel

Postby Angel » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:51 pm

Cards from 3 PCs, Holiday emails from 2, card from one agent, so far. I SENT cards to all of them - agents and PCs. How many of us have sent cards?

Georgia Peach

Postby Georgia Peach » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:33 pm

I contract with 1 PC part-time and the BM of that office had a big party for all examiners, employees, and their spouses at very nice restaurant in town. We all received a "holiday" bonus at the end of the party with special recognition.

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:37 pm

this examiner is moving to Georgia!

visitore

Postby visitore » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:28 pm

I got extra grief this month and oh yeah........a lot less work. Bah Humbug!

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:31 pm

I usually get a holiday card from Port. I'd rather they save their postage and cost to purchase cards for examiners and pass it on. Think wholesale clubs where you pay less but have to bring your own boxes ;)
APPS usually sends a card too and one time made a donation in my name to a charity. I have to admit I would have preferred money lol! But this made me feel good too.
I don't know that any of them have ever given bonuses. This is the only reason why I regret not working in an office anymore. I used to get a bonus every year equivalent to a paycheck (without insurance deducted). Those were the days.

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:00 pm

Christmas Boner is more like it!

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:08 pm

Superior is giving themselves a bonus by taking it from us. They also sent a Happy Hollidays email. I guess they didn't want to put Christmas in the email.

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:14 am

:lol:

GUESS

Postby GUESS » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:32 am

Guest wrote:Superior is giving themselves a bonus by taking it from us. They also sent a Happy Hollidays email. I guess they didn't want to put Christmas in the email.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TOO FUNNY.

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:41 am

I guess they didn't want to put Christmas in the email

Happy Holidays is an appropriate greeting that expresses good will toward EVERYONE, not just those of the Christian faith. Christmas is a religious holiday of just one religion. There are other religions that celebrate at this time of year, also. Channuka began this past Tuesday. Kwanzaa begins next Monday. "Happy Holidays" includes them all. To some people of other faiths, the greeting "Merry Christmas" translates itself into "Celebrate the birth of the messiah or be damned for all eternity" something none of us means to say in this country where we are guaranteed freedom of religion.

GUESS

Postby GUESS » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:19 pm

Guest wrote:
I guess they didn't want to put Christmas in the email

Happy Holidays is an appropriate greeting that expresses good will toward EVERYONE, not just those of the Christian faith. Christmas is a religious holiday of just one religion. There are other religions that celebrate at this time of year, also. Channuka began this past Tuesday. Kwanzaa begins next Monday. "Happy Holidays" includes them all. To some people of other faiths, the greeting "Merry Christmas" translates itself into "Celebrate the birth of the messiah or be damned for all eternity" something none of us means to say in this country where we are guaranteed freedom of religion.

Who says Kwanzaa is a religion? I thought it was a celebration of family,culture,community.
I know quite a few Kwanzaa celebrants that are Christian.

So the appropiate greeting would be Merry XMAS, Happy Channuka.

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:00 pm

I'll take one more lump of STFU and one less dollop of political correctness in my coffee, thank you

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:10 pm

(personally, i like my coffee simple ~~ liquid hazelnut creamer :D )

If you can't hear me, it's because I'm in parentheses.

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:17 pm

Who says Kwanzaa is a religion?
Nobody said Kwanzaa was a religion. Neither is Christmas, or Chanukka. All guest was saying is that the greeting, "Merry Christmas" is appropriate to those of the Christian faith. Not everyone is Christian in their belief. If you want to exclude non-Christians in a greeting then by all means, say "Merry Christmas" to everyone. If you want to include people of other failths, say "Happy Holidays" unless you know what particular faith they are celebrating. The greetings like "Happy Chanukka", or "may your fast be an easy one" (entering Ramadan or Rosh Hashana) or another greeting if you know it are specific. "Happy Holidays" includes all.

Actually, saying "Happy Holidays" is the most Christian thing to say when expressing goodwill toward everyone, as Christians were originally taught to do.

It has less to do with political correctness than expression, affirmation, and celebration of everyone's constitutional rights.

vistire

Postby vistire » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:58 pm

Guest wrote:
Who says Kwanzaa is a religion?
Nobody said Kwanzaa was a religion. Neither is Christmas, or Chanukka. All guest was saying is that the greeting, "Merry Christmas" is appropriate to those of the Christian faith. Not everyone is Christian in their belief. If you want to exclude non-Christians in a greeting then by all means, say "Merry Christmas" to everyone. If you want to include people of other failths, say "Happy Holidays" unless you know what particular faith they are celebrating. The greetings like "Happy Chanukka", or "may your fast be an easy one" (entering Ramadan or Rosh Hashana) or another greeting if you know it are specific. "Happy Holidays" includes all.

Actually, saying "Happy Holidays" is the most Christian thing to say when expressing goodwill toward everyone, as Christians were originally taught to do.

It has less to do with political correctness than expression, affirmation, and celebration of everyone's constitutional rights.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS :lol:

There ya go.

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:38 pm

Thank you and I wish you and all here the same.

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:10 am

what i want for christmas is the people in this country to get thicker skinned

becomin' a nation of pantywaists

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:14 am

Superior is giving themselves a bonus by taking it from us.
Ain't that the truth :x

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:24 am

Guest wrote:
All guest was saying is that the greeting, "Merry Christmas" is appropriate to those of the Christian faith. Not everyone is Christian in their belief. If you want to exclude non-Christians in a greeting then by all means, say "Merry Christmas" to everyone.

Unbelievable. Where people like yourself come from with the belief that recognizing a celebration event during the celebration period defacto generates an exclusion for those that don't, is just mind blowing. I am not Jewish but certainly embrace the spirit of Chanukah when I am greeted as such. If you want to get specific, "holiday is defined as "A day of festivity or recreation when no work is done". So why don't ya'll get on your high horse and bitch in reference to those that have to work during Christmas or Chanukah as it not being appropriate for them?

happyexaminer

Postby happyexaminer » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:17 am

Back on topic!!!

I got a card from Portamedic, and a nice crisp $20 bill from APPS. Not much, but it was enough to buy a decent bottle of wine!

Frank

Postby Frank » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:46 am

Guest wrote:Anyone get anything extra for christmas?

Are you kidding. I have a hard time getting one of the agencies I work for to pay me... If I don't ride them I don't get paid.

Return to “Discussion Topics”