Are there any parameds looking for work?

An "ANYTHING GOES" forum for discussing the interests, issues and concerns of the paramedical examiner community. Sharing ideas, knowledge, experiences and opinions is strongly encouraged.

However, we do ask that all participants respect the rights of others to communicate in whatever manner they wish, positive or negative, and TRY to behave respectfully toward one another when conflicts in views or opinions arise.

Our goal is to create an environment where examiners can speak openly and honestly without the restrictions of forced diplomacy or the constraints of having to observe over-bearing rules of political correctness.

Are there any parameds looking for work?

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:11 am

I've tried looking for parameds @ the website a bunch of times but never get a hit on any of the zip codes I enter. I'm in Florida and I'd rather have parameds I can call in person instead of the national companys but it seems like I'm wasting my time. Am I?
Thanks

cali girl

Re: Are there any parameds looking for work?

Postby cali girl » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:09 pm

Wish you were in California :)

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:01 pm

Where in Florida are you located? Maybe I can help.

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:00 pm

Guest wrote:I've tried looking for parameds @ the website a bunch of times but never get a hit on any of the zip codes I enter. I'm in Florida and I'd rather have parameds I can call in person instead of the national companys but it seems like I'm wasting my time. Am I?
Thanks

Hate to say it but you probably are. If you look at all the complaints here about anything that costs money its obvious most examiners won't sign up for anything unless its free. Look at how many people read this and how few responded. Whats that tell you?

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:56 pm

Guest wrote:I've tried looking for parameds @ the website a bunch of times but never get a hit on any of the zip codes I enter. I'm in Florida and I'd rather have parameds I can call in person instead of the national companys but it seems like I'm wasting my time. Am I?
Thanks

Go to the NASCPE and enter your zip codes you need coverage for. I am on there, I am in Florida but may not be in your part. Florida is very big so please state which counties you are looking for coverage.

berykute

Postby berykute » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:14 pm

I am in California

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:44 am

Guest wrote:
Thanks

Go to the NASCPE and enter your zip codes you need coverage for. I am on there, I am in Florida but may not be in your part. Florida is very big so please state which counties you are looking for coverage.

Thanks for responding but I think you're missing my point. I've been to that website because I write business all over Florida and sometimes even Georgia. I hoped it would be a good place to be able to find parameds where ever I need them but it seems like there aren't very many parameds advertising themselves there, or at least not in Florida. It's too bad because there's a lot of life sales guys like me all around the country that have been looking for something like this for years. A place where we can find parameds we can contact in person. But we've never been able to find one. Does anyone know of other places I can look?

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:54 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Thanks

Thanks for responding but I think you're missing my point. I've been to that website because I write business all over Florida and sometimes even Georgia. I hoped it would be a good place to be able to find parameds where ever I need them but it seems like there aren't very many parameds advertising themselves there, or at least not in Florida. It's too bad because there's a lot of life sales guys like me all around the country that have been looking for something like this for years. A place where we can find parameds we can contact in person. But we've never been able to find one. Does anyone know of other places I can look?

Well I am in Florida and I am on that website. If my name isn't showing up I am going to be upset. I am going to check right now.
Another place to look is LinkedIN. If you provide your e mail I will contact you. I cover the Florida area and know many other examiners that do as well. Do you want me to contact you?

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:00 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Thanks

Well I am in Florida and I am on that website. If my name isn't showing up I am going to be upset. I am going to check right now.
Another place to look is LinkedIN. If you provide your e mail I will contact you. I cover the Florida area and know many other examiners that do as well. Do you want me to contact you?

Well I checked and my name is there with my phone number. I must not be in the zip code territory you looking for. If you want results from here post your contact info and you will probably get results.

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:50 am

Another place to look is LinkedIN
I tried that and the only group able to help me was the group that steered me here and to their North American directory. The website I've been asking about.

With Portamedic going out of business many of us are scrambling to find other options. Mostly because very few of us like Apps.

I appreciate the help offers and I mean no offense saying this but I don't want a bunch of emails from parameds that requires me to keep track of who covers which town, city or county. It may not actually be an accurate indicator of a paramed's qualifications and work ethic but I think most of us believe we will get better quality work and service from a paramed who takes the initiative to advertise themselves.

Again, no offense intended.

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:29 pm

Guest wrote:
Another place to look is LinkedIN
I tried that and the only group able to help me was the group that steered me here and to their North American directory. The website I've been asking about.

With Portamedic going out of business many of us are scrambling to find other options. Mostly because very few of us like Apps.

I appreciate the help offers and I mean no offense saying this but I don't want a bunch of emails from parameds that requires me to keep track of who covers which town, city or county. It may not actually be an accurate indicator of a paramed's qualifications and work ethic but I think most of us believe we will get better quality work and service from a paramed who takes the initiative to advertise themselves.

Again, no offense intended.

none taken.

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:11 pm

Speak for yourself. I am offended. Who does he think he is coming here for help and then turning up his nose at what he got. :x

goingMOBILEbeepbeep

Postby goingMOBILEbeepbeep » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:45 pm

It is interesting that I came upon this post, as I just spent the $ to register and get listed on NASCPE in preparation to launch my direct business in the Kansas City area. I also entered several different zip codes from some large cities in the mid west and I didn't get any hits on any examiners either. I was hoping this would be a good link to agents in my area, but now I have my reservations. I guess if it eventually gets me even one agent it could pay off! I will encourage more examiners to sign up so that it could make the agents time more worth while and then maybe they will pass the word on.

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:12 am

Guest wrote:Speak for yourself. I am offended. Who does he think he is coming here for help and then turning up his nose at what he got. :x

Remember the Rolodex? It was great when there was nothing better available but do you think in this day and age he should have to use one to keep track of who covers what area and all their contact info when the alternative is bookmarking a link to the site and entering a zip code to get all that info?

I don't think he was at all out of line. I actually think he was patient and respectful towards us. If you're not smart enough to see why agents would prefer something like this, or too cheap to take advantage of something that could promote your business for next to nothing, just keep quiet and don't embarass the rest of us who have some business sense.

To the agent: I thank you for your feedback and apologize. This person isn't typical of the kind of examiner you'll find listing themself on the directory.

Mrs. Bryant

Postby Mrs. Bryant » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:18 pm

Thank you! I also thought this agent was being perfectly reasonable in his expectation. I just got my business listed on the NASCPE directory and wish I had done it sooner. I believe in what they are trying to do and I know they are looking out for the examiner like NO OTHER organization.

However, if Mr/Ms "Offended" and others like him/her don't participate this will never be the go-to source for agents it was meant to be. We could be doing so much better, guys. We gripe about what the PC's are and aren't doing but what are WE doing to make our business better? Where else can you buy a year's worth of advertising for...what was it $15? or if you happen to not be a NASCPE member, its $35 I believe. Either way people. We talk about the benefits of coming together as an organization but we aren't making the move. Im so disappointed. We can do better.

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:23 pm

Guest wrote:Speak for yourself. I am offended. Who does he think he is coming here for help and then turning up his nose at what he got. :x

At first I was offended but then decided I wasn't going to be offended by the likes of this agent. Not worth my time. If he is an Agent looking for examiners in Florida he should have posted his contact information or asked how to contact me, ask me if I knew anyone outside of my zip codes which he didn't. Why didn't he? I even asked him what areas he needs examiners for and he didn't respond. He was very evasive. If an agent needs an examiner he will state what area without hesitation.
On LinkedIN there are so many examiners in so many areas, just search for them. Or put up a post on LinkedIN and name the area, don't just say Florida. Florida is HUGE. He seems to be hiding behind the scenes. Something just isn't right.

Not every examiner is on NASCPE. I am and guess what? I haven't received one call from someone who saw me listed there. I have been there since they started the whole zip code publishing. I tell agents all the time to go utilize the zip code directory but they do and can't find anyone. More people need to join NASCPE - it's only $15 dollars and is tax deductible. I often go there when I get an out of area client to find an examiner and I also don't find anyone. I have since made a list of my contacts from LinkedIN and put them in Geographical order.
And I do still have a rolodex with names and numbers as well - I will not just rely on my computer or cell phone to be there 100% of the time.

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:32 pm

Mrs. Bryant wrote:Thank you! I also thought this agent was being perfectly reasonable in his expectation. I just got my business listed on the NASCPE directory and wish I had done it sooner. I believe in what they are trying to do and I know they are looking out for the examiner like NO OTHER organization.

However, if Mr/Ms "Offended" and others like him/her don't participate this will never be the go-to source for agents it was meant to be. We could be doing so much better, guys. We gripe about what the PC's are and aren't doing but what are WE doing to make our business better? Where else can you buy a year's worth of advertising for...what was it $15? or if you happen to not be a NASCPE member, its $35 I believe. Either way people. We talk about the benefits of coming together as an organization but we aren't making the move. Im so disappointed. We can do better.

I think you're new here, so welcome :D
I'm impressed by your grasp of things and I completely agree that it's on all of us to be involved if we want things to change. You can have all the greatest tools in the world but they don't work unless they're picked up and used.

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:00 am

You can have all the greatest tools in the world but they don't work unless they're picked up and used.
excellent point. too many sitting around waiting for things to happen instead of making things happen. usually the same people who would rather complain about and question the quality of the tools but never try them out.

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:02 am

Have a positive attitude. Keep striving to make your goal.
I choose to work some branch and directs. I have succeeded. It took some time but I am finally happy. I am able to work with exam company of choice. If I start finding my self complaining, time to evaluate and move on.

Return to “Discussion Topics”