more BS by superior mobile

An "ANYTHING GOES" forum for discussing the interests, issues and concerns of the paramedical examiner community. Sharing ideas, knowledge, experiences and opinions is strongly encouraged.

However, we do ask that all participants respect the rights of others to communicate in whatever manner they wish, positive or negative, and TRY to behave respectfully toward one another when conflicts in views or opinions arise.

Our goal is to create an environment where examiners can speak openly and honestly without the restrictions of forced diplomacy or the constraints of having to observe over-bearing rules of political correctness.
fed up

more BS by superior mobile

Postby fed up » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:06 pm

i got an email on friday from pms-examiner telling me superior shut off speed billing in there system and sure enough, when i checked it wouldn't work.

so now i'm back to spending 5 - 10 minutes billing each exam instead a pushing a button that puts everything in in a second.

i don't know whats going on with all the attacks on pms lately but superior getting in on the act with no regard for how it effects the examiners doing business with them, shows me again exactly how little they care about us. superior doesn't even have the decency to show you a message or anything when you're in there system and try to use it. is it asking too much for you show something on your site that says "sorry this has been disabled" or something that at least gives us a heads-up that it doesn't work?

hey INFERIOR whatever your beef with pms is about they were at least proffesional and courteous enough to let us know you shut this down. they didn't just leave us wondering!!!

i used to love superior but every time i turn around there doing something else to cheat or mess with examiners. first it was admin fees then raising those fees and now this. they just keep giving all of us reasons to do less of there work and give them less of our billing.

Re: more BS by superior mobile

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:45 am

I was shocked when I got that notice. I shifted a lot of my billing back to Superior because of this tool and started taking more work from them because I thought Superior was returning to their roots of supporting and helping examiners. I guess I was wrong.

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:44 pm

I'm a part timer and I never get involved in these issues. I've always thought of them as nothing more than petty squabbles. Superior has almost always treated me better than most of the other companies and never did anything wrong to me personally but I care about this profession and I have to admit that things have really gone downhill with Superior over the past 5 years.

CSRs aren't nearly as friendly, knowlegeable and helpful as they used to be. Their demands on me have increased and I'm feeling more & more like I'm just a small piece in a huge machine. A machine that's becoming more and more impersonal every day.

I don't know anything about this soft ware but I find it disturbing that Superior would take away something that appears to save time and something examiners value. Especially in this manner. The old Superior would have done everything they could to put tools like this in examiners hands. They wouldn't have been a party to taking away something that helped examiners. With all of this I'm starting to realize that what I considered squabbling was actually people fighting to be treated as equals by the companies. That they want to have a voice in the things that effect them and there job.

I might never have a need for a product like this but my ability to get it and use it shouldn't be hampered by the companies calling themselves my partner in business.

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:03 am

What is speed billing?

Postby Guest » Wed May 01, 2013 6:56 am

http://www.screencast.com/t/j4WMjaauLR here's a link to there video. easy to see why people are mad about superior taking it away.

i hope other companies that do billing are watching and thinking what i'm thinking: now might be a real good time to jump in and see if pms will set this up for them.

Tina

Postby Tina » Wed May 01, 2013 7:54 am

WOW

That's really something how easy it is (and the guy has a sexy voice too ;n )

Why would SMM want to stop anyone from using it?
Especially when it looks like they had it all to themselves (I didn't see a button for billing anyone besides SMM).

This is a crazy business sometimes.

Nebraska

Postby Nebraska » Thu May 02, 2013 1:05 am

I called them and they were contacted by 2 or more insurance companies that they could not work with them anymore. Totally sucks, but if true I understand. They did not want to pull it.

Postby Guest » Thu May 02, 2013 8:50 pm

If that's true, why didn't they mention it and let people know?

I don't believe it. What difference does it make to the ICs how billing data is entered?

Why would they care if it's being copied over from a handwritten, faxed, or computer order?

Whatever. It's that much less direct billing they'll get from me. If they can't support or fight for the things that matter to their customers (and when it comes to billing we are their customers) then why should we care about them?

If I can't trust them to not throw my interests under a bus, what else can't I trust them about?

Postby Guest » Fri May 03, 2013 8:49 am

completely agree. trust and respect are earned by your actions and behavior, not by your words.

Postby Guest » Sat May 04, 2013 6:21 am

fed up wrote:i used to love superior but every time i turn around there doing something else to cheat or mess with examiners. first it was admin fees then raising those fees and now this. they just keep giving all of us reasons to do less of there work and give them less of our billing.
Ditto!

Postby Guest » Tue May 14, 2013 3:04 pm

superior sux. i won't bill anything through them unless there price is way better than what i get elsewhere. its not worth the hassle to deal with all the changes they make at our expense.

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:52 am

We weren't aware of this software but the YouTube video was impressive. We complete 250 - 350 exams a month and spend an enourmous amount of time and other resources on billing. This is the kind of technology everyone in the exam business should be asking for and we will be contacting our vendor companies to ask if they can put together something similar. Technology that recognizes and addresses the needs of examiners is crucial for those who hope to prosper in this business.

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:56 am

I just saw that Superior wants all paperwork on their orders sent the same day as the exam. I guess that eliminates any evening exams on their applicants for me.

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:21 pm

I won't be scheduling anything past 3pm for Superior anymore. Instead of the insurance compaines dictating every move for the examiner they need to put some more money on the table before making any more demands.

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:55 pm

Same day?! I had a hard enough time trying to keep up with their piddlyass couple of exams as it was. TG this is not the only exam co I contract with! FYI SMM....you cannot keep growing and expanding by treating your contract examiners (esp. the ones that have been with you for years) like crap!

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:57 pm

really people, don't get a hairball. i got the same email, ... and i will not be faxing that same day ~~ it all depends on MY schedule.

now, if they deduct for that.... well, I WILL stop taking orders from them. as it stands now, i'm only the stable/excellent examiner they have. i lose work for a couple of weeks now and then when they find a cheaper examiner, ... but the proverbial "who ya gonna call when the newbie low payee enevitably quits" kick in. um, ... that would be me :) and for decent "per job" and "trip fee", i might add, i step in.

all that said, smm (i hope) will look at the overall picture. if the paperwork is not faxed THAT day, well, it is what it is. i hope other examiners will do their best, but if the paperwork waits a day ~~ so be it. DO NOT accept a deduction, because that will be the beginning of a precedent... then, ugh.... here we go on another "we let this go too far crusade" ...

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:18 pm

In Superior's last last message they said there will be deductions for paperwork not faxed the same day. This will be interesting to see how this plays out. I say examiners should not put up with it. They don't pay enough for that kind of service.

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:30 am

its the same old, same old. behavioral control. and they keep getting away with it.

you do realize there icqar is already slanted so that everything is a ding on the examiners, even smm's own errors?

and you do realize there aware of it and choose to do nothing about it?

somebody mentioned turning away all smm work for a month or two and getting the work from there competitiors when its reassigned to other exam companies. i think its a good idea.

none of the companies are great but smm is expendable for most of us and its obvious they need a wake up call.

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:47 pm

i just faxed my paperwork in a day late. will let you know if i get dinged.

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:35 pm

I suggest turning down the presets from Superior and the ones that aren't scheduled just put the appointment day a day later than the actual appointment. So when you fax the paperwork it will look like its on time.

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:26 pm

I'm surprised that Kevin from Superior hasn't chimed in about some of the examiners concerns. He would usually give some insite on these matters in the past. Or maybe he is just spending all our money we make for him.

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:07 am

It's pretty obvious they've become unconcerned about examiners based on the comments here and all the negative experiences people have described. It's too bad but the only way to be heard is to negotiate what you want; flat rates, no packets, no admin fees, etc. and let your feet do the talking if you don't get it.

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:50 am

I think I know what's happening. It seems that Superior has made a promise to insurance companies to have paperwork the same day as a marketing gimmick to gain more business. Unfortunately it's been done on our backs. They are probably collecting more money for this service but will not pass this on to us. More demand on the examiner for less pay.

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:36 am

I'm surprised that Kevin from Superior hasn't chimed in about some of the examiners concerns.
I'm not. His mission is to make it the Big 5 instead of the Big 4. They are in lock step with the Big 4 in so many ways; QC designed to justify taking away pay or not paying bonuses, taking money off the top from ALL EXAMINERS by assessing fees, undercutting prices, getting examiners to race each other for exam assignments and on and on and on.

The QC stuff really irks me because it's their own system. They can fix all the known issues that examiners have complained about and choose not to but look at how quickly they're able to fix things when it benefits them.

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:29 pm

This same day paperwork requirement from Superior is going to backfire on them. I have already turned down a case in a area that I only cover. It will be interesting. I also have heard from others that said they are ingnoring that requirement.

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:14 am

The only other exam co that required same day paperwork was Portamedic but I think they don't enforce it anymore because examiners weren't doing that on late appointments.

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:44 am

Guest wrote:This same day paperwork requirement from Superior is going to backfire on them. I have already turned down a case in a area that I only cover. It will be interesting. I also have heard from others that said they are ingnoring that requirement.

I've been doing the same thing and I don't even bother explaining why cuz I know they'll make an exception "this time" cuz they "really need" my help. I don't want to talk about it. I don't want to negotiate my terms. They'll either figure out they need to stop trying to control us or they won't. Either way I'm not making it my problem.

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:28 pm

Guest wrote:I suggest turning down the presets from Superior and the ones that aren't scheduled just put the appointment day a day later than the actual appointment. So when you fax the paperwork it will look like its on time.

Just tell them that you are not a robot & that they will get it within 24 hours. That is actually an exceptional turn around time.
However, putting the wrong date on an exam is fraud. None of these companies are worth the BS you can get into with that.
Once again, look into going direct, love being my own boss. And Portamedic works for ME!

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:46 pm

I don't think they were suggesting altering the paperwork date just the reported date to Superior.

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:22 am

you're right but i'm not playing these kinds of games to work around ridiculous demands or expectations. i understand some people, for whatever reason, feel they can't be direct or forceful and tell smm to go to hell in these situations. and i guess finding any kind of work around is better than going along with their stupid ass commandments, but i prefer telling them exactly what i think and why i won't do it.

i could be wrong but i think the more examiners they have in their face, the less likely they'll be to push it and the less likely they'll be to try to get away with instituting even more BS demands.

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:01 am

Agree. I used to try to find work arounds but Superior would just keep hounding me. The only way I found peace was to tell them exactly what I would or wouldn't do and stand my ground. It's too bad that you're forced to be nasty with people but that's what it takes to get them to back off.

berykute

Postby berykute » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:30 pm

Those IQ reports are meant to demoralize!

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:07 am

Last year I had to stop opening them because they upset me so much. However I did open the last few because the third world country that proofreads our exams( in a language not native to their country) said I didn't provide details to Qx this or that,,,, well I did and I said what do you want me to put? The answer is there, don't ding me on the QC report! I opened them to check to see if I was dinged.. I wasn't, Have 100% on the last few reports. What did it get me? a bonus of $3.55 Oh joy. I can buy less then one gallon of gas with that, thanks Superior! Stick it up your bum. If that's all you can afford as a reward just fricking keep it.

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:52 am

Those reports are a joke. Just another way to baffle with bullshit to confuse everyone and hide yet another of their methods to steal money from examiners. AND IT WORKS!

Look at how many examiners focus on getting dinged instead of what's really going on behind it; using it to justify taking away bonuses or other monies examiners due, justifying chargebacks, etc.

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:33 pm

what makes me very angry, is them qc-ing my directs! YUP,,, I am in close contact with my examiners, and just (used to) use Superior to bill them. When they started dinging and charging me back for status and dinging the examiners I use, I took my billing elsewhere, They just DONT GET IT. To top it off, they are now trying to market MY AGENTS and I have a huge problem with that. That's out right thieving. I do not feel sorry for them being bashed here one bit. They totally deserve it.

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:11 pm

You are not the first person that has mentioned them outright going after agents and examiners
from Direct billers.There seems to be merit to this post. The first I heard was from a Direct in TN. that said watch your back with Superior.So it's true!!!!! SUPERIOR HOW COULD YOU! :shock:

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:31 pm

Has anyone else noticed how nasty the reps are on the phone now too? They used to be really nice, everyone down there is so loud on the phone, and they won't let you talk, they insist they are right all the time,,, I saved a few nasty messages from them because I am expecting this IRS thing to go down on them. I believe we will be reclassified as employees and they will be responsible for payroll taxes in the next few years. They don't let us run our businesses the way contractors should be allowed, and them barking out orders and rules to us defines us as their employees.

Cynical in Seattle

Postby Cynical in Seattle » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:15 am

I believe we will be reclassified as employees and they will be responsible for payroll taxes in the next few years.
I cringe every time I read a comment like this. Not because it isn't true but because any examiner reading this who is unfamiliar with classification laws might interpret it to mean all examiners will become employees.

Nothing could be further from the truth. The PCs can't afford to make ALL examiners be employees.

The PCs have been getting benefits from classifying examiners as independent contractors. It has enabled them to avoid paying for healthcare benefits, sick time, vacation time, as well as avoiding wage and hour laws. The following link is definitely worth reading by all examiners.
http://wepartypatriots.com/wp/2011/12/08/misclassification-epidemic/

In essence, classifying us as independent contractors while controlling us like employees has given them a way to get around paying their fair share of taxes and benefits and puts them on the hook for paying back the government and examiners who were cheated.

Since most of us want to be truly independent contractors, this is good for the majority of examiners.

More and more federal, state and local government agencies are actively pursuing and punishing these companies when it's reported to them. Whether it's the Department of Labor or the states mentioned in the linked article, reporting violations is paying off. Reporting them also removes or reduces tax liabilities or penalties a reporting individual might otherwise be held responsible for. So, in essence, if you report them you ensure you won't be a target in any investigation.

CIS

lady799

Postby lady799 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:28 am

Good read Cynical:)

bloodlady

Postby bloodlady » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:22 pm

I am a fairly new examiner with superior, I had an applicant scheduled and then the night before I called them to confirm the appointment. The applicant cancelled the appointment with me :( I updated my status and called the 800 number to speak to someone about it. Well I come to find out since I will have to reschedule with this applicant, not by my doing, I'm going to get dinged because of this? This is the dumbest shit I have ever heard! I have no control over these applicants, I can't make them keep an appointment with me. In my opinion, superior has no class! Has anyone else had this problem with them?

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:04 pm

I'm not sure here but are you saying someone from Superior said because a client cancelled the scheduled appointment you would get a ding. What is a ding? Did they say you will make less money if you complete this exam now? Is a ding like a check mark on a report card?
I would definitely call to clarify. If you have done business very long for them I am sure you get the Heart beats from

Tracey Beal
Senior Manager, IC Relations and Recruiting
phn: 800‐898‐3926 x527
tbeal@superiormobilemedics.com

I would call her to clarify.
Then you can make an educated choice on how to proceed from there.
Remember as a contractor You make the choices!

I would be interested in what you find out.

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:24 pm

I do not understand. I have done work for SMM, and have applicants cancel last minute, I status and they, take care of it.

jacilee

Postby jacilee » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:40 pm

I had one person who would not be scheduled....I called and told them about him.... I told them that I couldn't get in touch,,,, that I his office wasn't any help... and his wife wouldn't take messages..... nothing happened. He was dropped eventually and I didn't get dinged for it

bloodlady

Postby bloodlady » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:04 am

Yes, I spoke with an employee when I called the 800 number. I asked them if I would get dinged for this person cancelling the appointment. I have read online and in the paperwork that I received a while back states that it would be considered a minor offense and I would get dinged for it. The employee that I spoke with said yes, this occurrence would go against my name. I said that was bullshit and hung up. What kind of policy is that? Examiners are here to help company's get these exams completed, and to know that if an applicant cancelled the appointment the examiner gets dinged, makes absolutely no sense!

Sue

Postby Sue » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:29 am

I have been an examiner with superior for some time now. I had to pull out my paperwork when I read this post. In the Quality Assurance Program paperwork that I'm looking at, it states as follows.

MAJOR ERRORS (monetary deductions): There are four Error Types in this category
Needle in kit - deduction equal to the total service reimbursement for the order
Missed Requirement - $4.00
No Show - $10.00
Wrong Form - $4.00

MINOR ERRORS (score deduction) Nine error types in this category - Deducted from overall score, directly impacts position for order assignments.
Tardy
Paperwork Delay
Status Delay
Failure to follow instructions
Packet Issue
Incomplete paperwork
Appt. Canceled/Rescheduled
Examiner behavior

Now that I typed that out, it is true according to superior paperwork that they give to IC. Superior dings or gives a "score deduction" for appointments cancelled/rescheduled. If Superior is claiming that is false, then they need to change the paperwork they hand out. I can completely understand an examiner getting angry about an applicant cancelling an appointment, its money and time lost, but if they work for SMM they have to be worried about a "score deduction" which in turn means less work. My paperwork is going back in my file now, I just wanted to follow up to the previous post.

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:43 am

I had a client cancel at the door too.
SMM paid me a no-show fee and my trip fee as well.

Call them again and ask for the no-show sheet and you can fax it to them. You should not get dinged for the client no-show, but paid for it.

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:57 am

It's hard to find someone to help you at Superior without getting transferred from one phone number to another. When you finally get to what you think is the right number then you have to leave a voice mail that doesn't get answered.

SSSUP

Postby SSSUP » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:55 pm

Somethings up at Superior. Used to get lots of work from them and now it is almost nonexistent. I am told all is good but haven't seen it this slow since I started working with them about 10 years ago. Very frustrating since I really have enjoyed working for them for the most part. :?

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:04 pm

Maybe Superior should have bought Portamedic.

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:57 pm

bloodlady wrote:I am a fairly new examiner with superior, I had an applicant scheduled and then the night before I called them to confirm the appointment. The applicant cancelled the appointment with me :( I updated my status and called the 800 number to speak to someone about it. Well I come to find out since I will have to reschedule with this applicant, not by my doing, I'm going to get dinged because of this? This is the dumbest shit I have ever heard! I have no control over these applicants, I can't make them keep an appointment with me. In my opinion, superior has no class! Has anyone else had this problem with them?

Are you sure they are understanding that the "client cancelled"? I would understand them dinging you if you were the one to cancel the appointment as that is their way of doing business. (not fair as situations do arise where an appointment has to be cancelled) I have never worked for SMM and after reading about their dinging charges I don't think I ever will. Who do they think they are?

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:18 pm

I have worked for them the last 8 years, billing through and branch exams. I never have been dinged. I called on a few but never money debit transaction for anything, major. or minor.
In fract, I like working their system. I have had an agent or two call in questioning the billing process . SMM stole the order, but I dealt with it.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:57 am

i couldn't care less if i get work from smm or how they rate me but it still bugs me that they dinged me for THEIR errors. they dinged me for like a dozen statusing errors and even though every single one was proved to be their error they said they couldn't remove them from their system. WTF?

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:27 pm

was just asked to go 70 miles round trip for 10 extra Guess what my reply was :lol:

haha

Postby haha » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:54 pm

I got a call the other day asking if I would go to a town that was 70 miles ONE way.....NOT!!! Didn't even let them offer me extra pay.

Return to “Discussion Topics”