Examiners needed Imedicately MS and GA

An "ANYTHING GOES" forum for discussing the interests, issues and concerns of the paramedical examiner community. Sharing ideas, knowledge, experiences and opinions is strongly encouraged.

However, we do ask that all participants respect the rights of others to communicate in whatever manner they wish, positive or negative, and TRY to behave respectfully toward one another when conflicts in views or opinions arise.

Our goal is to create an environment where examiners can speak openly and honestly without the restrictions of forced diplomacy or the constraints of having to observe over-bearing rules of political correctness.
Mobile Medic

Examiners needed Imedicately MS and GA

Postby Mobile Medic » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:10 pm

Senoia, GA 30276

Gautier, MS 39553

Hurley, MS 39555

Vidalia, GA 30474

Lynn Ins Med Services 954-647-6170 Thank you so much, I have like 20 cases sitting here!

Re: Examiners needed Imedicately MS and GA

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:17 pm

Suggest you have a stable of examiners before you advertise exam services territory. Best way to go out of business is to promise ICs what you can't fulfill.

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:02 pm

Guest wrote:Suggest you have a stable of examiners before you advertise exam services territory. Best way to go out of business is to promise ICs what you can't fulfill.

I'm sure she did'nt need your suggestions. If unwillling to suggest anything positive suggest you keep your suggestions
to yourself :roll: Sounds to me as if your jealous of this poster great marketing skills.

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:18 pm

I have like 20 cases sitting here!

In a case like this, the suggestion given makes sense to me. How about this for marketing savvy: Does ANYONE out there cover Northwestern Tennessee and/or Southeastern Virginia? I'm talking Bristol TN, Bristol VA, Marion VA, Johnson City TN, Grayson county VA - those areas? I do them for RSA, ExamOne Salem VA, APPS Richmond VA, and RSA. Yes I get hefty travel bonuses for covering these, but I have plenty of work in my own territory, and it's a chore for me to take time out to travel to these areas. If you are in any of these arreas, please contact the PCs above and make a deal. I'm telling you I am the only game in town out there and I'm tired.

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:49 am

Best way to go out of business is to promise ICs what you can't fulfill.
Really? The Big 4 have been doing it forever. Look at presets. Some brain surgeon came up with that idea, the Big 4 quickly fell in line and they all started offering them. How many go unmet and have to be rescheduled? 50%? 75%?

And not for nuthin' and although many believe otherwise, there are many examiners who are unreliable. You think you have an area covered and they bail.

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:50 am

And not for nuthin' and although many believe otherwise, there are many examiners who are unreliable. You think you have an area covered and they bail.

Can you blame them? The pay scale most of the PC offer, I am sure does not attract the most reliable people.

Yes, I know if you take a job you should do it, but sometimes it takes awhile before you realize your being bent over!
Than bad feelings come out and sometimes get the better of examiners which would explain the "don't give a Shi! attitude of so many out there".

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:35 pm

Look at presets. Some brain surgeon came up with that idea, the Big 4 quickly fell in line and they all started offering them. How many go unmet and have to be rescheduled? 50%? 75%?

Rescheduling presets is not the same as promising to cover areas where you have no examiners. I reschedule most of my presets and the applicant is always happy. The PC? Not so much. Tough. The work gets done, efficiently and well. They keep sending me work.

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:00 am

Rescheduling presets is not the same as promising to cover areas where you have no examiners
Really? Cuz I thought a promise was a promise irrespective of the content or terms. Or is it more to the point to say you only uphold the ones that matter to you? I'm thinking that's what you're really sayin' cuz I'm sure the PCs you're talking about made promises about presets and when you're not in charge it's not your call to decide which promises matter. Here's my moccasins, take a walk.

Just to have it said, I hate presets, thought they were a bad idea from jump and still do.

Can you blame them? The pay scale most of the PC offer, I am sure does not attract the most reliable people.
Yes, I know if you take a job you should do it, but sometimes it takes awhile before you realize your being bent over!
Yes I can blame them because there are plenty of instances where examiners aren't being bent over. Where the pay is well above the norm and they're treated with respect but they're unreliable just the same. What's their excuse?
Sorry, everybody's out to screw me doesn't cut it when I'm not the one screwing you.

I used to think it was all about the big, bad PCs and that their behavior brought out these attitudes in examiners but I'm beginning to wonder if it's the examiners who bring these attitudes out in the PCs. I can see how my feelings towards other examiners have shifted after being screwed by examiners I did right by.

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:27 pm

I don't honor other peoples promises. The PCs know it and seldom complain. If a preset is set in stone, they will call me and ask me if I can do it. Otherwise they know I will probably reschedule.

In regard to covering areas where there is no coverage: I wouldn't promise that to anybody hoping an examiner would show up. To me that would be business suicide. If an agent or an IC hears, "I know I said we could cover those cases, but we don't have any examiners out there." more than once they will stop sending cases. Better to be up front at the beginning. Then expand the territory as the stable of examiners grows. IMHO

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:11 pm

stable of examiners grows.

WOW!!! There you have it folks! This is how some people view us. :lol:

Are Your Stable Workers Independent Contractors or Employees?

Whether your barn workers are considered to be employees or independent contractors is a complex test of facts and circumstances. Here, we examine the common law factors in the context of relationships between a barn and its stall cleaners. In each A situation, the stall cleaners are more likely to be considered employees, and in each B situation, the stall cleaners are more likely to be considered independent contractors. The more "A" factors a barn has, the more likely its stall cleaners will be considered employees. The more "B" factors a barn has, the more likely its stall cleaners will be considered independent contractors.

How Does the Barn Hire Its Workers?
The contractual relationship between the parties can affect the determination of whether a worker is an employee or independent contractor, especially when the determination would not be clear based upon the other factors.

A. Big Barn decides its needs help cleaning stalls, so ita manager, Hapless Hannah, places a classified ad in the local paper. Larry Lieabout and Slacker Sarah answer the ad and accept Big Barn's offer of full-time employment, with health-care benefits (yes, this is fictional). Hannah gives Larry and Sarah an employment agreement to sign.

B. Sizable Stable also needs help cleaning stalls. Its manager, Fearless Frieda, has seen an advertisement on the local feedstore bulletin board for Manure Eliminators, a stable cleaning service. Frieda engages Manure Eliminators, and the parties sign an independent contractor agreement.

How Extensively Does the Barn Train Its Workers?

The more training the barn provides for its workers, the more likely they are to be considered employees.

A. On Larry's and Sarah's first day of work, Hannah introduces them to Peter Cedar, the "Lead Stall Maintenance Technician." Larry and Sarah shadow Peter for two weeks, during which time he instructs them in great detail about the desired shavings depth, amount of shavings banked against the rear stall wall, and the particular behaviors of each horse. Larry and Sarah work under Peter's close supervision until Peter is satisfied that they understand his extensive requirements.

B. Frieda is relieved to have Manure Eliminators on board, because she's received glowing references from other barns about the skill and professionalism of ME's employees. When the ME workers arrive for their first day, Frieda gives them basic instructions and turns them loose to do the work.

Does the Barn Provide Equipment and Supplies for Its Workers?

The more equipment and supplies the barn provides for its workers, the more likely the workers are to be employees rather than independent contractors.

A. Peter is very particular. He insists upon personally selecting the bedding, and Big Barn supplies all of the manure forks, wheelbarrows and other equipment used by Larry and Sarah to clean the stalls at Big Barn.

B. As long as the stalls are cleaned and bedded regularly and Sizable Stable's clients are happy, Frieda is not so fussy about how the work gets done. ME supplies all of Sizable Stable's bedding needs, and its workers bring their own equipment.

Does the Barn Reimburse Its Workers for Business Expenses?

If a barn reimburses its workers for business expenses, those workers are more likely to be considered employees.

A. Big Barn's tractor is an ancient relic and is always breaking down. Fortunately, Larry is a talented mechanic. He regularly fixes Big Barn's tractor and Big Barn reimburses him for all the parts he purchases.

B. Sizable Stable has a tractor that ME uses to compact the manure pile. Part of ME's contract includes maintaining the tractor. Sizable Stable does not reimburse ME for the cost of parts required to maintain the tractor.

Do the Barn's Workers Have Any Control Over Whether They Make a Profit?

The less control your workers have over whether they make a profit or loss, the more likely they are to be employees rather than independent contractors.

A. Larry and Sarah are both paid by the hour, and there is a limited number of hours that they can work.

B. ME is paid a contract price for the job, based upon the number of occupied stalls. ME has control over its profits because it controls how long the job takes, how many workers it sends to do the job, and what its materials costs are.

Do the Workers Have Set Hours?

Setting hours is an exertion of control by the employer that makes it more likely the workers will be considered employees.

A. Given Peter's particularity about the stalls, he insists that all stalls must be cleaned between the hours of 6 a.m. and 8 a.m., and again between the hours of 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. every day. In between stall cleanings, he has an extensive list of other areas to be cleaned.

B. Frieda and ME have decided that ME can clean the stalls whenever it likes, as long as each stall is clean by 3 p.m. Sometimes, ME comes in the morning, and sometimes ME comes in the afternoon.

Do the Workers Work Full-Time?

The less opportunity the workers have to perform work for others, the more likely they are to be considered employees.

A. Although Larry and Sarah have several "free" hours each day and work a bit less than 40 hours per week, their days are so structured by Peter's strict schedule that it would be impractical for them to do work for another employer.

B. Because ME's work for Sizable Stable is limited in scope, ME is free to, and does, contract with other barns in the area.

Yes I can blame them because there are plenty of instances where examiners aren't being bent over. Where the pay is well above the norm and they're treated with respect but they're unreliable just the same.

I am sorry this has been your experience, but I promise there are plenty of good examiners out there, nobody is perfect miscommunication can happen easily in this business so keep the stalls open. For sure, there needs to be a better avenue for finding examiners who want to work, especially if you are paying fairly.
When you do find a good examiner let them know! A little recognition can go a long way, if things are slow let them know, help them grow and your business will grow too.

It all goes back to that old saying, treat others how you want to be treated.

Miriam Webster

Postby Miriam Webster » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:23 pm

Definition of STABLE
: a building in which domestic animals are sheltered and fed; especially: such a building having stalls or compartments <a horse stable>

a: the racehorses of one owner
b: a group of people (as athletes, writers, or performers) under one management
c: the racing cars of one owner
d: group, collection

When I referred to a stable of examiners, I was using definition 2b and/or 2d. Nowhere are stable workers defined under "stable". A stable of examiners is a group of examiners, employed by, or under contract to, a PC; preferably located in areas, and with availability, diverse enough to perform exams in an area indicated as coverage territory.

Feel free to un-knot your panties now.

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:26 am

oh this is so much horseshit ;b

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:34 pm

Definition of STABLE
: a building in which domestic animals are sheltered and fed; especially: such a building having stalls or compartments <a horse stable>

a: the racehorses of one owner
b: a group of people (as athletes, writers, or performers) under one management
c: the racing cars of one owner
d: group, collection

When I referred to a stable of examiners, I was using definition 2b and/or 2d. Nowhere are stable workers defined under "stable". A stable of examiners is a group of examiners, employed by, or under contract to, a PC; preferably located in areas, and with availability, diverse enough to perform exams in an area indicated as coverage territory.

Feel free to un-knot your panties now.

World English Dictionary
semantics (sɪˈmæntɪks)

— n
1. the branch of linguistics that deals with the study of meaning, changes in meaning, and the principles that govern the relationship between sentences or words and their meanings
2. the study of the relationships between signs and symbols and what they represent
3. logic
a. the study of interpretations of a formal theory
b. the study of the relationship between the structure of a theory and its subject matter
c. (of a formal theory) the principles that determine the truth or falsehood of sentences within the theory, and the references of its terms

oh this is so much horseshit ;b

;j ;j ;j
gawd i love to peruse this board!! you guys are informative and i have great laughs here too! truly.

pe·ruse   /pəˈruz/ Show Spelled[puh-rooz] Show IPA
verb (used with object), pe·rused, pe·rus·ing.
1. to read through with thoroughness or care: to peruse a report.
2. to read.
3. to survey or examine in detail.

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:56 pm

It looks like there are a great many anti semantic perusers out there.

Mobile Medic

Postby Mobile Medic » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:58 pm

I read all the post comments about needing examiners in MS and GA. I posted the request for the lady needing some examiners in those specific cities and states..my intent was of course to help her and some examiners to do business together.Had no idea that the offer for work would be bashed.I have done cases for her in the past..and she pays well..and on time. I hope that some of you out there were able to benefit with the work. I always thought that we were here to support and help one another whenever possible.I know in this economy ..and with the slow summer months..I would welcome someone offering me work and would not put them down.

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:20 pm

Personally, I would not want a stranger, experienced examiner or not, doing exams under my name before I had some credentials from them - and that takes time. No way would I advertise a territory and accept orders unless i alrready had examiners on board to cover those areas. Caveat still stands. don't enter the race unless you have a horse.

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:44 am

I would welcome someone offering me work and would not put them down.
You would think but hasn't been my experience either. Don't know if the distrust and paranoia is that widespread or if it's idiots like the one above (who is either an exam company rep trying to keep examiners out of the direct market, or hasn't done enough direct work to understand how things are done) but people need to understand that MOST people who post work offers here are from smaller exam companies who are legitimate.
Some skepticism and distrust is healthy and protecting yourself and your interests should remain a priority but at least find out what the deal is before bashing them. Don't drive off people who really are trying to share the wealth and trying keep things within our own ranks. Unless you'd rather see everything in the hands of the Big 4.

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:54 am

Here Here I second that.I cover cases out of my territory as a courtesy to the agents. The agents trust my judgement,and
want the same service that they recieve from me, extended to their out of town clients.These are long term agents, who have experienced the service of the big 4, and opt. to continue the services that only direct examiners provide

When the case is subcontracted
to the out of territory examiner, the fees that I receive after paying the examiner and the billing company is perhaps $10.00
if a low-paying IC $15.00 for an average.

I provide the same oversite as I do with all of my cases.It has been my experience that all direct examiners do.

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:54 am

This board is full of posts from examiners who have been burned by fly-by-night mini PCs and by direct examiners and small PCs who have been likewise burned by examiners. Speaking as an examiner who does work for PCs and agents directly, I will not accept an exam from ANYONE without a verifiable physical address, first and last name of agent or BM, and 2 verifiable phone numbers.

Directs are pretty easy as the agents are anxious to get the exam completed and will give me all the info I need. Also, I know my billing houses and run them past the agents for an OK if necessary.

PCs I have never heard of are another thing. My car doesn't leave my garage without some assurance that I will be paid and by whom.

Occasionally, I have a direct or two I cannot cover and so I send it off to another examiner I know with agreed upon payment up front. - Angel

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:05 am

Guest wrote:This board is full of posts from examiners who have been burned by fly-by-night mini PCs and by direct examiners and small PCs who have been likewise burned by examiners. Speaking as an examiner who does work for PCs and agents directly, I will not accept an exam from ANYONE without a verifiable physical address, first and last name of agent or BM, and 2 verifiable phone numbers.

Directs are pretty easy as the agents are anxious to get the exam completed and will give me all the info I need. Also, I know my billing houses and run them past the agents for an OK if necessary.

PCs I have never heard of are another thing. My car doesn't leave my garage without some assurance that I will be paid and by whom.

Occasionally, I have a direct or two I cannot cover and so I send it off to another examiner I know with agreed upon payment up front. - Angel

I can understand your hesitancy in working with unknown small PCs, but if you read carefully 99.9% of the examiners being screwed are through PCs that they have had a previous relationship with.These are not strangers.They also don't work from the basement of their home. So having a verifiable address,& 2 to 3 contact numbers is no insurance that you will be compensated at the previous agreed rate, or at all.
There are honest small PCs that you will never hear about. They're carrying on their business and growing,much like the original poster.When you reach a certain level in this business as a small growing PC, you will no doubt have out of territory exams.I have dealt with quite a few and understand as a small PC, the need to reach out to examiners out of territory. It's how we compete and grow. Allow us to do that. We get enough grief from the big 4.I hope that this sheds light on the situation and people think beyond their frames of reference. :D

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:37 pm

have dealt with quite a few and understand as a small PC, the need to reach out to examiners out of territory.

Perhaps I am too cautious, but I would have a problem sending an exam to someone I did not know or had not checked out. That person's skill, demeanor and reliability would ultimately reflect on me. But then, I realize that expanding my business would incur certain risks. At this time of my life, I don't entertain that ambition, but all the power and best of luck to you who do. :)

mediservice

Postby mediservice » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:32 pm

Im in Lawrenceville Ga and covering Gwinnett county- Duluth, Snellville, tucker, suwanee, lilburn, and the surrounding areas. Please get in contact with me if you need coverage in these areas. My fee is $50 per exam if you bill.

D. Meighan

(404) 919-5331

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:59 am

pretty ambitious.

not that I disagree with the amount, in principle.

personally I believe all non-direct examiners should be paid that amount as a minimum, but don't forget the PCs have devalued the services to such an extent that that amount isn't much less than what the ICs expect to pay in total.

I wish all examiners would refuse to work for less than that amount because it would drive the prices up.
but the reality is most examiners are part-timers and don't approach this like they would if it was their primary income or a career choice.

for that reason alone it is highly unlikely that we'll ever see examiners band together to the extent that would be necessary to improve pay in this industry.

Return to “Discussion Topics”