Phlebotomy Services International PROCEED WITH CAUTION

An "ANYTHING GOES" forum for discussing the interests, issues and concerns of the paramedical examiner community. Sharing ideas, knowledge, experiences and opinions is strongly encouraged.

However, we do ask that all participants respect the rights of others to communicate in whatever manner they wish, positive or negative, and TRY to behave respectfully toward one another when conflicts in views or opinions arise.

Our goal is to create an environment where examiners can speak openly and honestly without the restrictions of forced diplomacy or the constraints of having to observe over-bearing rules of political correctness.

Phlebotomy Services International PROCEED WITH CAUTION

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:08 pm

I am writing to alert any examiners to proceed with caution in doing business with PSI.
it has been 3months and I have not received payment, nor have I had any return calls with
their intention to make payment. I acceppted this assignment from them because I previously
had completed study draws from them in the past. It took about 6wks to get reimbursed
but that was okay. I read the negative statements prior to completing this last one, but
proceeded to again do business based on my previous experience with them. Don't make the same mistake. I will eventually go directly to the original group that contracted with PSI
to bill them, letting them know this company is fraudently subcontracting their work. PSI
if you can't run with the big dogs stay on the porch. Interperted, Do not subcontract any
work you cannot pay from your own company. :x

Cynical in Seattle

Re: Phlebotomy Services International PROCEED WITH CAUTION

Postby Cynical in Seattle » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:27 pm

Thanks for sharing this with everyone, we need more of these exposures.

I vaguely remember asking questions about this company. Had a bad feeling about them.

You bring up a good point about paying out of one's own pocket. How did it become a standard expectation for the person performing the service to wait for their pay until the company paying them got paid themselves?

My approach used to be; establish a price and a paydate when contacted to do the work.

My new approach is; pay me first and then I'll do the work.

I've learned that many of these companies, the reputable ones, don't have any problem with paying you upfront by credit card, direct deposit, overnighting cashier's checks, etc. So that's the only way I'll do business now with someone I don't know.

CIS

Postby GUEST » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:05 pm

You would think they would get tired of seeing their names plastered over every forum, and
not in a postive way. You are absolutely correct in asking fee for service, a stance I intend
on adopting in the future.I have this policy for other services we provide, and will now
do the same with all request for services. After all, if you go to the Doctors office, the mechanic shop,
or the grocer for service, bill me is not going to cut it. They expect to be paid @ time of service
and so do I. Complete exposure for any business that operates in this manner should hopefully curtail this behaviour. I have no promblem in exposing them for what they are, as I am not
one to suffer silently.

Cynical in Seattle

Postby Cynical in Seattle » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:39 am

You should send them a link to this thread. They probably don't even know they're being talked about publicly. I'd advise anyone who posts a grievance against a company on this board to do the same. It's amazing how well that works.

CIS

Addendum: See what I mean by amazing? The following post was most likely from someone at PSI and they're not liking this kind of publicity.

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:32 pm

If you have any issues with PSI Contact them directly 1-888-664-4382 They are a legitimate company and professional. You may also e-mail them at administrator@phlebotomyservices.com

Postby GUEST » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:42 pm

Great Post,

Why bother when your not returning calls.

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:26 am

You are truly delusional if you think for one moment that is how honest businesses operate.
Paranoid as well if you think examiners across the country, who dont' know one another conspired against you to put the word out regarding your unethical business practices. As
long as you continue to contract work out, then have examiners chase you for their money,
You will continue to be the talk of the town.

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:03 pm

did i miss something? where did conspiracy come into play?

i see what i'd guess to be a comment from them attempting to keep things private.

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:58 pm

Yes, I think you missed it. Read carefully. Go back to other forums
this company names comes up repeatedly. practicing the same ole game. If you've not been a victim good for you. Others have Myself included.

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:12 pm

i meant are they claiming examiners are conspiring against them?

re-tell the other parts of the story here so we can get a fuller picture

thanks

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:46 am

Guest" What I do with new companies when they contact me is give them my price and request they send the fee out to me that day. They may even have a special kit they
want me to use. That way I get both at the same time and I hold the check until I get the work completed then I cash the check.

"Guest wrote:
I am writing to alert any examiners to proceed with caution in doing business with PSI.
it has been 3months and I have not received payment, nor have I had any return calls with
their intention to make payment. I acceppted this assignment from them because I previously
had completed study draws from them in the past. It took about 6wks to get reimbursed
but that was okay. I read the negative statements prior to completing this last one, but
proceeded to again do business based on my previous experience with them. Don't make the same mistake. I will eventually go directly to the original group that contracted with PSI
to bill them, letting them know this company is fraudently subcontracting their work. PSI
if you can't run with the big dogs stay on the porch. Interperted, Do not subcontract any
work you cannot pay from your own company. :x

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:38 pm

Great Idea,
One that I will use when dealing with shady companies, or for that matter any in the
future.

Thanks

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:01 pm

I'm a recent victim and I didn't see any of the post until after I had completed 3 of the exams. They haven't returned my calls or emails. Well, not true,...Tammy returned 2 emails. One said they were all sick and couldn't return calls or emails and 1 email, by Tammy said she was told the checks went out on Dec 10th. I still haven't recvd it and I saved the emails. I went out of my way big time to do the exams. But now, i'm thinking about the blood I drew on the people. I pray that all is well with them and it gives me a sense of peace that I was able to meet the wonderful people. As far as psi, The Lord will take care of them. You shouldn't mess with a Child of God.

Merry Christmas Guys!!!!

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:39 pm

When dealing with companies such as Phlebotomy Services International examiners should demand that payment be up front or you the examiner should bill it yourself directly. This will minimize the examiner's losses. You must protect yourself. If the company won't agree to this or other reasonable terms it's best not to do those exams. It's just not wise to "trust" shady companies that you are not familiar with or have not established a PROVEN history of trustworthiness with you.

In the business world credit is not freely given out it is earned. No more free credit do not become another victim!

Postby GUEST » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:44 am

I completed an exam for them in early October and still have not been paid, no responses to messages left, but now they want me to do another one. I dont think so!!

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:27 am

I think we should bill the client, you drew labs on. Inform them that you have not been
paid for services rendered by PSI and in this instance they (the client) will have to pay. Of course
they will be alarmed, which is what you want them to be. They will contact the 2nd party
involved in initiating the delivery of service, Who then will contact PSI. If you have the
2nd party contact. you can also bill them. This will put a stop to this crap, and the only
thing you can do @ this point short of taking them to court. I had the unfortunate task of
doing just this with another third party adminstrator of services and I was able to recoup
my fees. I performed the service for Co. A, . They did not pay. I contacted the company
with the invoices and emails, they stalled, then stopped returning phone calls. I then went to Co. B who employee I performed the service for , they apologized stating they had payed
Co. A and I should have been paid, I received reimbursement from Co. B the following week.
Co B. dropped Co. A shortly after. The process took approx. 4months. Continue to expose
PSI for who they are. The forum is fine for venting but @ some point action needs to take place.

Cynical in Seattle

Postby Cynical in Seattle » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:46 am

That's a great idea!!!

Going to the people who hired them and/or had the service performed really puts some pressure on them. I'm sure that being outed here will have an impact on their ability to find more suckers to do the work but making their customers/clients aware of what they're doing has to be embarrassing and not at all good for their image on the other side.

A perfect example of creativity and standing up for yourself. Thanks for sharing it.

It's encouraging to see there are some examiners willing to take action and get what is rightfully their due.

Postby guest » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:30 am

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!

Just wanted to give update concerning payment. I finally received payment this week, BUT have just been informed by my bank that check has been returned. I WILL be contacting them AND original contracting company for payment of both original services performed and bank fees that I was charged. Will keep you informed of progress.

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:57 am

I too received payment, but was waiting to respond until the check cleared. So far it has
no word from the bank. At this point your heading in the right direction with receiving reimbursment.Sad it has come to this. I think they got in over their heads on
these contracts. GOOD LUCK

Postby guest » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:43 pm

As of yet they have not responded to any calls or emails regarding this situation. If, by tomorrow at noon they have not responded, then I will be contacting the ordering customer and going that route. It is a shame it had to come to this, I would have hoped that they had more integrity and would give me the common courtesy of a return phone call. I am sure that they would demand the same if the table were turned.

davemingchang

Postby davemingchang » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:48 pm

[iSPOKE WITH GLYCOMINDS TODAY, ONE OF SEVERAL COMPANIES THAT PSI(PHLEBOTOMY SERVICES, INT DEALS WITH, THAT WAS A DEAD END STREET. The woman i spoke with stated the company is based in Isreal somehwere, So good luck getting any payment from anyone, Ive spoken to PSI head Kahuna ED CUTLER, still no payment recieved for the services i did for him! This company just isnt right, over 20 people, and counting have worked for him/and psi and have not been paid, This has got to stop!!! We are all good at what we do out here, and with the economy being so bad at this time, No one person can afford to lose even a dollar from cheap, unethical companies that have you do the work, AND NOT PAY YOU! Come on psi, man up! pay what you owe the people that put a small amount of trust in you, you say youve been in business for 10 or so yrs, ACT LIKE IT! BE PROFFESSIONAL, BE RIGHT! IM SICK OF GETTING WORK FROM PEOPLE, AND FIND OUT THEY DONT PAY PEOPLE, AFTER THE FACT. PEOPLE BE AWARE!

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:21 pm

GUEST wrote:I completed an exam for them in early October and still have not been paid, no responses to messages left, but now they want me to do another one. I dont think so!!

if it's something you can bill yourself, take it and bill it. you'll probably get 3-4 times what they (if they actually were to pay) would have given you.

those who have gotten screwed should get together and submit a group complaint to the BBB.

probably be that much more effective coming from several people

guest2

Postby guest2 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:32 pm

I think the points should be re-emphasized.

If you do not have an ESTABLISHED and trusted business relationship DO NOT accept orders from PC's unless:
1) You must demand full payment upfront with check/cashed.
2) You only accept order under conditions that you will bill direct.
3) Decline order.

I am sorry that so many examiners are being too trusting and are not getting paid for their services. Examiners now must do what they can to protect themselves. The old words of wisdom still holds true. " A ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure."

I hope all examiners will get paid for their work soon.

Does anyone think that perhaps making a few phone calls from examiners on this board to Phlebotomy Services International will get their attention?

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:50 am

guest2 wrote:I think the points should be re-emphasized.

If you do not have an ESTABLISHED and trusted business relationship DO NOT accept orders from PC's unless:

you might want to change that from PCs to something else. the problem described here isn't with paramedical companies (although some of them bear watching too) it's with companies outside of the life insurance business; DNA, studies, health fairs, etc.

as for calling PSI by phone, that doesn't seem to have worked for the victims so far. they just let them go to answering machines and don't respond.

if I'm not mistaken, complaints filed with the better business bureau become part of a public record about the company. they might be more inclined to resolve these issues if they see people are willing to go over their heads and do damage to them publicly.

guest2

Postby guest2 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:54 am

[/quote]you might want to change that from PCs to something else. the problem described here isn't with paramedical companies (although some of them bear watching too) it's with companies outside of the life insurance business; DNA, studies, health fairs, etc.

I mentioned PC's because that is where much of the shady practice is going on and PSI is a PC. There may be other business such as DNA studies health fairs, etc. but this has not been a topic of discussion on this board. If the aformentioned buisness are offenders then this certainly need's to be brought to the attention of others.

as for calling PSI by phone, that doesn't seem to have worked for the victims so far. they just let them go to answering machines and don't respond. I say there is powers in numbers. I don't think it should be so quickly discounted if a concerted effort as a group was put forth by making a few phone calls. This could go as far as making calls to the agents/insurance companies. I'm sure they don't want to do business with dishonest PC's. Hey so what it goes to the answering service. He will then have to listen and sort through all those messages to get the messages or work order calls etc. If he does this enough times maybe it will shake him up and change his ways. At least he will know the examiners out there know about him and his shady practices and may not do the work for his company. This in itself will affect his bottom line. I say a multi-pronged approach may get the desired results. [/color]

if I'm not mistaken, complaints filed with the better business bureau become part of a public record about the company. they might be more inclined to resolve these issues if they see people are willing to go over their heads and do damage to them publicly.[/quote]

[color=#0000FF]Yes by all means use available resources to attack unethical business practices.

Postby GUEST » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:35 am

I am one of their victims. After waiting for 3 months for pay, I was mailed a check which was then returned for insufficient funds. I left 14 messages for them before going to the ordering company. I have spoken with the ordering company and they assured me that this is not how THEY do business and this would be taken care of. Two days later, Ed Cutler, (top dog at PSI) called me and apologized profusely for "the mistake" and assured me that payment would be mailed immediately with check fees included in the form of a money order. That was on Jan 5. Nothing yet. I am going to call the ordering company again on Feb 5 and let them be aware of what is still going on. When I called them the first time, they were mortified to know what was happening, and I directed them to this site to read about this company that they were doing business with. The CEO read the posts while on the phone with me and was not a happy person. He then stated that he would call PSI personally and find out what was going on. That is when I finally got a response from PSI about my check. Hopefully, he will be willing to help again. I am reporting to BBB also.

pw0731

Postby pw0731 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:01 pm

I have als had the same problem with this company, so these issues are not unfounded. It took more than a year to get paid for my services and the only reason I did is because ii refused to do a healthfair for them because of this. I spke with the president of the company and he assured me that i would get paid any money that they owed me. Well that even took another couple of months after emailing and calling him over and over again. their excuse was they had problems with their accounting dept. Whatever.. after i finally got paid they tried to contract me again and I said hell no... It was t much trouble and they still kept sending me orders and finally they gave up when i just ignored their request. It was a nightmare and i think that they are well aware of their reputation. If not..I told them. So I will continue to bad mouth them withoout any shame and Hopefully, no one else gets sucked in to their scams. They need to fix their own issues and re establish temselves to the examiners.

notbadforawhiteguy

Postby notbadforawhiteguy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:15 pm

I had problems similar to these in the past. Once, in 2007, I did an exam for a company out of Georgia, of course I never recieved payment and threatened to take them to court over it and surprise surprise. The company stopped emailing me, returning my calls and registered letters. I sent the bill directly to the patient and the Insurance agent. Boy! Did this start a controversy or what? The agent actually threatened me saying that he would smear my reputation...I taped recorded the whole conversation and played it back to his boss. I recieved my money in two weeks after with an apology letter attached. The insurance company dropped this little company out of Georgia on their list of exam companies. But, before you goto this extreme check you state laws on taping phone conversations. And try not to get the patient involved, for those last minute cancellations when they cancel at their door, I used to send a bill for my time. That is on par of going to the doctor's office for an appointment and cancelling at the desk or if they come to your home on a house call.

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:47 pm

Ed Cutler does not stick to his word and now he will have to deal with my reports to the Better Business Bureau along with a News/Radio station allerting professionals in this field of this company. This PSI may have gotten away with all this BS before but this time they met the wrong person who knows all the right people. Anyone with similar complaints or problems should follow suit. Report it not only where you reside but also where this suppossed company is... "Oregon" and also report the name of the individual you were in contact with and their location as well if known. When I receive payment, and yes I said when because I will see to it they pay me; they best bet their arse that it doesn't bounce or anything of the sort because I will make that so called business sink faster than than could even try to swim. These POS's messed with the wrong person this time!!!

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:21 pm

http://www.bbb.org/oregon/business-revi ... -22507303#

This also speaks for this lousy so called Company/Business!!!!!

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:19 pm

Thanks for the link, it's pretty interesting. The BBB gives them an F rating, partly because they haven't even responded to them about complaints.

It may not accomplish anything but I took a minute to lodge a complaint with the BBB while I was there.

I would suggest including that link for anyone making a complaint to those affiliated with PSI. It will absolutely help show them for what they are; scumbags. I'd also give them a link to this thread.

It's nice to see examiners watching each other's backs.

guest2

Postby guest2 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:42 am

@notbadfor whiteguy:

I also had a similiar experience with a Paramedical company several years ago out of Georgia. Maybe the same company. It was a husband and wife team. Mostly wife did more of the behind the scene business like payroll. I took several jobs from them. They were very nice to me at first blah blah... When it came to paying me on time for the agreed amount I was S.O.L ! The games this company ran on me and ALL the LIES I was told would fill a book. :evil: I finally received all my money (like you after engaging in desperate measures) but I lost a lot of valuable time that will never be recouped. The nerve of them they continued to call me and send me orders as if nothing ever happen at all. After I told them a piece of my mind I told them to get LOST.

I have learned a valuable lesson: If a company wants me to do work for them I do not know. They have one of two choices ONLY. Pay me first upfront before the job is completed with the check having been verified that its good. Second choice I will bill the case directly .

Examiners please protect yourself. There are companies that will prey on the those that are trusting, unsuspecting or those who don't know their rights.

guest2

Postby guest2 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:52 am

@Guest: Another fine example of very good Work. Unethical companies need to be exposed and unsuspecting examiners need to be aware.

Postby 111 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:38 am

Ed cutler will not return your call unless he knows you will call and complain to one of the companies like Alan Stewart that he contracts with. Other than that he will call you to make sure you complete the draw on time, but you can leave him messages ALL DAY and he does not care, believe me!

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:25 pm

SPOKE WITH GLYCOMINDS TODAY, ONE OF SEVERAL COMPANIES THAT PSI(PHLEBOTOMY SERVICES, INT DEALS WITH, THAT WAS A DEAD END STREET. The woman i spoke with stated the company is based in Isreal somehwere, So good luck getting any payment,

Correct, i just confirmed that they are based out of Israel fronted by Ed who lives in Oregon so they are unable to be sued when it comes down to it, and are insolvent to any American jurisdictions.

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:12 pm

To all users:

Please use "quoting" as it was intended; to refer to, or reply to, a specific part of what another user wrote. Quoting an entire post when only referring to part of it, or quoting without any of your own commentary just clutters up the board.

Thank you

guest2

Postby guest2 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:46 pm

.......From what I am reading here PSI is pretty much untouchable when it come down to the law. They can and will continue to prey upon the trusting.

I wonder how many other companies are like that in the industry?? This is sobering.

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:04 pm

I was just contacted by them today to do a contract. After reading some of these posts, I am going to look at other firums and do some more research before I do the contract.

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:43 am

at the very least i hope you will have seen/heard enough to make pre-payment a condition of taking work from them

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:48 pm

I have work for Phlebotomy Services Intl for the past 10 summers and haven't had a problem. They are great to work for and their events are fun. I would beware of internet bashers it seems to be the same few people all over the internet saying the same thing over and over. With our current economy I wouldn’t want anyone to miss work they need because of these people.

lady79

Postby lady79 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:14 pm

hmmm I still think we need a rating system for this particular reason some like companys and some don't but their true colors will shine when 20 out of 30 give them 1 star;)

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:55 am

I think that is a great idea. Perhaps starting a new thread with PSI at the top?...What do you have in mind on how the rating system would work?

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:38 am

I have work for Phlebotomy Services Intl for the past 10 summers and haven't had a problem. They are great to work for and their events are fun. I would beware of internet bashers it seems to be the same few people all over the internet saying the same thing over and over. With our current economy I wouldn’t want anyone to miss work they need because of these people.

You must be Ed himself or someone affiliated with him and desperately trying to redeem PSI. Yes that's is why there's been no problem with you getting paid. Oh no this is not a case of internet bashing. I personally know of at least four examiners that I know that still has not been paid. Ask all the examiners that has been lied to and owed money it will most likely a very cold day in hell before they get their rightly owed money.

Ed and his slimy creepy snakes read the boards. If he was a man of good character and moral integrity he would come on the board and discuss these issues openly, immediately resolve any outstanding issues and pay up to all that he owes.. Make things right. He rather post Anonymously and deal with examiners off the board in an undercover way. By email or the phone making promises he know d*m well he won't keep. He just hope there are some uninformed examiners that will still take a chance on him. Now that he has been exposed for his dishonest business practices any prudent examiners would steer clear of him. If Ed will cheat others he will most certainly cheat you too.

Yes time are difficult and everyone wants more work. There are other options out there for making money and certainly I wouldn't consider working with PSI because you may work but you won't get paid. Any examiner that is willing to deal with him should just be willing to assume the position and just get ready to f*cked over.

I don't believe this poster not one bit....Worked the last 10 summers????? :lol: Yep I got some swamp land in Florida I wanna sell. If anybody want's to believe that story I got it to sell to you.

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:34 am

i don't think the answer is to not deal with them at all as much as it is to deal with them on YOUR terms.

Insist on pre-payment. Charge more for your services. Get everything in writing...
I think the lesson to be learned here (no matter who we do business with) is that we should all develop practices which ensure security for ourselves and do it consistently until it becomes accepted as standard operating procedure.

Having the money in our hands before doing the work puts us in the power position. You can decide that no-shows and last-minute cancellations aren't yours to eat. You can say you made an honest, good faith attempt to get the blood and still get paid for trying. Not your fault the client had crappy veins or forgot a urine was needed.

These aren't radical, unreasonable actions any more than having to pay for an item before leaving the store with it is.

guest2

Postby guest2 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:56 am

.....the poster that writes that he/she enjoys the health fairs? PSI has a history of not paying the examiners for health fairs as well. PSI won't be paying examiners before they have completed the screenings. In this case I don't a) work for free b) chase money I cannot collect on. It is not a smart or efficient way to use my time and resources. I rather spend my time forming business alliances with those that are honest and have integrity.

Each one has to make their own decisions around dealing with known dishonest company(s). That's my opinion and I sticking to it.

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:39 am

Guest2, i agree with your opinion of PSI and i have the same general approach; i don't do business with anyone who forces me to chase them for pay, however, i disagree with your contention that companies won't pre-pay. even on health screens.

for those who don't want to risk passing up legitimate work it's a plan worth considering and something i think we should all be doing as a rule. telling a company you will do the health screen provided they pay you when you arrive puts them on notice. you're not turning down the job but you are protecting yourself from doing it for free. any reputable company shouldn't have a problem with those conditions.

there's still a chance a company might try to get over on examiners but it's a hell of a lot less likely because the examiner can not only just leave but they can embarrass the company in the process. i wouldn't hesitate to walk if they didn't have a check waiting for me when i arrived, and i wouldn't do it quietly.

bottom line: we can shift power to ourselves simply by using a different approach and having a different attitude.

guest2

Postby guest2 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:29 pm

To the above poster. I agree generally with most of your points presented. These are certainly options to consider as examiners. The information is here on the board for each examiner to make their own decision in what works for them. For me I have heard enough about PSI to make an informed decision for myself. Knowing what I know about them if I do business with them I take on a real risk of not getting my fees and/or all the aggravation associated with a NSF check. I'm just not willing to take the chance. I think I would do better and gamble my money at the casinos....my odds are better. ;)

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:02 pm

don't confuse my suggestion as encouragement to do anything with PSI
i wouldn't take a thing from them unless i could direct bill it and even then it would just be to steal it from them to see how they like getting screwed. i'm pretty sure most people won't go that far so i didn't suggest it.

my point was we all need to think outside the box and question everything.

like;
why shouldn't we expect payment for our work at the time we do it, or before?
what's wrong with establishing terms that eliminate our risk?
should we assume pay is non-negotiable just because someone says "we pay $20 for this"?

change happens when people test the boundaries because they don't accept everything as fact

Postby Guest » Mon May 16, 2011 12:30 am

WORST DAMN COMPANY IN THE HISTORY ....... CAN I SAY SHADY, DISHONEST, MONEY HUNGRY, NO GOOD P.O.S!!!!! NON STOP 90 PLUS DAYS OVER DUE FOR PAY, CHASE GAME RESULTS IN NO CALLS RETURNED OR ANSWERED. IF YOU GET ONE OF THE NO GOOD LIARS TO ANSWER LIKE ED CUTLER OR TAMMY PINEDA OR WHOEVER ELSE SUPPOSSEDLY WORKS FOR OR REPRESENTS THIS COMPANY..........GET READY FOR EVERY EXCUSE KNOW TO MAN FOR YOUR REASON OF NO PAYMENT. OH WAIT IT GETS BETTER, YOU BETTER HOPE THE CHECK THEY MAY FINALLY SEND MONTHS LATER THAT IT DOESN'T BOUNCE AND COST YOU A LOVELY CHARGE AT YOUR BANK. GOOD FOR NOTHING PLACE AND PEOPLE. STAY FAR FAR AWAY, UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE A SLAVE FROM THE 1800'S AND YOU MAY AS WELL GET ABUSED TOO. BEST PART, THE CONTRACT AND INVOICES THAT THEY HAVE US IDIOTS SIGN HAS A PROMISE ON IT THAT SERVICES WILL BE PAID IN FULL WITHIN 30 DAYS OF COMPLETION. WOW WHAT CALENDAR OR NUMBER SYSTEM DO THEY USE, IDIOT'S ANNONYMOUS. REALLY! THIS IS WHAT I CALL ANOTHER CALL TO EVERY AGENCY THAT CAN REPORT/SHOW THEIR TRUE COLORS/REPUTATION TO ALL THAT CROSS THESE CHEAPSKATES.

I AM EAGERLY WAITING PSI/ANY LOSER FROM THE COMPANY TO RESPOND TO THIS POST TO TRY AND B.S. OR REDEEM THEMSELVES FROM THEIR ONLY KNOW WAY OF BUSINESS..........LEECH STYLE, SUCK US DRY AND WAIT FOR THE NEXT SUCKER! WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Guest » Mon May 16, 2011 5:32 am

Please don't shout.

It's obvious how you feel but everything in caps makes it hard to read and your point gets lost, not to mention it's considered rude on bulletin boards.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:14 pm

Got the following sent to me as an FYI and what kills me is the comments by Irene. No matter how much shit people throw at you they act like it's not playing fair when you go public with what they've done. Here's another unfair! Bite me.
Enjoy

...I would like to further apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced by receiving an e-mail from a phlebotomy company we have worked with. It is not understood how they received the e-mail addresses and was completely un-professional.

Irene R Day
Certified Bookkeeper
Phlebotomy Services International
55 South Fifth Street
PO Box 5372
Central Point, OR 97502
541-664-4382 ext. 400

----- Original Message -----
"Julie Gronning" <jgronning@emsinet.com>
To:"Ed Cutler" <ed@phlebotomyservicescom>
Cc:"Irene Day" <irene@phlebotomyservices.com> [PLUS A BOATLOAD OF OTHER PEOPLE]
Sent:Tue, 24 May 2011 13:42:47 -0700

Subject:
Med-Ex Paramedical
Ed-
It has been weeks since you told me you would send out replacement checks for all the checks that bounced. We have done cases for you every month since January and have yet to receieve a check that can clear the bank. The bank tried to put through the first 2 checks and they bounced yet again. Plus you owe us for the 2 checks that should have gone out this month for April cases.
Why are all your checks bouncing and why are you not taking care of this? You have promised to overnight me cashiers checks and you never have.
Should I assume that we are never going to get paid for the all cases we have done for PSI this year?

Please advise-

Julie Gronning
Regional Vice President
Med-Ex Paramedical
dba EMSI
NV, UT, ID, AZ
702-898-8777
702-898-8789 fax
I'm so sick of the "you're being UNPROFESSIONAL if you publicize what I've done to you" shit.

Here's a novel idea; if you don't want people to speak badly of you, don't give them a reason to. :o

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:22 am

BEWARE!! ED CUTLER BIGGEST SCAM ARTIST IN THE HISTORY OF MAN. ALONG WITH HIS BOGUS EMPLOYEES.... IRENE, TAMMY, AND WHOEVER ELSE PLOTS MISERY FOR ALL OTHERS. DON'T PAY....... EVER! AND HAVE NO PROFESSIONAL WITS ABOUT THEM LET ALONE COMMON SENSE. I INFORMED ALL OF THOSE THEY CONTRACTED WITH AND BEST PART.....WAIT TILL ED REALIZES HE HAS TO GO TO COURT.....AND IT IS WAY BEYOND SMALL CLAIMS COURT.....WHAT EXCUSE WILL HE USE THIS TIME.....I CAN ONLY IMAGINE IT WILL BE AS SAVY AS CASEY ANTHONY'S TRIAL...HAHA L O S E R!!

medxams

Postby medxams » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:32 pm

I completed an exam for them on 5/20/2011, here it is July 7th, 2011 and no payment, they will not return my calls, all I got was an email from Ed Cutler stating he mailed my check on June 28th, and I have still not received anything, I think this is crap. We do the work and they dont want to pay.. :oops:

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:51 am

I have decided not to accept any work from these small fly be night companies unless they give me an order that I can bill myself. I think that there are to many of them that are being run poorly or are on the brink of bankruptcy.

Stickler

Postby Stickler » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:33 pm

Woo-Hoo! Looks like Mr. Ed hisself or one of his flunkies has discovered this board!

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:40 am

Well that's where I'm at with all these fly-by-night PC's. I will only accept a case if I am allowed to bill direct. The headaches and uncertainty behind if I will get paid or not is simply not worth it anymore....NO MORE EXCEPTIONS! Otherwise these fly by night companies can go take a hike.

kelvinman

Postby kelvinman » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:46 pm

any more information on this phlebotomy services?

queenb1969

Postby queenb1969 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:30 pm

I had to bill the ordering co and they paid within 2 weeks. Just tired of the excuses and the lies I kept getting from PSI when they would finally answer a phone. Will Never do another case for them. Not worth the headaches, time or the money (costs more in time and aggravation) Not only that, the first check I ever recvd from them was returned NSF and a $40 charge from my bank.. NO THANKS

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:42 am

i'd like to get a head count for interest in a class action lawsuit or other legal action against them. seems like they've been breaking laws along the lines of interstate commerce. maybe some sort of federal agency involvement?

Tammy

Postby Tammy » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:27 pm

Hello,
My name is Tammy Pineda and I would like all of you to know that I am no longer with PSI. That being said I would like to inform any of you that have placed my name on this forum that everything that I ever said to you on the phone or via email was what I was told by management. I was in no way, shape or form trying to mislead any of you. I was simply relaying whatever information was given to me by management.
I am sure that you can understand the position that I was in while working for PSI. I could only tell you what I was told and that is how it worked. So I apologize to any of you that think I had something to do with this but I was simply doing as I was instructed.

medxams

Postby medxams » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:43 pm

Its been 3months and still no payment, I got a call from an Ed Bankuti saying he was Ed Cutler's accountant, that I was going to receive payment for a clinical I did. Still nothing and guess what, he does not return phone calls either, I would love to see these guys sued or something, its bull.....sh......

NASCPE

Postby NASCPE » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:11 am

Tammy, thanks for coming here and letting us know you were forced to mislead people. It's nice to know there are still some people in the business world with a conscience and we, as examiners, know only too well about being forced to do things or risk losing our jobs.

Since it's obvious that PSI has cheated so many people it would be helpful if you could give us more detailed "insider" information. It might give the victims a better chance to recoup their losses.

Thanks

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:31 pm

Would someone please explain to me the difference between the actions of PSI and the actions of EMSI and E1 when they "blackball" examiners who go direct, or when they withhold $$$ from their franchise offices that dont "follow the rules," or when they deduct "error fees" from the already miniscule pay that examiners get? Not to mention, when they low-ball service fees in order to get the IC contract at all costs, no matter what it means to the paramedical exam industry and our pay?
PSI is just the same as all of the others.........it's just a matter of degree! :idea: :x

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:35 am

Would someone please explain to me the difference between the actions of PSI and the actions of EMSI and E1 when they "blackball" examiners who go direct, or when they withhold $$$ from their franchise offices that dont "follow the rules," or when they deduct "error fees" from the already miniscule pay that examiners get? Not to mention, when they low-ball service fees in order to get the IC contract at all costs, no matter what it means to the paramedical exam industry and our pay?
PSI is just the same as all of the others.........it's just a matter of degree!

WOW you sumed it up how I feel about all PC'S, now lets form a class action lawsuit and sue the hell out of all of them-

All the things you mention above, examiners have no power or control over, unless we just decide not to make a living as a paramedical examiner. The PC's are monopolizing this INDUSTRY

REFUSED TO PAY!!!

Postby REFUSED TO PAY!!! » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:49 am

This company asked us to do an event for them in Cheyenne, Wyoming on August 11th 2011 for the a company that makes windows for Home Depot. Their name is JELD-WEN - This review does not reflect anything negative towards that company, but should reflect a negative ding aganist Phlebotomy International.

First lets get the correct and legal name of this company that seems to change their names from time to time....A sly business move on their part to stay hidden from people they have not paid. Follow these links to the Oregan Secratary of state.

http://egov.sos.state.or.us/br/pkg_web_ ... tus=ACTINA

http://egov.sos.state.or.us/br/pkg_web_ ... rint=FALSE

Ed Cutler is or was the primary business owner at some point. Now Kristen R. Cutler is a registered agent of P.S.I and Doing business as: KAYCEE ENTERPRISES INC. -

The registered mailing address is:

55 SOUTH 5TH STREET STE D
CSZ CENTRAL POINT OR 97502

So here is the fact. My friend was asked to work an event for this company and were almost a month out from that event and they have not returned any calls, responded to any e-mails nor replied to her faxed contract.

I would caution anyone attempting to trust this company!!

Here is the resolution:

I to am a business owner in the legal field. I also work healthcare part-time and have done so for twenty years now. I have never seen anyone try and avoid their responsibilites like this company. If you want to operate a legal business, than fine, but if you want to manipulate people into getting them to help you, and you had no intention of paying them, I would have to say you lack integrity.

I see that so many people have had negative run in's with this company, and I am not sure if anyone has filed a suit aganist them yet, but I assure all you viewers that one is coming soon.

If you have questions or concerns about this company - You should contat the Oregan Attorney General at once: http://www.doj.state.or.us/

Their telephone number is: 1-877-877-9392

Now a message to Ed and Kristen Cutler - You have these messages posted on-line because you have upset, lied and cheated people out of their hard earned pay. I am not the sort of person to believe everything I hear, but in the after math of our situation and reading the hundreds of negative posts pending aganist your name, I am sure it's fact.

People do not appreciate being lied to or manipulated and you have found yourself in a situation where legal action will be taken aganist you.

Whatever it takes

Postby Whatever it takes » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:43 pm

Shut the scumbag down. :lol:

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:45 pm

Add me to the list as of today. Can't pay....then don't play! Ed Cutler his pathetic self will pay me whether it takes a lifetime or not!

butterfly51

Postby butterfly51 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:46 pm

Have done work for PSI and know the owner personally. (Not a good person) It has been at least 7 months since I did the first exam for him and have received only one small check of the $900 he owes me. No response from emails, calls or even threats to go to a lawyer or take him to court to collect my money. HE DOES NOT CARE. Please, Please stay away from this company. do not do even ONE exam for them. He is a smooth talker and can talk his way into anything don't beleive a word, not a single one, of what he says. He is a liar and a cheat and will never ever do what he says he will. Tammy, one of his office workers, was smart she is out of there. She knew what a skum bag he was and she left him. The rest of the office crew is no better than he is, only because they back him up and won't tell what is really happening. So this is a warning to all examiners, new and old, do not ever, ever do anything for PSI. Let him sink!!!!

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:05 pm

The rest of the office crew is no better than he is, only because they back him up and won't tell what is really happening.

I can think of a few offices this occurs in ;)

GUESSWHAT

Postby GUESSWHAT » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:50 pm

butterfly51 wrote:Have done work for PSI and know the owner personally. (Not a good person) It has been at least 7 months since I did the first exam for him and have received only one small check of the $900 he owes me. No response from emails, calls or even threats to go to a lawyer or take him to court to collect my money. HE DOES NOT CARE. Please, Please stay away from this company. do not do even ONE exam for them. He is a smooth talker and can talk his way into anything don't beleive a word, not a single one, of what he says. He is a liar and a cheat and will never ever do what he says he will. Tammy, one of his office workers, was smart she is out of there. She knew what a skum bag he was and she left him. The rest of the office crew is no better than he is, only because they back him up and won't tell what is really happening. So this is a warning to all examiners, new and old, do not ever, ever do anything for PSI. Let him sink!!!!

Butterfly if you are a member of NASCPE, I hope you have taken advantage of the legal membership offered.
A letter drafted by the attorney to PSI threatening a lawsuit should get him moving to settle.
For more info contact info@nascpe.com

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:24 am

The rest of the office crew is no better than he is, only because they back him up and won't tell what is really happening
anyone else see the hypocrisy here? i absolutely agree with staying away from a company with this much bad publicity and using nascpe to get results but how are there employees any different than examiners?

nobody gives NOT taking action for fear of POSSIBLY seeing a drop in work a second thought as an excuse for examiners to sit on there hands, but then sits in judgment of these people who would definitely lose there jobs if they spoke up?

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:46 am

Good point and it killed this thread in its tracks. Guess nobody wants to hold a mirror up to themselves.

DRJJ1

Postby DRJJ1 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:40 pm

Count me in. Ed cutler days are ending and
Iwant in on any legal action against psi

DRJJ1

Postby DRJJ1 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:44 pm

So any news psi screwed me and
They are still operating. Anyone have
Their most recent address??

Drjj1

Postby Drjj1 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:47 pm

I have read posts from 2010
And this co is still operating. I would
Like to know if anyone did anything
Legal and outcome.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:59 am

I just checked with the BBB and they say PSI is not accredited with them but lists them with an A+ rating.
http://www.bbb.org/oregon/business-reviews/medical-testing-companies/phlebotomy-services-international-in-central-point-or-22507303

So it's apparent that 1 of 2 things occured:

1. The BBB doesn't listen or do anything when they get complaints about non-BBB members
2. The people complaining here haven't actually filed complaints with the BBB

If it's #1 I'd like to see proof that complaints were actually filed because the BBB (under "reason for rating") says no complaints were filed against PSI.
If it's #2 you deserved to get f*cked because you didn't take action other than whining about getting f*cked.

If #1 is true then the BBB should be under just as much, if not more, fire and scrutiny as PSI because that makes them an organization who is only interested in getting paid to protect their members (paying customers) while pretending to be an agent of integrity and honesty.

If #2 applies to you, you wasted a lot of people's time by asking for help or suggestions and doing nothing with what they gave you. I feel nothing but contempt for any of you who did that and I'm glad you got f*cked and hope it keeps happening to you until you develop the balls to fight back.

No, I'm not somebody who got f*cked by PSI personally. Just someone tired of cowards.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:08 am

Phlebotomy Servcies International
1-855-600-3722 or local 1-541-664-4382
FAX: 541-210-9682
Mailing Address: PO BOX 5372 Central Point, OR 97502

This Business is not BBB Accredited
Phlebotomy Services International LLC
Phone: (541) 664-4382
Fax: (541) 664-4210
55 S 5th St Ste B, Central Point, OR 97502-2474

Here is their facebook page;
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Phlebotom ... 7388207006

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:20 am

P.S.I. or Phlebotomy Services International

If this company will not pay for your services, send an invoice for service to the client or company services were performed for. Your name is on the documentation. make sure to include your contact information with call back number. If you are questioned be professional and let them know your sorry for the delay but you are invoicing them for YOUR services. If they reference PSI let them know they DID NOT perform the services/collection, PSI contracted with you for your collection services, failed to pay and you expect your payment, thus you are billing them directly. If a PSI contract is mentioned, be professional and let them know THEY DID NOT perform the collection you did and you expect payment in full at the price YOU set. If they are willing to provide you the PSI contracted collection prices you may possibly honor them depending the pricing differential.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:05 pm

Here is their facebook page;
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Phlebotom ... 7388207006

i'm not a facebooker so forgive me if i'm wrong, but can't those of you who are slap the shit out of them on their facebook page?

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:43 am

[/quote]
i'm not a facebooker so forgive me if i'm wrong, but can't those of you who are slap the shit out of them on their facebook page?[/quote]

Yes that could be done!

WageLawyer

Postby WageLawyer » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:21 pm

I'm a lawyer in Eugene, Oregon. I've sued Phlebotomy Services International on behalf of two persons for whom I now have obtained money judgments against PSI for wages plus penalties. My two clients experienced much the same run around as have many of you who have posted here - specifically, failure to pay for urine sample collection work they performed for PSI. I am now attempting to collect on these judgments for my clients, but need to locate assets to attach. I would appreciate if people here would share the following types of information with me; the more recent the information is, the better:

* Name of any banks on which a check has been drawn - i.e., banks where PSI has an active bank account;
* Name of companies or organizations that PSI recently or regularly does contract work for;
* Description of any durable goods (motor vehicles, computers, medical equipment, etc.) that PSI owns (not leased) that may have a significant resale value.

Please reply to me via private email to grooters2006 at hotmail dot com, as Edward Cutler (PSI) may be monitoring this forum. Thank you.

Cynical in Seattle

Postby Cynical in Seattle » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:48 am

This is great! Action being taken against a thief.

I hope everyone who has something on PSI shares it with this attorney, even if you question the relevancy and usefulness of that information. Let him decide its' value.

To the attorney: we are extremely distrustful as a group, especially since there are many Ed Cutlers in this business. It would behoove you to list your website or other info here so people can establish your bona fides. ie; ensure that you're not Ed himself. He is nothing if not sneaky.

It would also be very much appreciated if you would give our group a brief overview or advice on how to set things like this in motion for others who might wish to take legal action against other entities.

Hell, read a bunch of threads here. You might find you've hit the mother lode of lawsuit possibilities with all the labor law violations and other questionable things directed at the workers in this industry.

CIS

WageLawyer

Postby WageLawyer » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:30 pm

Cynical in Seattle wrote:To the attorney: we are extremely distrustful as a group, especially since there are many Ed Cutlers in this business. It would behoove you to list your website or other info here so people can establish your bona fides. ie; ensure that you're not Ed himself. He is nothing if not sneaky.

It would also be very much appreciated if you would give our group a brief overview or advice on how to set things like this in motion for others who might wish to take legal action against other entities.
CIS

I do understand the distrust. I did not include my web-site info because it was not my intention to spam the group or appear to be soliciting new business.

My full name is Howard J. Grooters.
My directory listing with the Oregon State Bar is here: http://www.osbar.org/members/display.as ... 70&s=1&aw=
My web-site is here: http://www.wage-claim.com/

FYI, there are basically three options for taking action against a company like this that owes you money for work you performed:

1) Hire a lawyer to assert the claim in court. Pros include fact that the lawyer does everything for you and knows what needs to be done, and fact that most wage claims include claims for reimbursement of attorney fees. Cons include the need to make a substantial investment in your case while taking on the risk of zero return if the claim proves to be uncollectible;

2) File the claim yourself in small claims court. Pros include the lower out-of-pocket costs and potentially quicker resolution. Cons include fact that, although the small claims court may give you a judgment, it will not help you actually collect the money, and you will not have a lawyer on-board to help.

3) File a complaint with the appropriate administrative agency. In Oregon, for example, the Bureau of Labor and Industries, while for interstate matters, the US Department of Labor. Pros include generally zero out-of-pocket cost to pursue the claim while getting the assistance of a government agency. Cons include loss of control over claim (agencies will often not pursue available penalties) and fact that most such agencies are not obligated to pursue every claim submitted to them, but have strict guidelines, outside of which they will reject your claim.

My two clients who performed services for PSI opted for #1 and hired me; on their behalf I obtained judgments in the Circuit Court of the State of Oregon in Lane County for their wages, a substantial penalty, and their attorney fees. You may be interested to know that Mr. Cutler and PSI, for their own reasons of which I am not privy, opted not to put up a defense (which also requires a financial investment into an attorney and court costs), and we obtained judgments against PSI as a matter of default for their failure to appear and defend in court.

Now we are in the process of collecting on those judgments. I imagine it will come as no surprise to you that PSI is not cooperating in this process. Hence our need to locate assets. I am particularly interested in identifying information in the three areas I mentioned above in my prior post. I would also be very interested in speaking with the woman who used to work for PSI.

By the way: When publicly discussing the Ed Cutlers of the world, you would be well advised to stick to the assertion of facts that cannot be disputed, and to stay away from innuendo, which can be difficult to back up with factual evidence. If it is your opinion that Mr. Cutler is so dishonest, unscrupulous, and untrustworthy that you would never ever do business with him - as is my own opinion of him - it is important to be clear that this is your "opinion" of him, not something you know to be true as some sort of authority on the subject, lest you be called upon to have to prove it as a fact. This is to protect yourselves from any retaliatory claims of slander. While I do hold that opinion of Mr. Cutler, I do not claim to be an authority on the matter, and others elsewhere may hold a different opinion of him. A statement like "I performed work for PSI for which they never paid me" is a statement of fact. A statement like "Ed is nothing if not sneaky" is bordering on innuendo and disparaging in nature, and while reasonable people will implicitly understand this statement is an opinion, it will protect you to be sure to state such a thing expressly as an opinion, as in "Ed, in my opinion, is nothing if not sneaky." This distinction may seem silly, but it is legally significant, and you want to be legally smarter than the Ed Cutlers of the world.

I would be happy to discuss PSI further with anyone who contacts me through my web-site, but as I said above, I am not posting this to solicit new clients, but to look for assets. Please keep in mind that I am licensed to practice law in Oregon and am not qualified to advise on the laws of other states. Also, I cannot give actual legal advice to anyone without knowing the full details of that person's particular situation, so nothing I've stated here, which is general in nature, should be taken as definitive legal advice. If you are located in another state, as many of you appear to be, and performed services for PSI in your own state, you would need to talk to a lawyer who practices in your state for advice concerning the work you performed there.

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:59 am

Thank you, wagelawyer. You have provided us with some valuable information. - Angel

Cynical in Seattle

Postby Cynical in Seattle » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:18 am

Mr. Grooters,
Thank you so much for what you've shared with us. I'm sure many of us will find this informative and useful and I think, at least in your case, examiners wouldn't mind in the least if you opened up a mall on the PEA :lol:

On a personal note, I think I'm generally perceived here as being passive and docile but on extremely rare occasions I will offer an opinion. ;f
So to cover my bum against charges of slander is the use of IMO, IMHO, and so on, adequate or do the words need to be fully written out?

Please keep in mind that I am licensed to practice law in Oregon and am not qualified to advise on the laws of other states.
I very clearly understand this statement and will respect that by asking only one more non-Oregonian question: I realize there are tremendous variations in regards to this, but what dollar amount would you give as a reasonable ballpark figure for anyone interested in hiring an attorney to take action of the type we're discussing here?

I ask because most of us are on food stamps or eating government cheese so budgeting for this would be a challenge. :e

The woman you are seeking is Tammy Pineda (she's been mentioned in other threads). She owns Labs Made Easy, LLC. Her website is http://labsmadeeasy.com/ and phone is 541-292-5199. I would think she'd be cooperative, particularly since her company seems to be benefitting from mention on this board.

I almost wish I had been personally screwed by PSI so I could be involved in the chase for justice and, hopefully, witness the public caning of someone who,
in my opinion, is an absolute dirtbag. The examiner version of a Sandusky.

One thing I can do is give you a link to a post in this thread by "Refused to pay" which might provide additional information. http://paramedicalexaminersanonymous.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32#p2547

and lastly, reiterate something I said previously"
I hope everyone who has something on PSI shares it with this attorney, even if you question the relevancy and usefulness of that information. Let him decide its' value.

CIS

Cynical in Seattle

Postby Cynical in Seattle » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:21 am

Hey, good morning Angel. I thought I was the only wack-job up at this hour then I remembered the time difference.

This is good stuff huh?

Lab Tech

Postby Lab Tech » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:39 pm

Dear Mr. Grooters and to All Else This Information Might benefit,

I worked as a phlebotomist for PSI, who contracted with The Victor Center for Jewish Genetic Diseases to collect, process, and ship out blood for genetic counseling, on March 26, 2012 at the Palazzo in Las Vegas, Nevada during TribeFest 2012, a large Annual Jewish Conference provided by the Jewish Ferderation of North America. The Victor Center for Jewish Genetic Diseases, http://www.victorcenters.org, contracts with PSI for this annual event, as well as many their other blood drawing events. Adele Schneider, MD, FACMG, Director, Clinical Genetics,Medical Director, Victor Center for Jewish Genetic Diseases, Einstein Medical Center, 215-456-8722, scheida@einstein.edu, directed Ed, his staff, and the event.

Ed Cutler contacted many phlebotomists for this event last minute because someone contacted The State of Nevada Bureau of Health Care Quality and Compliance, Medical Laboratory Services, Vickie Estes, Program Manager,775-684-1060, vestes@health.nv.gov. This person notified Vickie Estes about PSI's involvement in this event, and she contacted Mr. Culter to inquire as to why he did not apply for a lab permit to conduct this service. The event almost had to be cancelled. In order for Mr. Cutler to qualify for ther permit, he had to shell out big bucks, and "hire" many additional medical personnel, most of which never got paid.

*****FYI, Spread the News and contact ALL State Laboratory Bureau's of EVERY PSI blood collection event or ANYTHING involving lab testing prior to the event to inquire whether or not PSI aplied for a temporary lab permit. This will REALLY make an impact on how he conducts business!

I hope this information will help!

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:14 pm

Update: Ed Cutler contacted me through Linked In asking me to do a collection for him. When I told him I was very aware of his/PSI's reputation and refused, he came back with:

'I'd like the opportunity to speak with you and clear up the issues. I've been in business for 20 years and in no way can we continue to do business by cheating people. I did have the wrong people on our staff cause many issues and I take full responsibility for not managing them and watching them the way I should've. I put the trust in the wrong hands. I understand how it is in the field. We have worked through the issues we had in the past and have mended the broken bridges. That is why I am reaching out to you further. Please allow me to explain and further a positive working relationship.'

I told him to go ahead and explain but never got a response.

I'm posting this to show people how smooth a talker he is and how reasonable he can sound...

just before the screws are put to you.

I also saw, in another post, that they now go by Mobile Phlebotomy something or other.

Eternal vigilance!

JaxMom

Postby JaxMom » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:56 am

Thank you one and all! I am so deeply appreciative for the warnings ;j

I was contacted by Ed Cutler on LinkedIn and they tried to rope me in by telling me I would be working on the new HGH testing with the NFL. A friend actually works on this contract with another company! I decided to do more research and here we are. You guys and other website postings saved me from a huge headache.

Had that nagging feeling that I needed to look around. You guys are great. Thank you.

Harder to be slimy in the internet age!

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:55 pm

Guest wrote:I have work for Phlebotomy Services Intl for the past 10 summers and haven't had a problem. They are great to work for and their events are fun. I would beware of internet bashers it seems to be the same few people all over the internet saying the same thing over and over. With our current economy I wouldn’t want anyone to miss work they need because of these people.

Oh this is hysterical. Trying to save face!!! Why wouldn't you want anyone to miss any work? More for you idiot!!!
Why would all these examiners come forward with these tales of horror if it weren't true?

I say take their exams! Take them and bill them thru another company !!!!!

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:04 pm

The woman you are seeking is Tammy Pineda (she's been mentioned in other threads). She owns Labs Made Easy, LLC. Her website is http://labsmadeeasy.com/ and phone is 541-292-5199. I would think she'd be cooperative, particularly since her company seems to be benefitting from mention on this board.

I just saw this. I know Tammy, I love Tammy, and Labsmadeeasy.com they pay really well !!!
BUT, I just had a call from Sara at Labs made easy, and she said Tammy is gone now, she will be taking her place, and Im her contact now..
Tammy used to put my checks in the mail the same day I sent her completed paperwork.
Its now been 2 weeks since I have done the last collection, and guess what, no check, I just called Sara, and inquired, I was told they are "working on it".

I will keep this board informed of the pay status. I'm upset that Tammy is gone. She is super nice, super organized, and really good with the supplies and little post-its on the PPW and kits that are very helpful. I wish her well.

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:23 am

where'd tammy go?

misty4u

Postby misty4u » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:33 pm

Ed Cutler will cheat you out of your money every chance he gets. I worked for him at one time and 4 out of 5 paychecks bounced claiming he didn't have any money yet, but was out spending hundreds of dollars at Costco, the grocery store, buying clothes for his now 7 kids, etc. He had a great staff that worked very hard for him and all he did was lie and cheat them along with the phlebotomist he hired around the country. I read online last week that the business license for PSI was suspended for administrative reasons which means he still isn't paying his taxes. This man seems to think he is beyond the rules and unfortunatly so far he has gotten away with his cheating everyone included the IRS. When the IRS comes calling he just changes bank accounts and opens a new account, at a differnet bank in his wifes name. I think one of the lowest things he has ever done was use this eldest son on accounts so that he could continue is scam. This man needs to be put behind bars for all the money he has swindled everyone out of for years. Where is the law and the IRS in all this. How is he able to stay in busniess this long..................I just don't get it.

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:02 pm

Just wanting to keep this current. If there is even a doubt they won't pay- don't take the order.
Keep the name out there so does not happen to others.

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:57 pm

You want to keep this post going, looks like you don't have anything better to do. If anyone has issues or questions regarding these posts from 2011 when PSI had issues and has worked through them and made sure that all the phlebotomists got paid. Contact them directly 541-664-4382 These are Old Issues, you cant keep going in business without paying the Phlebotomists, be real people. The phlebotomists are the most important in the field. If you want to take these posts as truth, then so be it. Granted PSI had issues with payments in 2010 and 2011 and it has taken a while to regain their confidence in the field. You don't know Ed Cutler and the dedicated staff at PSI if you are believing these posts. Find out for yourself, contact anyone there and see, contact other phlebotomists who work for them on a regular basis and see what they say. Ask for a prepayment if that is what you want. Basically I am telling you to Go to the source and find out for yourself. If you want to believe these posts and not find out for yourself, then its your loss.

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:59 pm

No doubt Ed was able to talk a good game then so why wouldn't he be able to now? I agree with the one above you; keep it alive. And maybe the next one who thinks Ed's plan was a good one will think twice after seeing how long he spends in the bowels of hell.

Talk's cheap. You want to take a chance? Take his advice and get pre-paid EACH AND EVERY TIME.

Oh, by the way, this is coming from someone PSI didn't cheat. I was smart enough to listen to those who went before me.

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:56 pm

You can Judge all you want but Truth will set you free. Call PSI

Fools give full vent to their rage, but the wise bring calm in the end. Proverbs 29:11

Do you see someone who speaks in haste? There is more hope for a fool than for them. Proverbs 29:20

An angry person stirs up conflict, and a hot-tempered person commits many sins. Pride brings a person low, but the lowly in spirit gain honor. Proverbs 29:22-23

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:32 pm

uh-oh Ed found God :roll:

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:27 pm

Old issues where examiners did not get paid- really never go away. They took the time to report and we took the time to read. You lost your credibility to the ones that read here. Hopefully those spread the word 10X10 to others. Welcome to social media!

Spouting scriptures does not prove anything- even the devil can do that!
God does still love sinners though- Ask him to show you the way- if there is one- to ever get these on this blog to believe anything you say again! :lol:

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:32 am

You can get pre payment?! Awesome! I'm in! When I look into the mirror. I am the best in the land!

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:57 pm

uh-oh Ed found God

That made me laugh! Thanks to this poster!

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:27 pm

Silence...ED or silence PSI?
You don't have to answer at all - social media will take it from here.

Another 1 stiffed

Postby Another 1 stiffed » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:16 am

Yet another victim of Phlebotomy Services International...... I have performed over a dozen draws for this company and received a check for about 1/4 of my billed services. Same story as all the rest.... numerous emails, phone calls, voicemails, and promises of "the check is in the mail" or "We will need to check on that" or just no responses. I wish I had checked on this company a little closer. I had no idea that they have stiffed so many people. How can you sleep at night knowing you have lied and cheated hard working people out of their money? How can the office people work for a company that constantly lies and cheats contracted employees?? If I worked in their offices, I wouldn't for long... I would run as fast as I could to the bank to make sure check cashed and never come back.

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:51 am

This topic started in 2010 and they're still up to these shenanigans?

I'm curious as to why you didn't know about them. Have you not been to the PEA before now?

PS - contacting the original group is a great idea (as others have done) but I wouldn't wait until eventually, I'd do it yesterday. You might also want to read ALL the comments in this topic.

Frankly I can't believe they're still in business under that name. I thought they dissolved it and created a new company name so Ed Cutler (AKA the thief) could continue cheating examiners.

QLF

Postby QLF » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:16 pm

I was requested to draw 3 patients. I took the job even though I thought it was quite a distance because I was informed that I was going to be reimbursed 45 cent per mile . I was also informed that I would be reimbursed for the dry ice I had to purchase to send the specimens. I have tried contacting them in many ways with no response. This is so unprofessional. I drove a total of 11hours in two day and purchased dry ice, it has been almost a month with no payment and no response. Please be cautious.

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:47 am

its not unprofessional, theyre thieves, its what they do

why aren't people understanding this?

Patient

Postby Patient » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:43 pm

I have dealt with this company as a patient and they are totally unprofessional and a big joke. I can't believe any reputable firm would contract with them. They lack technical expertise, organization and customer service. STAY AWAY!

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:38 am

There are 108 posts about this company counting this post.

Can someone please explain why PSI is STILL able to get over on examiners?

I was online last week looking for a part for a tool. It was a part that was absolutely crucial to being able to use the tool. Without it the tool was nothing more than a pile of metal. AND NOBODY HAD IT!!!

I eventually found one place that had it but I also stumbled on a bunch of comments about the company.
Comments similar to these about PSI and Ed Cutler; lying, cheating, ripping people off, not answering phones or emails, etc.

I didn't order it from that company. I didn't call to confirm they had it in stock. I kept searching.

Are examiners that stupid?

Are they that desperate?

Or do they care that little about getting paid that they're willing to risk it?

I don't understand how PSI is still functioning.

Been there done that

Postby Been there done that » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:12 pm

Been there done this with this company and i assure you all, that everyone of these stories is true. The reason it's still an active story is because none of us that have been through this personal nightmare of not getting paid by Ed Cutler want anyone else to go through this. I trusted him and let him tell me how I was one his most valued phlebotomist and the best his company had, yet I NEVER got paid when i was supposed to. Just beware, and listen to the 7 years of true stories before you too end up not getting paid.

Wendiround

Postby Wendiround » Thu May 04, 2017 4:07 pm

Just spoke to Carmel at phlebotomy devices international. At least she answers the phone. So I told her I needed to hear back from Ed cutler by 5 today!!! Any bets!!!looking forward to the next plan of action. Hmmmm....wonder where this good Christian man hoes to church.... Any guesses?

MPH

Postby MPH » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:39 pm

Reading the comments since 2011- I am not sure why anyone thinks this company has made many changes in the way they pay their contract employees.

I have been working with them Since 2013, I also had a difficult time contacting them and recieiving pay. I spoke with Carmel, who always scheduled me and I have spoke with Mr. Cutler himself who asked me to come on board as a provider.
I completed 4 phlebotomys in 2016 , all with in 4 weeks. I waited for a few weeks after all paper work was sent for payments. It is now JULY 17,2017. I have not received a payment for any of the 2016 completed exams. I even refered other examiners to this company , without pay.

I have called Andrew Cutler, yes this is family. He stated there is a new system and Carmel was unable to get my paperwork in on time. He stated I would get an email with a link for a new payroll account, 8/2016. I waited...caled 10/,2016, 12/2016. Spoke with Andrew each time, now it is July I recieved someone else named Kevin, who asked if I know all the problems PSI has had. I said as in paying the providers, yes. He stated that they have legal issues with a former employee,starting another phlebotomy company.
He stated he would talk to ED today 7/14, and get back to me. I have not heard a word from anyone , no emails, no phone calls, no letters, nothing.
I will not do business with them, I have reported them to BBB, and now I am taking them to small claims. I honeslty will be flooding them with emails daily.
NEW CONTACT Maria@phlebotomyservices.com
They have a new APP : Your health PRO

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:29 am

I have done work for them in the past. After having to threaten them for payment, I will only ever do draws for them when they pay me first. This has worked well. Just a suggestion if you want to continue to do work for them.

ttwnldy

Postby ttwnldy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:07 pm

Well, it seems Ed is still alive and well. Depite all the feed back from this site.

TexasPhleb

Postby TexasPhleb » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:45 pm

They are now operating another company called "Your Healh Co" (http://www.yourhealthco.net). The company is owned by the wife, Kristen Cutler.

okldy

Postby okldy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:29 am

Thank you for keeping us informed. How many company names has this guy had? Seems like he sends work to the uninformed and they go do it and then don't get paid. When he gets busted he closes up shop and moves on. Then starts another company using a different name and repeats again. How does he keep getting away with it? Yes, the constant flow of the newbies but I am just guessing. This is a business that people like this can easily take advantage of the new hires.

Return to “Discussion Topics”