Calling ALL examiners....

An "ANYTHING GOES" forum for discussing the interests, issues and concerns of the paramedical examiner community. Sharing ideas, knowledge, experiences and opinions is strongly encouraged.

However, we do ask that all participants respect the rights of others to communicate in whatever manner they wish, positive or negative, and TRY to behave respectfully toward one another when conflicts in views or opinions arise.

Our goal is to create an environment where examiners can speak openly and honestly without the restrictions of forced diplomacy or the constraints of having to observe over-bearing rules of political correctness.
jeannie

Calling ALL examiners....

Postby jeannie » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:42 pm

Many examiners get a charge back if the Insurance Company does not pay up. (Fortunately for me, my PC pays me for services rendered, period). But many do not. If the IC doesn't pay, then some PC's won't pay. And that leaves us where ??

Pissed, that's where.

I have a plan that will require everyone here and those you can recruit. This will be a negative campaign on AccuQuote and Prudential. We must change this policy of "well, the insurance policy fell through so we are not going to pay" crap. AND NOW.

Story that started this for me:
Went to do an exam, applicant had not yet received his packet. He called up the agent: THERESA WILSON at AccuQuote (or whoever answered her phone), who said the packet would be sent asap and TO DO THE EXAM.
Exam completed. Services rendered.

Got notice that the Insurance Company did not pay because I had failed to pick up the packet.
(Even though they said to do the exam, and I wrote that on my order ticket).

Not acceptable.

We need to hit all available avenues stating our disgust with this policy. We need to collectively make a statement: Change your policy or 1)negative publicity every month on message boards keeping them active, and 2)examiners will stand together and refuse to do AccuQuote exams.

Since the Insurance Company is Prudential and they are the ones who refused to pay, we will make our feelings known to them as well.

Plan: to be implemented by ALL examiners and concerned citizens. ASAP.

1) Written: Everyone copy/modify letter and send it out.

AccuQuote representative,

We must address a disturbing issue in regard to the Exam process of life insurance. It has come to our attention that some Insurance companies are not paying for services rendered - Insurance companies who use you as the broker. Specifically, Prudential Sel BRKG.

Actual case: You ordered an exam/service. Work order went out to an examiner. Before the exam took place, the client called AccuQuote stating no application packet was yet received. The AccuQuote representative who was called at 800-442-9899 (agent listed was Theresa Wilson) stated: do the exam as scheduled and a packet would be shipped immediately.

Two months later we are informed that the insurance company, Prudential, did not pay for services rendered because no packet was picked up. When the insurance company does not pay, many of the paramedical companies do not pay. This leaves examiners who have done an exam for literally nothing.

Before you state that we should be contacting the insurance companies, we are. We are also contacting you because you are involved in this and can help make a difference. AND, ultimately, you ordered the service.

Examiners, collectively, will be contacting you asking for this policy to change. We will also be contacting the BBB, message and complaint boards. It is felt that if AccuQuote holds no responsibity whatsoever in seeing that payment is made, but is using mass marketing techniqes to increase volume, then there is a large potential for abuse and lack of ethical business practices in this matter.

Your feedback will be greatly appreicatied. Unfortunately many examiners are talking about refusing AccuQuote orders. This is not productive for anyone. Honestly, we are close to refusing to do the packets (not our expertise), which are really the agents responsibility. We love our jobs and wish to continue in this business - the paramedical exams part of the business, but some changes are needed.

Hopefully, with your help, we can resolve this issue quickly and painlessly.

Thank-you,
Examiner in New Mexico

(I will put my name on mine, because I would like a written response back, but you don't have to. Just list your state so they know we are everywhere)

Send copies to:
AccuQuote Main Office
1400 South Wolf Rd.
Bldg 500
Wheeling, IL. 60090-6588

and

AccuQuote
Colorado Branch Office
25188 Genesee Trail Rd
Suite 110
Golden, CO. 80401

2) Fax - In case they filed our letter in the round file, fax it too:

AccuQuote Main Office: 847-850-2800

3) Go to their website and complain online - make a short statement like (or use this one):

You need to contact your insurance companys. Make sure they understand that non-payment for insurance exams is unacceptable. This will begin to affect your business. While many will state, but the examiner missed part of the service, the big picture is that examiners will stop doing AccuQuote exams. Example: not picking up a packet results in non-payment. Packets are the agents responsibility, not the paramedical examiners. Please change this policy, since it is YOU who are ordering the exams. Your help is appreciated.

http://www.accuquote.com/accuquote/cont ... uquote.cfm

((( please please please, don't be afraid to leave your email address. I am interested in how many of us get a response. I'm sure we will, and I hope they know their words will also be posted on message boards - the good and bad))).

4)

Contact the BBB about AccuQuotes practice involving ordering services for which some go unpaid. Put any experience you have had here. Also, be sure to state that while AccuQuote orders the services, it is the individual insurance companys who pay. I feel this leaves a wide open opportunity for mass marketing on behalf of AccuQuote with no consequences.

http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-rev ... l-84001941

5) Make complaint boards active. People looking up AccuQuote google, and google has boards :P

http://simpledebtfreefinance.com/review ... accuqoute/
place to state how those doing the paramedical exams do not get paid is the policy falls through. That AccuQuote does not hold the insurance companys to acceptable ethical standards in regard to payments for insurance exams.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complain ... 57827.html
This site actually has a AccuQuote relations manager that posted (long time ago) how good they are... we can make this site active again. Ask why they order services and have no policys to ensure payment to the paramedical companys from the insurance companys.

Now, on to Prudential (because of my personal experience)(we'll do yours when you post the problem - we will eventually contact each and every one of them).
ugh, too tired -- will tackle this one later, lol.

Well, are we gonna do this or what?
opps, family is wandering in... gotta do dinner. i'll be hitting the complaint/messages boards after exams tomorrow.
Jeannie Hanawalt
New Mexico

Re: Calling ALL examiners....

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:45 pm

Honestly, we are close to refusing to do the packets (not our expertise),

I have refused all packet work for some time nowall in email form if they want to talk about why I keep sending packet work back I want it documented, That I need more money or I will not be doing packets. I love my job but not enough to do it for FREE! I took a chance by doing this but it is with a company that I was not getting many exams from anyway, have not had any problems refusing yet.

Many examiners get a charge back if the Insurance Company does not pay up.

I have yet to have this happen but if it is, we do need to come together!

Thank you so much for taking the time and making this so easy, you have my word I will copy and paste and then print and send off, it does not get much easier then this and it's the least I can do for my fellow examiners who are getting screwed. Examiner from MO.

queenb1969

Postby queenb1969 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:33 pm

Amen, well said, will be done and faxed in the morning

Another examiner from MO

jeannie

Postby jeannie » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:22 am

I should state that when you are are direct examiner and the insurance company does not pay - the direct examiner will get a charge back from their billing company. This is wrong. Honestly, I don't think this happens that much, but with the mass marketing of AccuQuote now producing a large amount of volume, the potential for this problem will increase for PC's and us, the contractors.

I have done my homework on becoming a direct --- before I jump in, I want to know how/what to do be successfull.
One thing I have on my website (still pending, as I'm still working on it) is this:

At the bottom of the "order exam online" is the following:
*NOTE: By submitting this exam request, the Agent agrees that in the case that the agent does not turn the application into the Insurance Company in a timely manner, and the Insurance Company denies payment, that payment shall be made by the Agent.

Also note: I have posted comments on the complaint boards I listed, so the link is now different - you might have to look to find my posts. I did have trouble with posting at the BBB - but since I do have a personal experience with the "packet problem" I will be posting a complaint for mediation. You may not have a case to this, but man, wouldn't be great if they had multiple complaints for mediation? lol

Thanks again

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:16 pm

mailed generic letter to both offices :mrgreen:

I am very reluctant to complain to BBB or AccuQuote site as both would like my email address and as sad as it is I would like to stay anonymous did include my state when mailing letters.

c-mon fellow examiners get this done!

jeannie

Postby jeannie » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:00 pm

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complain ... 91641.html

i googled my "accuquote complaint" --- on the first page! lets keep it there.
talked about insurance packets
go the the link and add your thoughts on examiners collecting others' financial information

jeannie

Postby jeannie » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:12 pm

REVISION:
another member has, thankfully, edited my letter to accuquote. if you haven't already sent yours in, use this one! thanks BP for the edit!

I'm writing to address a disturbing issue in regard to the paramedical exam process for life insurance applications. It has come to our attention that some insurance companies are not paying for services rendered - insurance companies who use AccuQuote as their broker. Specifically, Prudential Select Brokerage.

Actual case: AccuQuote ordered an exam (requested an examiner to provide paramedical services). Work order went out to an examiner. Before the exam took place, the client called AccuQuote stating no application packet was yet received. The AccuQuote representative who was called at 800-442-9899 (agent listed was Theresa Wilson) stated: do the exam as scheduled and a packet would be shipped immediately.

Two months later the examiner was informed that the insurance company, Prudential, did not pay for services rendered because no packet was picked up. When the insurance company does not pay, many of the paramedical companies do not pay. This victimizes examiners. They not only have not been paid for their time and effort, they've incurred expenses in the course of providing that service.

Prudential is being contacted but you're being contacted as well because AccuQuote is involved by virtue of the fact that yours was the company placing the order (as Prudential's representative) and you can help make a difference.

Examiners, collectively, will be contacting you asking for your involvement in changing this practice. We will also be contacting the BBB, message and complaint boards, if necessary. As the representative for many insurance companies AccuQuote shares responsibility in seeing that ethical business practices are followed.

Unfortunately there has been much discussion amongst examiners about refusing AccuQuote orders because of these packet account issues, not the least of which is the question of the legalities involved in having unlicensed/unqualified examiners taking on the responsibilities of agents. This is not productive for anyone and the potential risks are high for all concerned. Your attention to this matter and feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you,
Examiner in New Mexico

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:54 pm

At the bottom of the "order exam online" is the following:
*NOTE: By submitting this exam request, the Agent agrees that in the case that the agent does not turn the application into the Insurance Company in a timely manner, and the Insurance Company denies payment, that payment shall be made by the Agent.
I would advise against putting that on your website or even mentioning it to agents (except maybe in a personal conversation with a problem agent) unless you don't want their business.

It will likely keep them from using you.

Just a friendly FYI

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:21 pm

jeannie wrote:I would advise against putting that on your website or even mentioning it to agents (except maybe in a personal conversation with a problem agent) unless you don't want their business.

after careful thought and talking with some agents, suprisingly, they were not offended by it.
besides, i am going to have a "select" agent base - those who know my work and are willing to accept those terms. the site is not open to take exams orders from just anyone - members only.

funny... we always talk about not wanting to piss off the PC's, might lose work and all... and here i am going direct and SELECTING agents that I'LL do business with! complete opposite mind-set now.

jeannie

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:34 pm

I would advise against putting that on your website or even mentioning it to agents (except maybe in a personal conversation with a problem agent) unless you don't want their business.

What would happen if all examiners stuck to these same rules joined together I guess the agents wouldn't have anyone to do their exams :lol:

Cynical in Seattle

Postby Cynical in Seattle » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:38 am

Jeannie, I have to tell you, I'm impressed.

There have been many complaints about various things in this business but this is one of the very few that didn't end with a vague "we should do something about this".

I love the way you laid out the steps. Provided names, addresses, phone numbers, links, etc. In essence, did the research and formulated a plan making it very easy for others to get involved and... TOOK ACTION

Honestly I don't give a shit if the PCs get paid (that's their battle with the ICs) but I do have a problem with them passing their problem onto examiners.

You can also count on my support.

CIS

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:29 pm

I am a little disappointed about the lack of replies on the complaint board, it only takes two seconds to sign up and they keep your info private, yet we have 4 responses really?? c-mon guys :cry:

jeannie

Postby jeannie » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:34 pm

Cynical in Seattle wrote:There have been many complaints about various things in this business but this is one of the very few that didn't end with a vague "we should do something about this".
I love the way you laid out the steps. Provided names, addresses, phone numbers, links, etc. In essence, did the research and formulated a plan making it very easy for others to get involved and... TOOK ACTION

Guest wrote:I am a little disappointed about the lack of replies on the complaint board, it only takes two seconds to sign up and they keep your info private, yet we have 4 responses really?? c-mon guys
:cry:

well, gotta say thank you for those who had my back.
for those who sat back, well... nothing is going to change without some risk.
i'm nearly off the front post page... really?
was i too aggressive?
cuz, i want to know --- why???
i put my name up for ya'll, literally. you could be at least anonymous for me.
i mean, i put in my letter to accuquote that numberous examiners were dissatisfied --- and what? that numberous number is less that 5? ... they think i'm a f'n' joke. am i? do you think that too?

i do understand the worry of losing cases from the PCs. ok.
i also understand self-employment --- i WILL make a healthy living doing paramedical exams. will you? or are you satisfied with min. wage? are you willing to accept the status quo?

i found this site 20 years too late, but in those 20 years i have learned goobies of knowledge. i think coming together will strengthen the examiner. do you?
tell me i'm on the right track --- or, i'm done here.
i'm thankful for NASCPE for backing my profession with a certifcation.
i'm thankful for those who stepped up. (and especially thankful for the advice i received from another member here earlier)
for the rest of you... well, if you accept what you are given, then you will get what you are given.

i wish everyone the best.
thanks for listening, and for those who took action: A SPECIAL THANK YOU.
jeannie
new mexico

Bree

Postby Bree » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:35 pm

jeannie wrote:Many examiners get a charge back if the Insurance Company does not pay up. (Fortunately for me, my PC pays me for services rendered, period). But many do not. If the IC doesn't pay, then some PC's won't pay. And that leaves us where ??

Pissed, that's where.

I have a plan that will require everyone here and those you can recruit. This will be a negative campaign on AccuQuote and Prudential. We must change this policy of "well, the insurance policy fell through so we are not going to pay" crap. AND NOW.

Story that started this for me:
Went to do an exam, applicant had not yet received his packet. He called up the agent: THERESA WILSON at AccuQuote (or whoever answered her phone), who said the packet would be sent asap and TO DO THE EXAM.
Exam completed. Services rendered.

Got notice that the Insurance Company did not pay because I had failed to pick up the packet.
(Even though they said to do the exam, and I wrote that on my order ticket).

Not acceptable.

We need to hit all available avenues stating our disgust with this policy. We need to collectively make a statement: Change your policy or 1)negative publicity every month on message boards keeping them active, and 2)examiners will stand together and refuse to do AccuQuote exams.

Since the Insurance Company is Prudential and they are the ones who refused to pay, we will make our feelings known to them as well.

Plan: to be implemented by ALL examiners and concerned citizens. ASAP.

We must address a disturbing issue in regard to the Exam process of life insurance. It has come to our attention that some Insurance companies are not paying for services rendered - Insurance companies who use you as the broker. Specifically, Prudential Sel BRKG.

Actual case: You ordered an exam/service. Work order went out to an examiner. Before the exam took place, the client called AccuQuote stating no application packet was yet received. The AccuQuote representative who was called at 800-442-9899 (agent listed was Theresa Wilson) stated: do the exam as scheduled and a packet would be shipped immediately.

Two months later we are informed that the insurance company, Prudential, did not pay for services rendered because no packet was picked up. When the insurance company does not pay, many of the paramedical companies do not pay. This leaves examiners who have done an exam for literally nothing.

Before you state that we should be contacting the insurance companies, we are. We are also contacting you because you are involved in this and can help make a difference. AND, ultimately, you ordered the service.

Examiners, collectively, will be contacting you asking for this policy to change. We will also be contacting the BBB, message and complaint boards. It is felt that if AccuQuote holds no responsibity whatsoever in seeing that payment is made, but is using mass marketing techniqes to increase volume, then there is a large potential for abuse and lack of ethical business practices in this matter.

Your feedback will be greatly appreicatied. Unfortunately many examiners are talking about refusing AccuQuote orders. This is not productive for anyone. Honestly, we are close to refusing to do the packets (not our expertise), which are really the agents responsibility. We love our jobs and wish to continue in this business - the paramedical exams part of the business, but some changes are needed.

Thank-you,
Examiner in New Mexico

(I will put my name on mine, because I would like a written response back, but you don't have to. Just list your state so they know we are everywhere)

Send copies to:
AccuQuote Main Office
1400 South Wolf Rd.
Bldg 500
Wheeling, IL. 60090-6588

and

AccuQuote
Colorado Branch Office
25188 Genesee Trail Rd
Suite 110
Golden, CO. 80401

2) Fax - In case they filed our letter in the round file, fax it too:

AccuQuote Main Office: 847-850-2800

3) Go to their website and complain online - make a short statement like (or use this one):

You need to contact your insurance companys. Make sure they understand that non-payment for insurance exams is unacceptable. This will begin to affect your business. While many will state, but the examiner missed part of the service, the big picture is that examiners will stop doing AccuQuote exams. Example: not picking up a packet results in non-payment. Packets are the agents responsibility, not the paramedical examiners. Please change this policy, since it is YOU who are ordering the exams. Your help is appreciated.

http://www.accuquote.com/accuquote/cont ... uquote.cfm

((( please please please, don't be afraid to leave your email address. I am interested in how many of us get a response. I'm sure we will, and I hope they know their words will also be posted on message boards - the good and bad))).

4)

Contact the BBB about AccuQuotes practice involving ordering services for which some go unpaid. Put any experience you have had here. Also, be sure to state that while AccuQuote orders the services, it is the individual insurance companys who pay. I feel this leaves a wide open opportunity for mass marketing on behalf of AccuQuote with no consequences.

http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-rev ... l-84001941

5) Make complaint boards active. People looking up AccuQuote google, and google has boards :P

http://simpledebtfreefinance.com/review ... accuqoute/
place to state how those doing the paramedical exams do not get paid is the policy falls through. That AccuQuote does not hold the insurance companys to acceptable ethical standards in regard to payments for insurance exams.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complain ... 57827.html
This site actually has a AccuQuote relations manager that posted (long time ago) how good they are... we can make this site active again. Ask why they order services and have no policys to ensure payment to the paramedical companys from the insurance companys.

Now, on to Prudential (because of my personal experience)(we'll do yours when you post the problem - we will eventually contact each and every one of them).
ugh, too tired -- will tackle this one later, lol.

Well, are we gonna do this or what?
opps, family is wandering in... gotta do dinner. i'll be hitting the complaint/messages boards after exams tomorrow.
Jeannie Hanawalt
New Mexico

Good information, thanks
Memorize the Order of Draw for blood tubes
http://hubpages.com/hub/Orderofdrawbloodtubes

Cynical in Seattle

Postby Cynical in Seattle » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:50 pm

Sorry Jeannie but you've had your first taste of what is typical of examiners; most are pussies. I apologize to everyone for using that word but "wimps" doesn't adequately describe it.

I've been railing against this forever, to no avail. Well... not entirely true, more and more have been willing to step up and take action but the majority still want to piss and moan and nothing more. I have zero empathy for those people. They're getting what they deserve. The problem is their unwillingness to act has repercussions for all.

I understand your frustration and there's not a damn thing wrong with you. I'm just glad there's another examiner we can add to the list of those who hold feet to the fire.

jeannie

Postby jeannie » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:34 pm

hummm...
i woke up this morning thinkin i was too harsh. so thanks for the support.
i'm still having my errrr moments with the turnout, but hey, i'll keep that fire hot hot hot ;)
an update:
i haven't heard back. i plan to follow up - ask if they have begun discussions in regard to the issue. will let you know. hopefully somebody said "what??, the insurance company denies payment for missing packets... let's look into that... "
i'm not all together sure they even knew, or thought to even ask.... :roll:

jeannie

Postby jeannie » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:42 pm

UPDATE:
well, the accuquote letter hit a very VERY sensitive nerve.
they state they have received two letters, one of which was mine - and i included my contact information.
now, i don't mind being the poster child for "heads will roll", but more support might have backed up the claim that packets are NOT the examiners responibility.
i wish we had stood together on this, but as only a few complaints were lodged:
this is what i have so far. and ironically, they want no paper trail, so all is being done via phone calls.
1) accuquote went to emsi. emsi not happy. i no longer will receive accuqote cases (what a shame). but will receive all the others - go figure that logic.
2) they want a written apology ('somewhat apology' was the wording i recall).
i said "no"
reply: well, thats how they do business
me: well, this is how i do business (packets are the agents job)
reply: i know, and i see your point. okay.
3) a lady from accuquote with, apparently, very long arms has my name (LOL). she has the power to black-ball me (gosh).

accuquote is going to "phone recognition" for the signatures on future packets. i was told to lay low (not gonna happen i said).
so the good news: packets should be waning in the coming year. the bad news: really? don't know.

hopefully i will get a more personal response from accuquote. i was told i would.
think about this, now really --- WHY would this lil letter shake things up so much? were we right? that the packets have client information that we should NOT be privy to? it's not just about having examiners doing them for no money, there is the other issue of us having to do tasks that we were not trained to do, and the legal ramifications of that.

so, i can't do accuqote cases anymore --- hummmm, thinking of contacting intelliquote, selectquote...... ;)
i'm at a point, personally, where i can get another job. so i understand not wanting to shake things up, but fellow examiners -- if something is not right, do something.

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:33 pm

Amen to the above :mrgreen:

Jeannie, I am not so sure all examiners have had as many packet cases being assigned, wait until a good # of us say NO, and then I gurantee the examiners picking up the slack will stand up, I know they WILL have a loss come tax time especially if they are not getting paid anymore from the PC's, then an audit yes the IRS is more likley to audit you if you are taking a loss on your business no thank you.

Its just not good business.

they want a written apology ('somewhat apology' was the wording i recall).

For what?

Also I sent the pre printed note but did not sign my info ;) IT WAS THE LEAST I COULD DO :mrgreen: lady79

I am not so sure we are the only ones complaining, but it sounds like they want us to think that!

I love my job BUT I HAVE DECIDED I WILL NOT DO IT FOR FREE! Hope other examiners start thinking this way also.

jeannie

Postby jeannie » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:01 pm

i don't know why they wanted an apology... maybe cuz i rocked the boat, i mean this system was working fine for them.
all i did was ask for some help from accuquote, get them to look at this issue. how dare i.

Guest wrote:wait until a good # of us say NO, and then I gurantee the examiners picking up the slack will stand up,

seems once the cows are out, its alot more difficult to herd those rascals back in. but i'm trying :lol:

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:23 pm

who asked for an apology? i missed that

here's my public apology "suck my #$%^"

burnt

Postby burnt » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:50 pm

i agree this is completely insane.

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:54 pm

UPDATE
i know some do not care what happens to the PCs... but my update is this:
policy change!!! --- XXXX (one of the big 4) will cover the "IC non-payment" to the PCs. this means that for those examiners with charge backs because of the packet bullshit should not suffer those charge backs anymore.

was asked to lay low. said no, but this may severely damage my 20 year relationship (AND friendship) with the one who holds the XXXX contact. this XXXX woman with the contract has been threatened by the XXXX corporation because of me.

so folks, my lesson learned is this: we, examiners, are NOT the ONLY ones held hostage. i am still doing doing business with my local PC, but they are having trouble because of my relationship (friendship) with them -- and the fact that they refused to let me "go". this PC is sticking up for us!
yes, so far few and inbetween.... but here is ONE PC who gets what i'm doing.

haven't heard from accuquote directly yet. get the feeling that they just want this to die.
there is a conference (i googled EMSI and ACCUQUOTE):
http://enews.insurance-mail.net/article ... ssreleases
opps...
WOW... just tried the link ... got an error.
anyhoo, this conference was an XXXX conference with a representative from accuquote speaking.
hummm... strange the link is canceled. guess they didn't need that "press release" anymore....

further research:
http://insurancenewsnet.com/print.aspx? ... =newswires
note: words in this color have been highlighted by me

[[[[[ The Life Insurance Direct Marketing Association (LIDMA) has released a list of featured speakers and agenda items for its upcoming LIDMA Fall Meeting & Showcase scheduled for September 25 - September 28, 2011 at the Four Seasons hotel in Austin, TX. The announcement was made by Pat Wedeking, President of LIDMA.

The LIDMA Fall Meeting & Showcase is the insurance industry’s top annual meeting for producers, direct marketers and agencies involved in direct response sales and processing. Theme of this year’s event is ”Wide Open Spaces!” and will feature speakers including:
• Gary Lardy, President/CEO, Intelliquote
• Butch Britton, President, ING U.S.Life Division
• Todd Silverhart, Ph.D, Corporate VP & Director, LIMRA
• James Sharkey, Senior VP/CMO, AAA Life
Byron Udell, CEO, AccuQuote• Anthony Vossenberg, Senior VP, Genworth Financial
• Rob Brook, Executive VP & CDO, EMSI
• Bill Atlee, Founder and CSO, iPipeline
• David Carpenter, Digital Strategist
• David Zach, Economic Futurist
• Curt Hagelman, Senior Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer, Hannover Life Re
• Joseph Sugarman, Chairman, JS&A Group, Inc.
• Cindy Gentry, Board Member, LIFE Foundation

“We have an extraordinary panel of speakers for this year’s event and a full agenda that is focused on topics that will allow attendees to identify opportunities and take advantage of new ways to grow their revenue and profitability,” says Wedeking. ]]]]]

that last "... take advantage .... grow... revenue... " should also speak to us, examiners. i see MORE work with no pay increase.
we see many VPs listed who need to understand that examiners DO play an integeral part in the life insurance process -- many of whom have no clue what we do. needing to understanding that ALL the players involved will make the team more efficient.
the bottom line, when you think about it, can boil down to the experience the client has with the person with the needle.......

still on the ball.... any suggestions?
j

if i could be in Austin, Tx for the conference -- i would!
they might try to dismiss me, but i'm pretty presistant, lol.
my voice (and yours) would be heard!
*i'm not always obnoxious, i can be diplomatic too* LOL
-----------anyone living there willing to go?-------------

butterfly51

Postby butterfly51 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:22 pm

I am behind you 100%. I hate packets. I told my PC that I no longer wanted packets. I was told that packets have to be done and if you don't want packets then you won't get any work. Guess what? my worked slacked for 2 weeks cause I kept refusing packets. Then the PC decided she needed ME, go figure, and started giving me work. It was a real hard 2 weeks but I am no longer getting packets and still working. It takes guts to stand up for what we want but Nothing is going to change if we don't.

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:48 pm

...my worked slacked for 2 weeks cause I kept refusing packets. Then the PC decided she needed ME, go figure, and started giving me work. It was a real hard 2 weeks but I am no longer getting packets and still working. It takes guts to stand up for what we want but Nothing is going to change if we don't.
I am behind you 100%. I hate packets. I told my PC that I no longer wanted packets. I was told that packets have to be done and if you don't want packets then you won't get any work. Guess what? my worked slacked for 2 weeks cause I kept refusing packets. Then the PC decided she needed ME, go figure, and started giving me work. It was a real hard 2 weeks but I am no longer getting packets and still working. It takes guts to stand up for what we want but Nothing is going to change if we don't.

Exactly!!
Examiners are too scared that they won't be able to work enough to pay the bills. Been there, done that too. Your example of taking a stand should be seen by all examiners! Whether it is asking for more pay, or refusing to do work for free -- people, stand up like butterfly51!!
Unfortunately, another examiner (who doesn't know any better) is getting all those packets now :? Hopefully, they will see the light soon :P

Cynical in Seattle

Postby Cynical in Seattle » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:04 pm

I commend Butterfly for standing up for herself. I hope you keep any documentation you have about this or other wrongful acts. What was done is illegal.

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:42 pm

Unfortunately, another examiner (who doesn't know any better) is getting all those packets now Hopefully, they will see the light soon
Those are the people we really need to reach. As long as the uninformed outnumber those in the know these problems will continue. The newbies need to be told about this board and NASCPE more than any other segment of our population. They're the pool the PCs draw from to keep stupid shit happening.

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:16 pm

Hello all,

I received a letter from AccuQuote, personally signed. The jist of the letter:
"... we understand your frustration..."
"... recognize the value examiners provide... agree that you should be compensated..."
"... billing and payment... between the carrier and vendor... appropriately addressed to exam company's main office."
"We would be happy to lobby on your behalf and do our best to influence the carrier's decision... Please call me directly... to talk about how we can help..."

I am sure they, as you, realize that the exam companys have been appropriately addressed. Only when I addressed them I got the "this is how it is now..." from the PCs.

The letter to AccuQuote, did have an effect. Taking action, no matter how small, does create a ripple effect making waves somewhere. This ripple changed policy. AND, lol, I no longer will be receiving EMSI cases (kept the email). But I figured that would happen and was prepared for it, hence my name on the AccuQuote letter.

I do plan on responding to the AccuQuote letter. So, the question I have for you examiners is this:
Any suggestions?
Obviously, they do not wish to be dragged into a "Big4" vs "examiner" battle. But they did ask how they can help, and I would like YOUR thoughts on this too.
Either way, I will be contacting them, if only to say thank you for taking the time to respond personally.

So, on another note: I am curious, does the replacement of a "whistle blower" (me) sound illegal to anyone? I mean really, since EMSI pulled another examiner to do my area and cut me off. Hummm...

Thanks for your input and support. Remember, the PCs do get compensation for packets -- you should too.

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:19 pm

So, on another note: I am curious, does the replacement of a "whistle blower" (me) sound illegal to anyone? I mean really, since EMSI pulled another examiner to do my area and cut me off. Hummm...

Had similar situation happen to me with E1, wonder how many examiners are stepping up asking for more money and getting the shaft? for not complying?

Whats to stop them from treating examiners this way? NOTHING NO ONE

Like I said before we are treated like employees, yet frequently reminded that we are just contracted when conversations of compensation come up:evil:

The examiners who are working for next to nothing don't even realize their losses it took me awhile.

Cynical in Seattle

Postby Cynical in Seattle » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:46 pm

Excerpts don't provide enough information to get cogent feedback. I think you need to show both letters in their entirety to get sound advice or suggestions. I know I need more to be able to speak to your whistleblower question.

CIS

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:30 pm

any update on this topic?

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:46 pm

If your office has gone "corporate" the way many EMSI offices are going right now (buying up franchise offices) them you recieved a notice from EMSI with a W4 stating that you were now a part-time employee. If that is the case, then you are protected under the federal "whistle blower" law.

If you are still a contractor, there is not much you can do, unless you can somehow prove that you were discriminated against because of your race, sex, age, or religion. Just as I can discontinue the use of my cleaning lady and hire someone else, EMSI can job out to another examiner if they don't like your attitude, don't like your spouse's occupation or don't like your haircolor, or no reason at all.

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:07 pm

Just as I can discontinue the use of my cleaning lady and hire someone else, EMSI can job out to another examiner if they don't like your attitude, don't like your spouse's occupation or don't like your haircolor, or no reason at all.

I am a victim of this type of treatment, I even have 7rys of 1099's showing that I maintained a certain running average of pay from this particular PC, always provided good service never any complaints that I was aware of. New BM came in gave my area to family member that they brought in shortly after they were hired its not right but unfortunately it happens all the time.

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:08 pm

Wanted to add, my work from this PC slowly got smaller and smaller started getting treatment that I had never experienced before, then someone filled me in about this BM's agenda.

I still contract with them I refuse to burn bridges, you never know when BM might get the CAN or just move on.
I am just thankful I had options when this happened to me.

If I learned one thing from this situation it was that PE's need lots of options, I personally recommend building as many relationships as possible direct and nondirect because you never know what someone's agenda is and it might not include you ;)

I can't wait until there is some additional help available to PE's on a bigger scale to make it easier to establish these relationships as that is what I see is lacking in this industry.

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:09 am

There are all sorts of ways to build relationships in this business. Don't be afraid to contact an agent directly if you have a question and the agent's phone number is on your work order. The PC might not like it, but if you are discrete and make no move to "steal" the agent (that's for later) they won't do anything about it because they probably won't know about it. Keep track of agents' names and numbers as they recur. If you "fire" one of your PCs, (or vice versa)just wait awhile and then contact the agent and offer them your territory. Always be sure to bill through another PC, though. Get to know the other examiners. Don't tell them all you know, or anything that could get back to your mutual PC and bite you in the ass, but be friendly and helpful. Carry business cards. Find a favorite CSR and work through them as much as you can. NEVER WHINE not to the PC, not to agents, not to other examiners, and never to applicants. I caught a direct agent from an applicant a few months ago after answering a few questions about what I do. That agent called me out of the clear blue sky and sent me seven orders right off the bat!

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:58 pm

But they did ask how they can help, and I would like YOUR thoughts on this too.

Tell them they can help by only using NASCPE examiners. This will assure them that PE's are getting the money they deserve for packet handling because we bill directly and the PC's will not be able to pocket examiners money;)

I would not mind doing packets IF I was paid fairly for them this type of action by IC's would guarantee that.

just an idea

Bree

Postby Bree » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:40 am

I agree with Jeannie. And everyone should have a contact list of at least 10-20 Paramedical Examiners, this is how we stick together. We can keep one another informed about the business of mobile phlebotomy, etc.
Memorize the Order of Draw for blood tubes
http://hubpages.com/hub/Orderofdrawbloodtubes

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:45 am

this is how we stick together.

We stick together by becoming members of the NASCPE and passing it on to as many examiners as possible.... You can also make a free linkedin account and join the NASCPE group on there. STOP talking start doing people it is a #'s game now......

How much more will we just accept?

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:02 am

Jeanie,
You never got back to us on the content of the 2 emails and we haven't heard what you decided to respond to Accuquote with.

ARKEXAM

Postby ARKEXAM » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:13 pm

`Just information to anyone that reads and listens to advice from other professionals in this industry, do not in any shape form or fashion trust On Demand Testing solutions, the company is a complete fraud, the owner, scams examiners, calling them "employee's" to any of the contracted companies, then "skims" payments off the top, for other things, this comes from a inside source...... That the owner Floats the examiners payroll by a couple hundred dollars, to several hundreds of dollars each payroll. just to make ends meet, and stay a float, i personally have had this happen to me, on several occasions, the company refuses to pay trip fees, and only offers excuses, then when questioned and called out on the lies, cases get pulled, and conversations, and contracts get manipulated. be warned!!!!

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:37 pm

ARKEXAM
You might be heard by more people if you post this as a separate and new topic.

This topic is more than 4 years old.

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:39 pm

July 1, 2016 | Napoli Shkolnik News

Napoli Shkolnik PLLC has filed a class action lawsuit on behalf of Maria Vecchio in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York against Quest Diagnostics, Inc., ExamOne World Wide Inc., and ExamOne LLC (Case No. 1:16-cv05165), alleging violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and New York State Labor Laws.

The FLSA establishes minimum wage, overtime pay, and record keeping requirements for the private and public sector. There are varying eligibility requirements, which makes it all the more important to consult a Napoli Shkolnik attorney if you believe your employer failed to properly compensate you according to federal and state labor laws.

In the class action lawsuit Napoli Shkolnik filed, Ms. Vecchio alleges that Quest Diagnostics and its subsidiaries failed to (i) properly pay her minimum wage and overtime compensation, (ii) maintain accurate records of her hours worked, and (iii) reimburse her for necessary work-related expenses.

Anyone who worked at Quest (exam one), diagnostics quest, examone quest diagnostics or one of its subsidiaries within the past six years may be entitled to compensation if they have experienced similar treatment. Feel free to call us and schedule a free consultation with our team of experienced professionals. (212) 397-1000

https://www.napolilaw.com/article/napol ... s-examone/

Email/Call
Paul Maslo
(212) 397-1000 ext. 2561 PMaslo@NapoliLaw.com
and
Andrew Dressel
(212) 397-1000 ext. 2564 ADressel@NapoliLaw.com

Please copy and paste, privately message anyone you may know that would like to join, this is nationwide for all examiners, the more examiners that join from different states the better. Hooper Holmes and Emsi have both had Fair Labor Standards Act Lawsuits against them and won. Do your research:)

Return to “Discussion Topics”