Cardisuny 501A

An "ANYTHING GOES" forum for discussing the interests, issues and concerns of the paramedical examiner community. Sharing ideas, knowledge, experiences and opinions is strongly encouraged.

However, we do ask that all participants respect the rights of others to communicate in whatever manner they wish, positive or negative, and TRY to behave respectfully toward one another when conflicts in views or opinions arise.

Our goal is to create an environment where examiners can speak openly and honestly without the restrictions of forced diplomacy or the constraints of having to observe over-bearing rules of political correctness.

Cardisuny 501A

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:59 pm

My ancient Cardisuny 501A ECG machine has been giving me fits. It keeps recording the ECG at 1/2 cm/mv instead of 1 cm/mv, so the standardization mark is only 5mm high, instead of 10. I know this thing came over on the Mayflower, but I like it way better than the newer Contec ones my branch bought. Tried it, hated it. No paper guide, could never get the paper to feed in straight.

I did have it in for service a while back, tuned everything up, got a new battery pack. The instruction manual for this is long gone. Any ideas on how I can override this? Or is it time to bite the bullet and put my old friend out to pasture? It's the only thing I still have from when I started 20 years ago!

Return to “Discussion Topics”