direct examiner/billing source

An "ANYTHING GOES" forum for discussing the interests, issues and concerns of the paramedical examiner community. Sharing ideas, knowledge, experiences and opinions is strongly encouraged.

However, we do ask that all participants respect the rights of others to communicate in whatever manner they wish, positive or negative, and TRY to behave respectfully toward one another when conflicts in views or opinions arise.

Our goal is to create an environment where examiners can speak openly and honestly without the restrictions of forced diplomacy or the constraints of having to observe over-bearing rules of political correctness.
JUST ME

direct examiner/billing source

Postby JUST ME » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:07 pm

I am thinking about going direct but the one thing thatconfuses me is how to set up a billing source, and not get shut out also.
any help please? TIA

JUST ME

Re: direct examiner/billing source

Postby JUST ME » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:11 pm

instead of using one of the Big 4 for billing could you use a local Medical Billing company in your area?

a fact

Postby a fact » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:23 am

As far as I know you can only use the preferred exam companies.Try contacting a small exam company (Independent) in your area or outside
your state. Negotiate rates and bill through them.You could also cover cases for them in your area.You will have to go through the credentialing
with them but,you don't have to worry about competing with them or them marketing your agents.

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:07 pm

What state are you in.

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:29 am

a fact wrote:As far as I know ... but,you don't have to worry about competing with them or them marketing your agents.

Don't kid yourself, you always have to worry about anyone you give your agent info to. Look at what happened when APPS bought Portamedic. All the examiners info and their agent info was handed over to APPS, who promptly turned around and marketed their agents and put a bunch of independents out of business.

One of the many reasons I keep all my business info on my computer and don't use the "exam management" systems the exam companies offer for "free".

You never know when things might change with whomever you do business with, and all of a sudden all your business info is in somebody else's hands.

ttwnldy

Postby ttwnldy » Fri May 12, 2017 12:13 pm

You will also have to worry about what happens to the specimens and the reporting to the insurance company (which is online) if you are an independent examiner. I am having some issues with that. But because I keep records for a certain length of time. I can respond same day- maybe even same hour when a case worker calls.

Vamp4hire

Postby Vamp4hire » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:43 pm

What companies do you Bill your directs through? And how hard was it to start using them? Examone has all kinds of rules in place that makes it difficult.

ttwnldy

Postby ttwnldy » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:44 pm

I billed through Superior Mobile Medics that was then bought by Examone.

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:49 pm

I have found that EMSI/Examnet is the best billing source. Direct deposit and excellent customer service. I’ve been using them for about 4 years now and am very happy

Return to “Discussion Topics”