wellness event,clique

An "ANYTHING GOES" forum for discussing the interests, issues and concerns of the paramedical examiner community. Sharing ideas, knowledge, experiences and opinions is strongly encouraged.

However, we do ask that all participants respect the rights of others to communicate in whatever manner they wish, positive or negative, and TRY to behave respectfully toward one another when conflicts in views or opinions arise.

Our goal is to create an environment where examiners can speak openly and honestly without the restrictions of forced diplomacy or the constraints of having to observe over-bearing rules of political correctness.
berykute

wellness event,clique

Postby berykute » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:19 am

I recently did a two day wellness event for Examone. Wow! I felt like I was back in high school again.
The other examiners were in a clique. They hardly spoke to me at all. It was obvious they knew each other and worked other events together.I was totally excluded.
Exam one requires a knee length , pocketless lab coat. I did not have one, however they do have disposables( with pockets) available but no one offered me one, instead I heard a few comments about my lab coat. Examone also requires your nails to be 1/4 in long or shorter but no one said anything about the girl with the 3 inch bright red claws.
I got stuck in a corner doing vitals all day. Fine, I really tried to be pleasant and social, but it is hard when they talk past you to each other. The average age must have been 19 or 20 but they behaved like 16.
Really people, be professional and grow up! :!:
I will give the benefit of the doubt and say my ethnicity has nothing to do with it.
Oh and I did look away when they pilfered all the left over extra supplies.

ttwnldy@gmail.com

Re: wellness event,clique

Postby ttwnldy@gmail.com » Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:25 pm

Examone will always be this way. That is why we have parted ways. It has nothing to do with how good you are at what you do. It is always about being in someone else's business with the ones that work for Ex1.For the most part- the Ex1and examiners are insecure and don't know where to say "No". Had nothing to do with how long you worked for them and did a great job after 10+ years you are fired because of what something you said. That is what you have to look forward to. No politics here. That is just the way they think.

Vamp4hire

Re: wellness event,clique

Postby Vamp4hire » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:23 am

I have worked with Examone for several years and I lead health fairs for them. I'm sorry you felt left out, but I can tell you that as a lead if I do not know you I will always ask you to do the measurements. My job is to make sure the event goes smoothly and I want examiners that I know will do a good job with the phlebotomy to do the draws.
Also, Examone does not want extra supplies shipped back from events. The extras are either to be given to examiners or taken to the office. If you take them to the office they usually get thrown away because they expire before they can be used. So they were not stealing from the company. Your branch office should have explained that to you, though if you are not the lead they may not have.
Hopefully you have has better experiences since then.

Return to “Discussion Topics”