Breath Alcohol Tech pay rate

An "ANYTHING GOES" forum for discussing the interests, issues and concerns of the paramedical examiner community. Sharing ideas, knowledge, experiences and opinions is strongly encouraged.

However, we do ask that all participants respect the rights of others to communicate in whatever manner they wish, positive or negative, and TRY to behave respectfully toward one another when conflicts in views or opinions arise.

Our goal is to create an environment where examiners can speak openly and honestly without the restrictions of forced diplomacy or the constraints of having to observe over-bearing rules of political correctness.
Private

Breath Alcohol Tech pay rate

Postby Private » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:14 pm

Hi everyone - I have a question for the board.

I recently passed the BAT test and have my machine and supplies. Quest paid for everything. The deal is that I am on call 24/7 for stat breath alcohol. They have not discussed the rate yet but I am hoping not to be lowballed. I have the advantage in that I am the only certified BAT in this area and there are 2 HUGE warehouse companies that contract with Quest.

Can anyone arm me with information so I can counter-offer?

Some basics - the 2 companies they want me to cover are about a 30 minute drive from my home.

Thanks board! You're the best!

----keeping it private just in case but I have posted on here before...

Re: Breath Alcohol Tech pay rate

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:10 pm

try googling it. I recall a court case a number of years ago where someone was on call 24/7 and the court found that he was owed backpay for 8 yrs because he wasn't paid anything unless he was called. there may be a federal/dept of labor mandate for how much people on call must be paid.

Private

Postby Private » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:33 pm

Good idea...

If the rate they pay is enough to make me jump out of bed in the middle of the night, I wouldn't mind being on call. I was just hoping someone on the board is doing mobile BAT and could lend me their opinion.

guber

Postby guber » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:29 am

For mobile breath alcohol rates

Vary from $100.00 to $125.00 PLUS MILAGEand set up fee and or wait fee

Private

Postby Private » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:13 pm

Thank you for the info...I was actually offered more than that so I feel much better. :-)

Return to “Discussion Topics”