Health Fairs Direct

An "ANYTHING GOES" forum for discussing the interests, issues and concerns of the paramedical examiner community. Sharing ideas, knowledge, experiences and opinions is strongly encouraged.

However, we do ask that all participants respect the rights of others to communicate in whatever manner they wish, positive or negative, and TRY to behave respectfully toward one another when conflicts in views or opinions arise.

Our goal is to create an environment where examiners can speak openly and honestly without the restrictions of forced diplomacy or the constraints of having to observe over-bearing rules of political correctness.
ttwnldy

Health Fairs Direct

Postby ttwnldy » Tue May 03, 2016 4:58 pm

Has anyone had any dealings with " Health Fairs Direct"? I received an email with a new hire packet attached. In that packet was a payroll direct deposit authorization wanting my bank account info, a W9 form for my SS, a Professional Code of Conduct for Service Providers, and finally, an independent contractor application which is 4 pages long including work history and personal references. I was instructed to fill all this out and send after which I will be given a time for a phone interview.

I replied back I need to talk to someone before sending this info, as well as ask some questions specifically do you have any work for me in my area and what does it pay as well as other questions.
This is the email I got back:

We do have a client we are currently talking with in your area. It is not a signed contract as of now. but In the works. And as for hourly rate it is depending on experience We can discuss at time of phone interview. We do not have "set" rates like most wellness companies do.

I emailed back that I would send the application but would not be giving out the rest of the info until after the phone interview. This is the reply to that email.

xxxxx if you are not comfortable maybe do not apply. As with any screening company as long as you have experience we generally hire unless you have a negative work history when we check your references. I hire nationwide and rarely do I not offer a screener a position. I do understand your concerns however I can not offer any events until you have a complete file.

Am I wrong in thinking I should not have to give out bank account routing numbers and SS number without even being offered a job or for that matter being told if there is any work in my area and what it pays?

Re: Health Fairs Direct

Postby Guest » Tue May 03, 2016 6:36 pm

Not at all. Lots of scammers and disreputable companies out there.

In this case it's better to be cautious and see if anybody responds on the board.

Postby Guest » Thu May 05, 2016 12:01 am

When I respectfully refused to give my bank account number and SS for just a possibility of a job I was sent in this in reply. Again with nothing of a job offer.

xxxxx. thank you for letting me know. I will remove you from our new hire list. And if you google our name, Health Fairs Direct we are National Biometric company that is based in NJ as in my email footer. I however do work remotely. Good luck to you.

This is total crap - you don't ask for all this info before talking to me. I am- contractor and this is NOT my first rodeo.

Angel, retired

Postby Angel, retired » Thu May 05, 2016 5:45 pm

Ask your bank what they recommend. Many vendors today pay electronically. It is possible that your bank will protect you from fraud.

ttwnldy

Postby ttwnldy » Fri May 06, 2016 12:30 am

I am sorry but I can't wrap my brain around why any company even thinks they can require you give your bank account routing numbers,SS, work history and references before they will talk to you about possible work and what it would pay.

Really?!

Postby Guest » Fri May 06, 2016 10:02 am

I completely agree but scammers will ask for that info without batting an eye because they expect people who are looking for work/employment to be desperate.

I would think a legitimate company would ask for that info ONLY after an agreement is reached.

Whether they have a website or not doesn't mean they're legitimate.

There are plenty of people who can slap together websites that look professional very quickly.

Postby Guest » Sat May 07, 2016 7:30 am

I checked out their website and it has the appearance of being professional and legit but if people really want to check them out, go to their site and click on "about" then "request a quote" and enter fake info to get their prices on health fairs.

I don't do health fairs so I couldn't care less, but for those who do it's a way check out their legitimacy AND see how much money they make on each person examined.

it's good that people are being so careful about who they give their personal identity info to.

Postby Guest » Tue May 10, 2016 8:27 am

I've always been curious to see what they pay. Thanks for the idea.
I'm going to try it and I'll report back with what I get.

If anyone else tries it please post what you get for prices.

TY

Biiometric Screener

Postby Biiometric Screener » Sun May 22, 2016 6:12 pm

I have had dealings with Health Fairs Direct and have worked with Health Fairs Direct for about 8 years now. They offer a lot of work and pay better than average hourly rates. They are a bit stingy on travel pay and other perks. For example, they do not let us eat the food that they put out for their clients, but I guess we are not paid to eat. They are one of the strictest companies that I work for when it comes to being on time, doing your job and being professional. This does not bother me as I don't do screening events to be social.

Biometric Screener

Postby Biometric Screener » Sun May 22, 2016 6:21 pm

Oh, and I forgot to mention that they do prefer to pay by direct deposit, which I like as I get my money much quicker that way. I have several friends who also work with them and some still prefer to receive a check in the mail. They just aren't comfortable with today's technology and feel more comfortable going old-school. LOL :D

Postby Guest » Wed May 25, 2016 8:03 am

I can't say I blame them especially when it's hard to get clear direction on how direct deposit, ACH, etc. works.

From what I've heard, if someone has access to your account for deposit purposes, that also means they can make withdrawals.

As for the OP's question:
Am I wrong in thinking I should not have to give out bank account routing numbers and SS number without even being offered a job or for that matter being told if there is any work in my area and what it pays?

Why not just give them a fake routing number and SSN? You can always rectify it AFTER you get the job.

I don't like giving inaccurate info but it sounds like HFD is kinda forcing it.

They're comment " if you are not comfortable maybe do not apply" seems very unprofessional IMO.

okldy

Postby okldy » Fri May 27, 2016 12:06 am

No company should be asking for this type of info without talking to you first.

Why not just give them a fake routing number and SSN? You can always rectify it AFTER you get the job.

Don't you think they would check that?

Cheaky

Postby Cheaky » Sat May 28, 2016 3:53 pm

[quote="Guest"]I can't say I blame them especially when it's hard to get clear direction on how direct deposit, ACH, etc. works.

From what I've heard, if someone has access to your account for deposit purposes, that also means they can make withdrawals.

-------

Every time you write a check you have the exact same information on that check as you put on a direct deposit form. There is absolutely no risk of anyone making withdrawals unless you, the owner of the account, give them access to your account. If that were the case everyone who has ever written a check would have been vulnerable to having their accounts hacked and that just is not the case.
------
I took the earlier suggestion of contacting Health Fairs Direct to apply for work and they did not ask me for my routing information or other employee paperwork until after I went through a vetting process with their medical screening manager. I have to say they are very thorough which makes me feel comfortable working with them. They have already given me a couple of assignments in my area for June and they do pay better than average for my qualifications.

Based on the criticism I read here I originally called to try to find some dirt to confirm what I had read because I hate it when people try to take advantage of the little guy. I am happy that I did call them because not only did I learn that they are a good group to work with but picking up the additional work was a happy bonus.

I can't comment on what ttwnldy experienced as that is not what I experienced. If they did suggest that she does not need to apply for the position maybe that was a professional way of saying thank you but no thank you.

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:17 am

;j ;j

I agree with Cheaky. I have worked with Health Fairs Direct a several times a year since my teenage son was in diapers and love working with them.

Return to “Discussion Topics”