E1 LIED

An "ANYTHING GOES" forum for discussing the interests, issues and concerns of the paramedical examiner community. Sharing ideas, knowledge, experiences and opinions is strongly encouraged.

However, we do ask that all participants respect the rights of others to communicate in whatever manner they wish, positive or negative, and TRY to behave respectfully toward one another when conflicts in views or opinions arise.

Our goal is to create an environment where examiners can speak openly and honestly without the restrictions of forced diplomacy or the constraints of having to observe over-bearing rules of political correctness.
hjl

E1 LIED

Postby hjl » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:30 am

Exam One and Superior flat out Lied about direct payment amounts. I have emails stating that if anything our pay as a direct examiner will go up if not stay the same. LIARS... I am now getting $35 less on every Shelter exam that I complete. How is it legal for them to do this? Just tell us what we want to hear so you can keep making money off of us. POS

Re: E1 LIED

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:44 pm

A friend is billing her American National through another company, still the same amount as what SMM was billing. Examone dropped it 30.00.

VampQueen32

Postby VampQueen32 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:43 pm

I bill my directs through an APPS branch office. I do a lot of directs for Shelter, American National, & Modern Woodmen. After reading around on here and trying to figure out what to do after APPS bought Portamedic, I called around to the local PC's and the immediate PC's outside of my area. I found that the APPS fee's were on average quite a bit higher than EMSI & ExamOne. I'm getting 70% total for each case w/ a $2 'admin fee.'
Here's what I'm getting for the 3 companies I mentioned. To make it easy, we'll just say these are for Pbu.

Shelter pbu - 70% = $122.08 - $2 admin fee = $120.08
American National pbu - 70% = $91.63 - $2 admin fee = $89.63
Modern Woodmen pbu - 70% = $121.38 - $2 admin fee = $119.38

I'm ok with these fees. I know everyone talks bad about all of the PC's, but this office is doing it right.

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:47 am

I beg to differ about APPS doing it right.

Those prices may be good but the percentage APPS is paying is awful.

I always felt that even 85% was pretty damn sketchy based on how small an amount of work the PCs were actually doing.
I mean seriously, 15% to do billing?
And let's not forget the billing process is highly automated on the PC's side and takes virtually no time or manpower.

But APPS is taking 30% AND AN ADMIN FEE :o :o :o

Sorry but that is a complete and unadulterated rip off.

APPS negotiated better prices with those insurance companies than E1 or EMSI did, and I commend them for doing that and not low-balling down to E1's and EMSI's prices, but taking 30% for billing YOUR work is flat out wrong.

You are certainly free to accept whatever you want, but don't lose sight of the fact that APPS is screwing you.
That is a huge percentage and to have the balls to take an admin fee too just adds insult to injury.

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:09 am

The problem is we all have to take the word of whatever the of the billable is from any of them (pc's or the billing pc's) - no matter what % is being paid by any of them. Been that way forever! I can say prices quoted below for shelter for me billing through SMM for PBU was 100.00 . Now having to bill through E1/smm- when I finally get paid with the 2 paychecks a month - I have already been told that will be 30% less. I have put it out there to my directs agents and ask them to find out if Shelter is now paying less or is it just E1 coming in and saying "oh heck no - we shouldn't pay that to any examiner - the best they should be paid is 70.00.! Well guess what- now for the most part Shelter agent are not selling are even thinking about doing anything but their quik app because now that is what Shelter is pushing. A shelter agent I recently talked with said that agents selling those life policies requiring a paramed did not make that much for anyway - but they can now sell these 50K policies pretty much to anyone for 22.00 a month and they make 7 dollars a month per policy. So is that a life insurance policy? What does 50K pay off? Your car maybe and get you half way into the ground.
Feel free to jump in on that mindset at anytime.
But guess what- they don't need the paramedical services to sell these! Are their clients in case of what a life insurance is supposed to do? I think not.
I wonder what the premium difference actually is between that 50K and 100K policy? Apparently it was not worth the effort for the agent to now sell.

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:46 am

???

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:18 am

:d :c Ive read the most recent post 5 times and for the life of me can't make heads or tails of what you're trying to say.

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:07 am

E1 bills at a set fee, negotiated with each company.
If you do not agree with what E1 pays , find another billing source.

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:46 pm

I have always used a different billing company! Then E1 bought it! Should I maybe advertise "looking for a new billing company that wants to be bought out by examone?!"
I was replying to the post that listed rates for Shelter that said Apps takes 30% and still pays more then SMM that said they paid 87% of billable. Which now E1 says we will be payin 30% less on this company now since they have acquired SMM.
I really don't know how to explain any better unless you don't speak English or just someone that wants to try to discredit the post.
When it is all said and done it does not change much anyway to post here or not.
I think there are more PC's trolling and commenting then examiners!
But like I have always said: If you don't know what the billable is to begin with no matter what percent someone says is what you get. How do I know that what you get is the truth. Just read the post that are posting the payments a direct examiner is getting from whomever.

For the rest of you - you are making a set rate to accept or not- of course if you don't accept you won't be working very long in this define territory and available hours to people from out of state that schedule for you!

Sorry but I did not make the rules. To begin with not much has ever been in (examiner control) in this business except for saying yes or no.
For me this site is basically for others to post things like lack of payment - changes in what examiners were asked to do that does not pay anything more but now have to do. etc... But no matter what you post - look for the ones that have the most replies- because you have hit a nerve somewhere on one or more PC's. Then we will get the "???" or"what" reply etc....

Good luck!

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:47 pm

Someone didn't pass there English class in high school. They last post has some communication problems.

sml

Postby sml » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:32 pm

vampireqeen32...can you post the phone number for the apps branch your billing through. I would ove to throw them some business!!

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:54 pm

+I billed some through SMM, some through E1 after Portamedic was bought out and now, Portamedic Direct requires a biller to make more than 50k. annually..
So, another exam company bills Shelter, American National at past SMM, fee, which E1 deducts 30.00 dollars more. You have to shop around!
I am suggesting you to call around, other exam companies.

Return to “Discussion Topics”