SMM Lied About Everything

An "ANYTHING GOES" forum for discussing the interests, issues and concerns of the paramedical examiner community. Sharing ideas, knowledge, experiences and opinions is strongly encouraged.

However, we do ask that all participants respect the rights of others to communicate in whatever manner they wish, positive or negative, and TRY to behave respectfully toward one another when conflicts in views or opinions arise.

Our goal is to create an environment where examiners can speak openly and honestly without the restrictions of forced diplomacy or the constraints of having to observe over-bearing rules of political correctness.
FrustratedExaminer

SMM Lied About Everything

Postby FrustratedExaminer » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:18 pm

SMM had completely lied about everything that no changes were going to be made. All would stay the same, which was completely a LIE. They only did it to keep their direct biller on the books until the transaction took place. I have already spoke with the employees there and layoffs have started to take place. What a bunch of cowards to lie and put examiners out of work and use our business to make their books look good. CON-ARTISTS!!!! :evil: :evil:

Re: SMM Lied About Everything

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:57 pm

I told a couple of their employees that they better be looking for a job. Superior was slowly sinking anyway the last few years.

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:34 pm

Why would you expect any other type of behavior from a paramedical company? They have been lying to and abusing examiners since the beginning. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. :e

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:04 pm

The following was posted under the Superior (new owner?) topic

This memo does not pertain to direct billers [examiners]. As previously communicated, at this point nothing in our process is changing. Please continue to follow your current process to submit billing information. The process of payment and the current terms of your arrangement will remain unchanged at this time.

Notice the last words "at this time".

This is the same thing Portamedic told their directs when APPS was in the process of buying Portamedic.
But when the deal was done, part of the deal included Portamedic turning over each examiner's agent information and APPS almost immediately turned around and sent most of the Portamedic Direct examiners packing
as soon as they stole their agents.

It may still be called Portamedic Direct but that's in name only.
APPS owns and controls it. And they screwed a lot of people.

So unless Superior makes a PUBLIC statement that definitively states they will be retaining ownership of the direct business division, expect the same thing to happen and start making your moves now before you're behind the 8 ball.

Can't say everyone wasn't warned. They all lie when it serves their purposes and they don't care about how it affects employees or examiners. I don't know why people are surprised. Did they expect something else would happen?

And still, several examiners I talked to (who only do their direct billing through SMM) are waiting to see what's going to happen instead of making other arrangements.

It's no wonder they shit on examiners when so many do stupid things like NOT being proactive.

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:15 pm

I do not bill through them, anymore as of 2 years ago.
But, why is anyone surprised . Are they still accepting billing until December??
I quit billing through Portamedic, the minute, they were acquired.
I think, the sales guys, marketed the directs agents. It did not last long, for they were calling me back in about 6 months.
I have had no problem billing with E1.
I am just wondering , what changes may take place. Nothing I can do but wait and see. Happy to be doing directs, though!

UpsetBiller

Postby UpsetBiller » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:19 am

ExamOne is now attempting to solicit my agents by giving my direct agents list to their Sales Reps in the area. I have been billing with Superior for years and found that since they got acquired, my direct agents list was circulated to their local Sales Reps to market to my agents. Examiners beware of ExamOne's dirty little tactics to shutdown the direct billers world. SMM is a COMPLETE SELL OUT, they have sold our agent information to ExamOne and made a profit and left us hanging...

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:20 am

The same thing happened when APPS bought Portapotty. They went after all the direct's agents.

My question is; why do people see these things happen and believe it's going to be different the next time?

Do you think the outcome will be different if someone buys EMSI?

My way of dealing with giving SMM agent information was to give them the agent's first initial and the 1st three or four letters of the last name. Enough so I know who the agent is at a glance but not enough for them to use to market my agents. Worked beautiful. Hard to market someone when you have to ask to speak with "T Wil".

I also gave my phone number as the agent's phone number. If they called thinking they were calling the agent, they got me and I was able to determine if they were up to no good.

Examiners have to think outside the box to protect what's their's.

sml

Postby sml » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:05 am

I'm so confused as to what to do. Who is the best company to bill through? Any thoughts and contact info on these companies welcome.

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:42 am

Find a Direct Examiner in your area or out of your area doesnt matter, who bills through all P.C or at least 2 of them.They often have Direct billing
with different carrriers.They will not go after your agents. They have been in the business for awhile and know the importance of keeping the Direct business alive.

Yes SMM would turn on DEXAMINERS as well as subcontractors. They are out of the business and no longer see a need to placate you.In fact they were marketing your agents and any examiners that subcontracted with you all along.You just did'nt want to believe it.

It's been said many times here.This is a cut-throat business and there are no loyalties.Many people have left and are now working this strictly as a part-time gig. Take advantage and market any agencies or agents SMM sent to you as a subcontractor.If you are not up to the task contact a Direct Examiner
in your area that is.Many agents/agencies are not going to be happy once they learn that SMM is now E1. That is why they left in the first place and now they are back to where they started.SMM markerted itself as a DirectExam agency capable of providing Direct service.
The road ahead has proven to be not so profitable because they were still considered by some carriers(NWM,MASS MUTUAL,NYLIFE,etc as such thus not being allowed to have direct billing.Their piece of the pie was almost non-exisent after paying the examiners.
I can't blame them for getting out due to the monopolization of this business.At the end of the day common sense, along with business sense dictate that they did so.

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:39 pm

I agree.
I cant help bu t remember all the attacks against SMM, I felt they ere the most fairest and professional, of all.
Too bad. But I am sure the owners are happy, with 20 years of a business that grew. He should be set for quite a long time.
Business is business, not a respector of individuals. All about numbers.
You can market freely, and they have a right to choose, freely.
All the best, to all!

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:29 am

Yes SMM would turn on DEXAMINERS as well as subcontractors. They are out of the business and no longer see a need to placate you. In fact they were marketing your agents and any examiners that subcontracted with you all along. You just didn't want to believe it.

So true but for whatever reason examiners just don't believe it.

Would principles, loyalty and fairness be desirable? Absolutely.

But the realities are what they are. To think otherwise falls under wishful thinking and fantasy.

So many people complain about the negativity of the people here but hasn't pretty much everything negative turned out to be true?

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:42 pm

Personally, I do not look back , on the negativity.
The positivity is with better outcome.
I know what the sales guys do, and say, but so do the agents. They have been in this business. long enough to know.
SMM marketed and titled examiners as Independent, E1 does not. There is where they tricked agents into thinking they were different.
E1 is having trouble transitioning into the SMM program, there are so many rules and differences, too darn confusing, and the new hires will be makng many mistakes, collectively. There will be consequences.
APPS is slow , already, how will they be able to take on new orders, in less than a weeks time?
The I agents I do business with, know what to expect from the exam companies .
In fact, I received a call this week, asking if I accepted new agents.
So, I am confident in my service, and if I lose to better service, so be it.
So, if you are an examiner for APPS and E1, do as may as you can daily, to keep the business going, the upside is you will be helping your company, put on a good show, with no mistakes!!
Directs do not be threatened, just get out there and do what you do best and figure a way to make your own business.

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:19 pm

:i I got a call today from SMM saying they cancelled my contract and can no longer accept my directs because I refused to move my contract to EXAMONE. Hey SMM, I thought there would be no changes to direct billers. Lies, lies, and more lies. Oh well... Same old crap different day

direct TX

Postby direct TX » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:07 pm

to the IDIOT that said

":i I got a call today from SMM saying they cancelled my contract and can no longer accept my directs because I refused to move my contract to EXAMONE. Hey SMM, I thought there would be no changes to direct billers. Lies, lies, and more lies. Oh well... Same old crap different day"

You have to allow exam one to have your contract if indeed you want them to pay you. Sounds like they are better off without someone as non business savvy as you.

ExamsbyJen

Postby ExamsbyJen » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:10 pm

I just found out that my rates will be going up for many carriers due to better pricing with this merger. SMM was lower than most. Happy Camper here.

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:46 pm

Hmm,
Who are you billing through, now??
I billed through SMM for a few , E1 for majority, since they both billed out the same,
Transamerica p,b,u billed out at 62.00, for example.
Knights of Columbus 82,00, these were all the same with Portamedic Direct, back a couple years ago.
So, I know they all billed out about the same.

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:53 am

ExamsbyJen wrote:I just found out that my rates will be going up for many carriers due to better pricing with this merger. SMM was lower than most. Happy Camper here.

Did E1 supply you with a list of rates for the companies you typically do exams for?

Screwed_Examiner

Postby Screwed_Examiner » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:40 am

If you think nothing has changed, you need to open your eyes. ExamOne is plotting to find out which agents we work directly with, because a friend working in one of the ExamOne branches was given a memo to start recruiting direct billers from SMM's examiners. After recruiting these direct billers, all branch owners are told on a conference call with ExamOne to start giving the agent lists to their Sales Reps and Branch Managers are told to call on all the agents to capture more market share.

This was the main reason for the SMM acquisition to take over our agents and offer them iPad Exams, Faster Results access and their BS they pitch and cannot even deliver on. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:28 pm

Thanks for the info.Unfortunately a lot of direct examiners won't believe it until it happens to them.E1 has all intentions of aquiring as many as your
agents as they can possibly steal, all under the guise of welcoming them to the family.A few guillible ones will go,but will quickly return once they have have a dose of reality of life with E1 promises.

I welcome the competition because in the end, the service I offer shines even more. :roll:

E1 merger with SMM is Portamedic with APPs all over again. Anyone that witnessed the fall out from that knows hows this saga will play out.

Anyone who cannot comprehend it, days are numbered in this business. :shock:

cat

Postby cat » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:55 pm

So who do YOU bill through? I'm confused on who I should bill my directs through

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:11 am

Screwed_Examiner wrote:... ExamOne is plotting to find out which agents we work directly with, because a friend working in one of the ExamOne branches was given a memo to start recruiting direct billers from SMM's examiners. After recruiting these direct billers, all branch owners are told on a conference call with ExamOne to start giving the agent lists to their Sales Reps and Branch Managers are told to call on all the agents to capture more market share.
:evil: :evil: :evil:

Please post that memo (minus your friend's personal info).

I'm not asking for me, because I have no doubt it's true, but for all the others who think these companies don't really do this kind of stuff.

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:49 pm

cat wrote:So who do YOU bill through? I'm confused on who I should bill my directs through

It will depend on your volume.

If you are completing 50 or more per month, spread them around to several different independent direct exam companies larger than yours.
Most won't have a problem billing for you, adding you on as a subcontractor.
If you do less than 50 per month, I would recommend you stick with 1 Independent direct exam company.

I spread mine around dealing with 5 at this time. What state are you in? Also if you have had any of the Direct Exam companies contact you and you have completed exams for them, that's a great place to start. They have used your services and are familiar with your work.
Networking is the only way to stay informed.

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:08 pm

Well , still no answer on who you bill through.

But if they are smaller billing companies, then do they bill direct?
Seems like a lot of trouble, to me.
I bill 50-60 monthly, that seems like a lot of trouble for, the same payout amount, from one major exam company.

Not unhappy

Postby Not unhappy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:10 pm

I don't know about you guys but my first directs check from SMM/E1 is higher than it would have been with just SMM. Fingers crossed this is a good sign.

berykute

Postby berykute » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:50 am

Woah! No paycheck from SMM! Pay dated 12/2 ! No check, no answer at Smm!

Directfrom texas

Postby Directfrom texas » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:02 pm

My first check was higher too. WOW WOW WOW. Good stuff....

berykute

Postby berykute » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:17 am

Did SMM lie or did Examone lie to them and they just repeated what they were told? HMMM.

watkinstrice

Postby watkinstrice » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:42 am

Direct from Texas can you get in touch with me my email add is watkinstrice@gmail.com I am also in Texas, Maybe we can help each other out.... I will give you my number when I receive your email. Thanks

Return to “Discussion Topics”