Exam One rates (honesty ?)

An "ANYTHING GOES" forum for discussing the interests, issues and concerns of the paramedical examiner community. Sharing ideas, knowledge, experiences and opinions is strongly encouraged.

However, we do ask that all participants respect the rights of others to communicate in whatever manner they wish, positive or negative, and TRY to behave respectfully toward one another when conflicts in views or opinions arise.

Our goal is to create an environment where examiners can speak openly and honestly without the restrictions of forced diplomacy or the constraints of having to observe over-bearing rules of political correctness.
Just an average Joe

Exam One rates (honesty ?)

Postby Just an average Joe » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:26 pm

With all the talk about Exam One taking over Superior I thought I'd throw this out there to see what others think and to see if E1 shows the same rates to everyone or if they show varying rates to each of us.

According to E1, these rates are 100% of what these insurance companies pay E1 for these services
and they include the kit fees and S & H

Insurance Company------------Blood,UA-------------Phys meas,Bld,Ua-------Para, Bld,UA-------------Para, Ekg,Bld,UA
American General..............$49.95................$66.45.....................$75.45....................$97.45
Aviva.............................$58.15................$73.90.....................$87.65....................$100.50
Banner...........................$56.76................$66.20.....................$76.20....................$106.20
Lincoln National................$31.70................$62.86.....................$73.66....................$101.74
Protective.......................$92.02................$80.58.....................$88.95....................$125.70

jacilee

Re: Exam One rates (honesty ?)

Postby jacilee » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:07 pm

are you sure about protective blood and urine.....it doesn't make sense... the blood and urine is higher than the blood urine and physical measurements and the blood, urine and para

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:14 am

I just copied what they gave me.

Besides, you can't always go by what makes sense. You would think more services equals higher pay but that is not always true.

The agreements between ICs and PCs often make no sense and the Protective rates are an example of it.

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:05 pm

What office gave you that infomration?
What city and state is that in?

Those "Rates" are lower than the fees I make when I do work for ExamOne for those IC, so NO WAY they are correct for what is being billed!

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:30 pm

He posted so that there would be no transparency and to compare with what he was given.Instead of saying it's not true, perhaps
you can post what you were given and the state that you are in.No in- fighting here just trying to get to the truth.

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:42 pm

Sorry transparent not no transparency.I also know different carriers pay different rates if you live on the West Coast(California)

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:13 am

My intent was exactly that; trying to get transparency.

Are we all being told the same thing or are we being told different things?

If we're each being told something different you have to question their honesty.

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:59 am

Exam rates should be between $50 and $100 per exam dependent on the procedures. This would be more in line with other medical professionals. One always has to remember the expenses and time it it takes to process a case. PC should never take more than 25% of the reimbursement from the cases and less for the directs. If we could just get more examiners to push for this.

Return to “Discussion Topics”