*** NEED A NEW COMPANY TO BILL DIRECTS ASAP**,

An "ANYTHING GOES" forum for discussing the interests, issues and concerns of the paramedical examiner community. Sharing ideas, knowledge, experiences and opinions is strongly encouraged.

However, we do ask that all participants respect the rights of others to communicate in whatever manner they wish, positive or negative, and TRY to behave respectfully toward one another when conflicts in views or opinions arise.

Our goal is to create an environment where examiners can speak openly and honestly without the restrictions of forced diplomacy or the constraints of having to observe over-bearing rules of political correctness.
pme

*** NEED A NEW COMPANY TO BILL DIRECTS ASAP**,

Postby pme » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:27 pm

My direct business is Booming and I have been billing through SMM. Does anybody know of a good paying reliable company to bill through? Thanks in advance!!

Re: *** NEED A NEW COMPANY TO BILL DIRECTS ASAP**,

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:30 am

Is this Craig"s list?

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:37 am

What do you mean by is this Craig"s list?

Direct AZ

Postby Direct AZ » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:07 pm

I am waiting things out because I hear that things plan to remain the same. I would give it a try or at least wait things out a few months. I think we will be surprised based on what I am hearing

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:01 pm

Just sounded like the ads you read on craig's list

mediservice

Postby mediservice » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:17 am

Hi, I would like to speak to you. please give me a call at 404-919-5331 on monday.

LYNN @AHE

Postby LYNN @AHE » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:25 pm

I am in the Same boat. I am not getting much info from SMM about this take over and want to have my ducks in a row. I do not want to experience any hurdles while in this transition. It took me long enough to find a billing company that was actually on the ball. I had so many bad experiences over the years with billing: missing exams, lack of communication, unreliable information, inconsistent pay, the rapid increase of charges and fees etc. Over the years I have been Happy With SMM, very few issues, Pay was great, and never had any problems with communication, or trip fees. I hate the fact that they still send checks but geesh, Would it hurt to be a bit more open about this take over? This is our businesses we're talking about being affected here!

It would be nice to get some input on some other billing companies to do some comparison research and to have a back up plan because we have no ideas what changes are to go in effect. I do not want to have any slow down of process due to this transition.

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:39 am

I hate the fact that they still send checks but geesh, Would it hurt to be a bit more open about this take over? This is our businesses we're talking about being affected here!
any time there is a take over, the last people to get consideration is the examiners. direct or otherwise.

the company being taken over has decided it's time to get out of the business so why would they care about your business?

think people.

there are no fairness fairies out there covering our asses. we have to do it ourselves.

LYNN @AHE

Postby LYNN @AHE » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:17 am

The fact still stands, If we can get more of us Directs to support the smaller Billing company we can make some changes, A smaller company would benefit form this take over. I still do not see any suggestions. we can demand more pay, less charges and more business. If you have any other small billing companies please list, that we we can collectively get what we deserve.

IMSParamed

Postby IMSParamed » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:30 pm

ATTN ALL DIRECT EXAMINERS:

We are a reliable source for billing your direct cases and have been around for over 20 years. Currently, we have been approached by many direct examiners to accept their direct billing and we are happy to do so. There are many insurance companies we are currently approved with directly and can help you get your directs billed at a better rate.

Feel free to email me directly at Bilal@imsparamed.com or my assistant Jennifer - Jennifer@imsparamed.com. We are looking to expand our coverage network and grow our direct billing business nationwide.

Feel free to reach out with any questions too.

Best regards,

Bilal Saeed
Vice President, Operations
IMS Paramed, Inc.
Email: Bilal@imsparamed.com
Phone: 1-877-808-5533 x305 / 510-962-9315 (Direct Line)

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:02 pm

I have worked with IMS for several years now and they have always been a very easy and a reliable billing source to work with. I was billing half of my cases thru SMM and the others thru IMS, with all the uncertainty going on with the SMM takeover at least I can feel comfortable now putting all my billing thru IMS. (And no I'm not an IMS employee, just a tired of all the BS examiner who has been in the business for 20 years and seen all the horrible changes that have taken place over the past 5 years or so)

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:18 am

Good to know some company is stepping up!
I am sure for the most of the direct examiners have been busy- just in case. Funny that I just keep coming up with companies that bill through portamedic- the company that APPs purchased just- how long ago was that? Apps does not want to bill for direct exams because they don't examiners to work for anyone but them. EMSI is the same way. The lame way my branch manager for examone said 5 yrs ago approaching me about billing for directs was to threaten to take back the EKG machine if I did not bill through them- I still have emails for all that I would like to bring that up again.
Bottom line - I did my excellent service to E1 for another 5 yrs (10 yrs prior service did not know about working directly) until they decided they could do without me. I did check out other options for billing direct exams with all companies that at the time said they billed for exams for direct examiners. Very time consuming as well as frustrating - Really I have to produce a certain number of completed exams per month or else?! you doing the same job to bill my exams justifies you paying me less per exam.
No exam company actually wants examiners billing for agents they think are theirs. That is where the problem comes in. That is why I billed through SMM - they were out of state and no branch office in my area.
For some smaller companies I do business with- they are all billing through Portamedic-for the most part they are on the west coast. BUT didn't apps buy out portamedic? They are basically interested in the paramedical exams like examone- but Apps is into the packets! However even though I was fired 7 months ago by E1 they still fill the need to keep me up dated and - recent email was to print packets and take to exam or there would be penalties. Awesome- glad you got rid of me.
For me I know APPs is not interested in direct examiners. I also do not think E1 is interested in direct examiners. This is just guessing from me but I do not think SMM is planning on quitting direct examiner billing - Of course at this time.
No matter who you are we are coming up on a slow time of year and it takes more then a little effort to make sure bills get paid. Since I no longer work for E1 and never expect/want to again.
I am going to pray that Superior direct business carries on at this time as they say because- not sure if all these companies that are wanting my business are actually wanting it or to increase their coverage area or for some more 35.00 PBU exams but some pay a month out - If you do forget it.
I seem to get people daily wanting me to do work for them Just fill out this packet!
I did have an exec from Superior contact me from something I had posted somewhere and caught his eye. We did exchange a few emails. I was told he contacted a couple of people to reach out to me. But as all in corporate thing takes time- nothing like what I offer to my direct agents- which could be - same day or tomorrow if they are ready to schedule. Pretty much nothing happens in this business fast like what they expect examiners to do.
But we did agree God is good -all the time.

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:55 am

Alright already. We get it. Examone screwed the pants off you.

Geesh!

If you want to keep hating on them, GO FOR IT and grab every chance to bad mouth them, but please leave out re-telling your personal story every time. You don't write very well and even though you were sympathetic at first, now your starting to just look pathetic. Time to let it go and move on.

If you think Sup. is going to come through for direct billers your crazy. The only reason they're telling directs that nothing is changing is to make sure the deal goes through before they let go of all their direct business. Once the ink is dry and the deal is done they'll be told they need to make their own arrangements with E1.

To Direct AZ
What did you mean by
I think we will be surprised based on what I am hearing

What are you hearing?

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:43 am

OK chicken little- the sky is falling. Being screwed in this business is nothing new. Apparently you have something bottled up against SMM as well.
Get over it. Surprise! none of these companies have much loyalty toward examiners. So when that ink is dried as you put it - shall we all just slit our wrist?
Maybe we can just keep blaming that other examiner that is getting business ?- whether it is profitable or not!
This site was built around examiners telling their story- sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't - like in your case.

NYC Med

Postby NYC Med » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:28 pm

People, stop your complaining and just continue doing what your doing. We are a powerful bunch and the exam companies all want our business. I would stop fretting and let things pan out. I still am very confident that E1 will want to continue working with SMM Direct examiners. This doesnt appear to be another APPS/Portamedic takeover in my opinion at all. Thats all....but hey, I have no issues with SMM and feel pretty darn good about things regarding my direct business. This is especially true if they keep it in San Diego.

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:46 pm

I don't have an ax to grind with Sup. I'm just stating the realities of this business.

Did APPS show any regard for examiners when they bought Portamedic?
No. They trampled every one they had no use for.

Has anybody in the history of this business ever asked examiners to get involved in making decisions?
Nobody ever asked me what I thought about the $10 cut in pay by ins. co. XYZ. Did they ask you?

Examiners are pawns and none of these companies cares about or watches out for them.
If you want to believe otherwise that's your choice.
I guess we'll all find out which of us is right soon enough.

I don't like E1 and I don't think this is good for anyone accept E1 and Sup. but repeating your story over and over and over and over and over doesn't help anyone but you. And since you keep doing it, it obviously isn't helping you either.
I understand wanting to vent and lash out and no one can stop you from doing it but you should know that it gets to the point where you look bitter and petty.

You want payback? Use the info you got from working for them to go after their accounts or agents.
That'll be a lot more satisfying and accomplish more than ranting and raving endlessly.

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:23 pm

God forbid any repetitive post on this site!
Looks like your posts have also been repeated over and over and over.
I get it! No one cares - we are all a bunch of idiots that have worked for years in a business that I for one loved even though we never had any control over anything with the exception of setting our (personal) rules to except a job or not for what is being paid.

So now let us all take our frustrations out on each other.

I can help you though today! I am not a good writer - I have been told this by you before. So today I will make your day because this is something in my control I will not put you through having to suffer reading another post from me.

Your welcome!

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:57 am

You obviously think I have gone after you in the past. I haven't. I don't know you.

If others have commented about the way you write or that you keep repeating yourself maybe you should think about that and figure out whether there's any truth to it. It sure sounds as though I'm not alone in that thinking.

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:41 pm

To the uninformed examiner masses

All offices are NOT the same. I work with a corporately owned ExamOne office in the Midwest. I moved from being an examiner with an APPS office and Portamedic Direct to ExamOne 8 years ago and for me, it was a good financial decision.

I am a Contracted examiner with ExamOne, I have an iPad they provide me and have local agents that call business to me.

ExamOne has NEVER contacted my agents to “steal “them. They have contacted them when I have asked them to, or to help me in getting them exam paperwork, things like that.

I get paid one percentage for the cases they give to me for coverage and I get a second higher percentage on the cases I bill through them. I do exams full time and as of today I am tracking at making, ballpark, 80-83K this year.

I cover a 35 mile radius of my home. I scheduled all of my direct cases myself. The ExamOne office I work with schedules about 30% of the work they give me for coverage. I use ExamOne’s website and have not had any real or big issue with double booking exams. I know I will be crap for saying this but ….. I do not mind them scheduling the work they give me, less folks I have to call and mess with, they do that work for me, saves time and helps me cut cost when it comes to my time. Their system will even make appointment confirmation calls 48 hours prior to the exam date and their system shows if the applicant confirms or wants to reschedule.

In some instances I do ask for and get additional fees for travel or parking on orders but I do not abuse it either. I log my mileage and use that as a business expense at the end of the year. I also do packets, sometimes I get an extra fee for the packet sometimes I do not. I considered this a cost of doing business, but I also do extras for the agents that call me direct for no fee, I do that to keep their business.

If you are with Superior you can move to APPS or EMSI (FYI EMSI just got bought by an investment company) or hang around and see what comes of the purchase by ExamOne.

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:24 pm

Thanks for the info.

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:43 am

I heard the purchaser of EMSI was a former CEO with Portamedic.

I also heard they plan on doing away with all their branch offices.

vamp32

Postby vamp32 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:35 pm

It is the same guy that use to be CEO of Hooper Holmes, then he was on the board for RSA Medical, now he's the new CEO of EMSI. I expect a downward spiral of EMSI as well. If they plan on closing branch offices and going with the same model he had at Portamedic, they'll be gone in 7 years or less.

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:18 am

I also do packets, sometimes I get an extra fee for the packet sometimes I do not. I considered this a cost of doing business

There are many businesses where it makes sense to take the bad with the good but in this business you really have to carefully consider when and where that's appropriate. The ICs and PCs have made it abundantly clear that they will take advantage of examiner goodwill anywhere and everywhere they can.

If packets were rarely ordered, eating one on occasion wouldn't be a big deal.
But for free or at extremely cheap prices, they quickly turned into being ordered constantly. In any other business, outside of those controlled by the insurance industry, the addition of a 10 - 40 page document would come with a hefty price increase.

You may look at them as a cost of doing business but I'm glad the majority of examiners didn't share that mindset and saw it for what it was. It's only because so many examiners flatly refused to do them for free or for crap money that the number ordered has dropped significantly. And it's because of them that we now routinely see examiners getting $10 extra for packets.

I prefer being on that team.

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:02 pm

Ditto

DropIn

Postby DropIn » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:19 am

Does anyone know of a paramedical billing company? I don't want to bill through E1. Thanks.

And, personally, I wouldn't do a packet order without AT LEAST a $10 fee or 50¢/page. Even that's a deal. Imagine if they had to pay a courier service to deliver, and stand there and wait for reviewing, signing and then return handling! Just let the sucker examiner "take" the packet and then penalize them if they don't write "packet included" on the labslip!! How dare they! (That's APPS) The rest are no better!

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:09 am

it blows my mind that everyone doesn't automatically see how wrong this is.

this should truly be a no brainer.

you're expected to cut what little profit you make by using your printer, ink and time to provide a service. AND they expect to be able to penalize you if every T isn't crossed or every I isn't dotted?
FOR A FREE SERVICE???

why anyone accepts this is beyond comprehension. I too am grateful that so many have stood up and said no.

this is just as idiotic as back in the day when someone thought it was a good idea to bundle urines with parameds. bundling urines with blood collections would of made sense; your already using a kit and filling out the lab slip. so collecting a urine as an added service isn't that big a deal. almost all the work has been done and there's no additional expense when the kits have urine vials.

Eenerk00

Postby Eenerk00 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:04 am

Did you ever find another direct bill exam company?

berykute

Postby berykute » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:02 pm

Try IMS Paramed

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:47 pm

Just do yourself a favor and say "no" to IMS on anything. I have had nothing but problems on 2 exams sent to me. Both had to use the translation line to even do - but that was always told after the "accept" thing. While saying you should have told me and they appolizied I said what extra was that pay? She said she would get back to me. I got 5.00 extra added .....but then we had problems scheduleing again. I finally said enough and emailed
bital@imsparamed.com.

Linda,

I can see your frustrations and I understand where you are coming from. We can approve extra $15 to cover this case with Translation, let me know if you can cover it.

I will call you tomorrow to discuss the details. We would like to do business, as we got off on the wrong foot.

Let's connect tomorrow and alleviate your concerns to move past this.

Appreciate you keeps me in the loop.

Thanks and take care,
Bilal

Well, to make a long story short- again I got no call and when I did call to see if I even had appointment I was told I did not have assingment anymore.

I do what I say and say what I mean. IMS does not.

I am done with even trying to work with a company that pays 30 days out anyway.

My advise: tell people up front when you call. I am done because you don't!

You also do not call back when you say you will. I was told months ago you would call back on possibly billing. You did not. You also did not call on the above.

If you were an examiner you are fired! You are also fired from me as an examiner taking any work from you.

Eeerk00

Postby Eeerk00 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:02 am

Try Examnet #528. It's one of EMSI's direct billing side.

Return to “Discussion Topics”