Examnet is at it again

An "ANYTHING GOES" forum for discussing the interests, issues and concerns of the paramedical examiner community. Sharing ideas, knowledge, experiences and opinions is strongly encouraged.

However, we do ask that all participants respect the rights of others to communicate in whatever manner they wish, positive or negative, and TRY to behave respectfully toward one another when conflicts in views or opinions arise.

Our goal is to create an environment where examiners can speak openly and honestly without the restrictions of forced diplomacy or the constraints of having to observe over-bearing rules of political correctness.

Examnet is at it again

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:23 pm

Examnet just raised their administration fee again, now it's $3 an exam. What's the sense in signing a contract with a company that changes the agreements of that contract to benefit themselves any time they see fit. I love how
Laurie Starr sends out the mass email on Friday night so they don't have to field calls from all those angry examiners. I'm surprised that no one else has mentioned it on this site yet. Maybe we're just so used to being screwed over that it's not even worth mentioning anymore. Oh well same old same old

Re: Examnet is at it again

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:31 am

it's insane but it's been said many times...

when a company screws you, bill your work elsewhere.

it's the only thing they respond to

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:45 pm

Well examnet is also examone - their bottom line is all they care about. Nuff said.

HolyRoller78

Postby HolyRoller78 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:15 pm

For a company that cares about their bottom line, they aren't doing very good at handling it. Even though their parent comany is Quest Diagnostics, if you look at their quarterly financial reports, you can see where E1 is always operating in the red by millions of dollars. You can tell that Quest uses E1 to feed their lab. Think about it! The fee that E1 gets paid is so much lower than what the other PC's get paid, BUT by them using their lab to process the specimen, they get to bill the IC again for lab processing. I'm guessing that's how they had State Farm for so long as an exclusive account. Now that seems to be what they've done with AllState.

Examsrus

Postby Examsrus » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:30 pm

Examnet is owned by emsi not quest.

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:36 pm

Examnet is owned by emsi not quest.

I stand corrected. I do remember that now. I remember being called to bill through them and I would never have billed through e1- I was still doing some work for them at that time.

examiner direct

Postby examiner direct » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:20 pm

I quit Examnet and switched a couple years ago.
I am happy and feel more secure with E1 and SMM, which I use for some carriers.
Anyhow, paid every 2 weeks, have had no problems, great % and they provide the supplies.
I bill from 30 to 60 monthly, so at that amount, no issues, in past 2 years.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:33 am

I switched too.

Laurie Starr made too many promises that she broke the minute she thought she had me thinking they were the only game in town.

I think they're all thieves charging admin fees when we do all the actual billing work.
But Examnet charging $3 per exam? They're the greediest.

All the PCs have the same mindset; as long as examiners continue to go along with it, they'll keep taking it.

I got rid of it and got it in writing.
As long as you bill 20 exams a month or more, most are willing to do away with it.

They all want direct billing because it's easy money for them.

gelajohnson1074

Postby gelajohnson1074 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:38 pm

I'm new to this but, this is kinda off question but I apologize.
But does anyone know exactly how much each insurance company pays for Parameds, Blood and urine and etc? The EMSI haven't said after asking several times. And how much should I charge for a trip fee??

ekgnightmare

Postby ekgnightmare » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:02 am

What insurance companies actually pay seems to be a dirty little secret with most paramed companies. As for trip fees, I charge .32-.35 per mile, with the first 30 miles being on me. (round trip miles, of course). This is how I make most of my money, as I'm sent over 100 miles one way most of the time. If it's going to take up most of my day, I tend to charge a little more. They generally pay it. I never budge on trip fees. When they ask if I can do it for less, I state no, this is my fee. (they have the choice to take it or leave it. They almost always take it). Don't let anyone take advantage of your services. If they're desperate enough, they'll pay. :D

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:26 am

I don't understand why examiners are so willing to eat the first 20, 30, or 40 miles of travel for each exam.

The IRS considers the first trip of your day and the last trip of your day (returning home from your last apt) to be your "commute" to work and therefore un-chargeable.

Everything else is considered to be "business" travel and falls under being chargeable mileage (or write-offs for tax purposes).

The exam companies have seized on this "first" mentality and apply it to ALL exams (for obvious reasons) but that doesn't mean you have to (or should) accept that as written in stone. I know I don't.

I also don't understand why examiners charge mileage at a lower rate than the IRS standard allowance.
Why charge 32 or 35 cents per mile when the IRS's standard rate for 2015 is 57.5 cents per mile?
(You can find out what the IRS allowance is for a given year by Googling it)

Rest assured when the exam companies pay you mileage they are claiming the full allowance of 57.5 cents per mile when they file their taxes. And they're claiming ALL the miles, portal to portal, when they charge the ICs for your mileage.

As for
does anyone know exactly how much each insurance company pays for Parameds, Blood and urine and etc? The EMSI haven't said after asking several times

If anyone you do business with doesn't, or won't, provide a list of rates for each IC you do exams for, that's a damn good indicator that they're screwing you.

I won't do business with any company that doesn't provide that information when asked.

HeyGuys

Postby HeyGuys » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:56 am

Hey, Look guys! Now we can get paid to send more work to the companies that are screwing us over! Or at least this one. I copied and pasted the entire email below. (And I still cannot understand the fact that they already get a percentage of MY WORK, which is ok ((sort of)) but then they want an ever-increasing "admin fee" on top of that? Really guys?)

Introducing the
"Welcome Home" Referral Program!

Refer new direct examiners to our network and get rewarded!

Spread the word, get rewarded
There's a reason you choose to work with EMSI for your direct billing needs. Now we're rewarding you for spreading the word to your fellow direct examiners.

We are looking for experienced, high-quality medical professionals who endeavor to provide outstanding customer service and are ready to join a team dedicated to success.

You will receive:

$100

For each referral that joins us, completes onboarding and credentialing and bills 10 cases through EMSI

The simplest referral program ever,
with two ways to work it

1) Tell your referrals about EMSI and send them the following link to learn more and apply:

http://www.emsinet.com/EMSI-Insurance/R ... -Examiners

IMPORTANT: Be sure to tell your referral to use your name when they contact us so you can receive credit for the referral.

Also check whether they are already talking to us and were not already referred by another colleague - another reason to act fast and reach out to your contacts today!

OR

2) Send your referral's contact information to us and we'll reach out to them

All we need is their phone number and we will call to gauge their interest in making a switch to EMSI. Call us at (800) 723-2162 or send us an e-mail.

Program rules:
The referral award will be paid when the person referred to EMSI has billed 10 cases. There are no limits to awards payable under this program, however, to be eligible to receive an award when the referral's requirements are met, you must have billed at least one case within the previous 30 days of when the 10th case was billed.

Important: Please note that referrals of former examiners, EMSI employees, contractors or providers do not qualify for an award under this program. The referral bonus will be paid as outlined above to the first person confirmed to have made the referral. No referral bonus will be paid unless the referral information comes as part of the initial contact with the prospective new examiner (after-the-fact referrals are not eligible for this program).

Looking for things to tell your referrals?
You already know what it is like to work with EMSI as compared to other companies. If you are looking for some easy facts to share with them, be sure to let them know we offer the industry leading systems and tools, convenient payroll processes and the ability to keep your own schedule and local relationships. And let's not forget about these:

• Competitive Pay
• Excellent support staff and customer service
• Additional compensation for completing IGO Mobile cases
• IGO Max - if you do not have laptop or iPad
• We offer a FREE case management system for you to enter cases, print forms and image paperwork
• Ability to grow your business and obtain additional revenue by utilizing our ScheduleEZ system. More availability = more exams!
• FREE phone APP to manage cases while on the road

...and much, much more!

POWERFUL INFORMATION. IMPROVED OUTCOMES.

Examination Management
Services, Inc.
15333 North Pima Road, Suite 330
Scottsdale, AZ 85260 • http://www.emsinet.com

LinkedInTwitterFacebook

© 2015. All rights reserved.

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:41 am

Uber pays 200.00 for referrals.

Return to “Discussion Topics”