Marketing to agent and insurance companies

An "ANYTHING GOES" forum for discussing the interests, issues and concerns of the paramedical examiner community. Sharing ideas, knowledge, experiences and opinions is strongly encouraged.

However, we do ask that all participants respect the rights of others to communicate in whatever manner they wish, positive or negative, and TRY to behave respectfully toward one another when conflicts in views or opinions arise.

Our goal is to create an environment where examiners can speak openly and honestly without the restrictions of forced diplomacy or the constraints of having to observe over-bearing rules of political correctness.
NewExaminer

Marketing to agent and insurance companies

Postby NewExaminer » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:45 pm

What are the best/easiest/quickest ways for a newly established direct examiner to get agents who will send exam orders? do you call on the insurance companies and agents directly and set up meetings to give them your information and marketing materials? Seems to me that a smaller company with quicker turn around time than the big companies can do pretty well if the get enough agents sending them orders.

Re: Marketing to agent and insurance companies

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:24 pm

I think there are plenty of post on here about marketing new agents. Do a search on just that.

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:50 pm

Feel free to market who you like but I would suggest the agents in your local area of coverage. Keep in mind you have to sell your service to the agent. Here are a few of questions I have been asked in the past.

1. What do you do, or what service you provide, that I am not already getting? You folks are all the same.
2. Can you accommodate cases out of your coverage area? I need one contact point for all of my cases.
3. How do you handle requests for cases out of your coverage area, what is your coverage area?
4. Can you get me copies of my exam paperwork, in paper or image (PDF) form if I need them that way?
5. Occasionally I have cases that require EKG, MD or APS services, are you equipped to handle this business?
6. I want my office staff servicing my clients, so ...
a. Can you deliver case status in an email?
b. Do you have a web site that I can place orders, view status and view completed exam paperwork on?
c. Can you get lab results to my client?

One thing I can say is "Listen" to the agent carefully and intently. Make sure you understand what services they are getting now and what you are willing, or able, to provide to them. Try to understand the things the agent and or his staff like as well as services they are wanting and not getting, or that could be improved upon.

Use the word "partner" in building a relationship with them. Like, "I am very interested in establishing a partnerships with you and your office".

Don't be afraid to ask for the agent's business, or partial business, so they can compare services.

Also understand that the agent my NOT be the person you need to meet with. I have visited a lot of agents and they have a person in their office ordering their cases and making the choice on who to use.

Target prospect agents in you area/town. Learn a bit about them. Are they active in the camber of commerce or a member? Are they active in the rotary or other clubs? Are they a veteran, play golf or active in youth activates in town. Try to connect emotionally with the agent as well.

Have PASSION in what your doing, if you do not believe in you and show a fire or passion in yourself and services, why should they?

Make eye contact, make the agent the center of your attention.

Know your stuff .. don't sound as if your reading from a script or "learned" lines.

Don't talk about YOURSELF too much. This can be a fine line as your trying to sell your service, but give the agent time to respond and speak about themselves or their business!

Ease into your sales pitch, don't rush it. Don't think that the stopwatch is ticking and I better shove in as much information as I can. If you don't take your time to get to know the agent and their needs, you’re just providing words for an objection: “We have that already. No, we don’t need that. We never expect to need that. Don’t know anyone who needs that. But hey, have a nice day.”

DO NOT speak badly of a person or PC they are using. You need to listen to what they have to say REGARDLESS of what you think of their current provider! You MAY learn something to boot.

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:58 pm

DO NOT speak badly of a person or PC they are using. You need to listen to what they have to say REGARDLESS of what you think of their current provider! You MAY learn something to boot.

Amen to that statement!

If they are already happy with whom they are doing business with then all you can do is say what you offer that might be somewhat different then they are already getting. For me it is mostly 15 years experience and 0% no shows as a start.......

SMM leaving applicants examiner name and number on VM

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:21 pm

I recently noticed, they leave a message with applicant, details including examiner name and number.
I do not like this, and prefer them not to give my name to anyone before I contact them. They have been given wrong numbers in the system and -examiners name and phone number left on VM?? The wrong number VM. First name can be given but nothing else, until I prove my ID with Superior and then ...
Just saying..

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:38 am

I recently noticed, they leave a message with applicant, details including examiner name and number.

Why would you post this under marketing agent and insurance co?

Return to “Discussion Topics”