Anyone else

An "ANYTHING GOES" forum for discussing the interests, issues and concerns of the paramedical examiner community. Sharing ideas, knowledge, experiences and opinions is strongly encouraged.

However, we do ask that all participants respect the rights of others to communicate in whatever manner they wish, positive or negative, and TRY to behave respectfully toward one another when conflicts in views or opinions arise.

Our goal is to create an environment where examiners can speak openly and honestly without the restrictions of forced diplomacy or the constraints of having to observe over-bearing rules of political correctness.

Anyone else

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:54 pm

Anyone else getting direct agent telling you that they need this but when you put in billing company diagnosis you do not get the same thing? Especially if it is not for life insurance it is for disability. Talking with the billing company in charge person - I get that if I don't follow what their charts come up with and do something different " like what the agent says" I could get a charge back. But at the same time they also have their disclaimer.
I always ask agent to ask underwriting for specifics as to what they want so as to support change if needed to billing company but I am beginning to believe at best:
Payments are delayed- and then may somehow "get lost". But if are paid....even after you did the work- you can get the worst.
At worst:
Billing company pays and charges back at whatever time they feel is right for them. Which can come 3 months later or at the end of the year" which means you get a short check at a bad time."

So I am just asking what others do because I am sure I am not by myself on this one.

Also if the EC's can bill for no- shows why can't we as independents bill for the same? My billing company says they can't bill for no-shows but if I do something for them- they can bill for that and I get something. What's up with that?

Re: Anyone else

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:07 am

get the underwriters name if the agent insists that you follow his/her instructions and keep it in your notes as well as putting it in the billing comments.

no shows - PUSH IT and insist they bill it.

for whatever reason they don't like doing it.

tough shit, do it!

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:02 pm

Looking at it from the IC's point of view, there is no accountability from direct examiners for no-shows. How do they KNOW you had an appointment set with a client and got no-showed? Pretty easy way to get some cash, just say you have an appointment. And good luck getting the client to admit they no-showed! (Unless there was a legit reason,of course. My very first no-show was IN THE HOSPITAL at the time of the exam, as she was injured in a car-pedestrian accident! Was in the local paper. Learned fast to not judge...) At least there is some accountability from the exam co's, and they have the muscle to get the money. It stinks, yeah, but that's the chance you take going direct. It's not all roses.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:07 pm

I would also get the underwriters name.As you know they sometimes request services even though the requirements state otherwise, depending on client's history on the agent's app..I've
also requested of the agent to forward the request from underwriting, explaining to( him,her )this is not listed as a required service and I need to
have proof if I'm charged back.

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:06 am

Yes I have done that- sometimes certain insurance companies as well as billing venues will get their just rewards. For me if I don't see I can get paid per billing company with an major insurance vendor sends a red flag. Sometimes you just have to say "NO" There is no just do it- we have done it for what ever we found out what we made after the work was done! Several weeks later.......Now even if we know what we are supposed to make after the job pay can be taken away. Can you hear me? Work that has been completed has to be paid for. period. Can you hear me now?
This is not just do it any more.

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:51 am

Looking at it from the IC's point of view, there is no accountability from direct examiners for no-shows. How do they KNOW you had an appointment set with a client and got no-showed?
The same way as when a PC bills for them. They don't.

There's no accountability from either directs or PCs because there's no way to prove it. Which is what so many ICs use as an excuse to not pay for no shows. And it's bullshit. They both know no shows happen all the time but neither wants to pay for them so they expect (or try to get) examiners to eat them.

Their reason is "we don't want it getting abused". So instead of dealing with examiners who do abuse it, they take a global "nobody gets paid for no shows" position.

The bottom line is they both get around paying for legitimate no shows except when they're dealing with examiners who are smart enough to demand no show fees as part of their work agreement/contract. I won't work for any PC who doesn't pay me at least $10 for no shows.

And don't kid yourself, the PCs don't have the muscle to get the money. If they had any muscle (or brains), none of the ICs would get away with having policies of not paying for no shows. It wouldn't be an option.

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:20 am

What she said x 10

And does anybody ever consider that the rates we're paid are more in line with what we should be paid if they were to come to us?

$10 or $15 dollars for a no show if they were coming to us would be reasonable, but to only have it be that much when we go to them is ridiculous when you really think about it.

Maybe thinking about it in that context will make people stop and think about how poorly we get paid for what we bring to the table.

Return to “Discussion Topics”