Seriously SMM

An "ANYTHING GOES" forum for discussing the interests, issues and concerns of the paramedical examiner community. Sharing ideas, knowledge, experiences and opinions is strongly encouraged.

However, we do ask that all participants respect the rights of others to communicate in whatever manner they wish, positive or negative, and TRY to behave respectfully toward one another when conflicts in views or opinions arise.

Our goal is to create an environment where examiners can speak openly and honestly without the restrictions of forced diplomacy or the constraints of having to observe over-bearing rules of political correctness.
berykute

Seriously SMM

Postby berykute » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:24 am

So, I wrote in the list of medications on the lab slip but forgot to check the yes box. DinG! They hold up the app. Fine me 50 cents.
They wait for me to tick the box on the copy and re-fax it. Seriously, how hard would it be for the Q C people to do it themselves?
Do they get the 50cents?
The answer is there, so obviously it has to be yes. Seems like they get some kind of joy out of all this. Woopie! Gotcha!
Every insurance underwriting person I know said that this is not something that would hold up processing the app.
So....tick the damn box and send it in.
Maybe SMM fines the QC people, maybe they are stressed out. Any time I have spoken to them they sound harried and stressed and under the gun.
Seriously!

Re: Seriously SMM

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:42 am

That would be fraud on a medical record. SMM QC didn’t draw it you did!
Be professional, stop you’re crying, own up and fix it without complaining. YOU did not mark the box.
You should be glad it is only 50 cents vs a recollect at no cost.

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Is it fraud when examiners fill in MD information and other things AFTER the exam is complete?

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:59 pm

You are kidding right ... Yes it is!!

Most insurance exam forms have something to this effect, below, where the applicant signs. If anything is altered or changes on the exam form “Post Exam” the examiner “can” open themselves up to the liability of that change without having the applicant’s acknowledgement of it change.

“By signing this Application, I understand and agree as follows: I have personally read (or have had read to me) all statements and answers provided to (the Company) as part of this Application, including any amendments or attachments to it. They are true, complete and correctly recorded.”

Yes, board users have admitted to doing this here or referred to is or something like it. That just shows how unprofessional, unprincipled and untrustworthy they are.

berykute

Postby berykute » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:46 pm

And you"Guest" are so self rightous.

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:04 am

No I wasn't kidding.

I was pointing out the hypocrisy of what you wrote. The PCs expect that information, nay, demand it, and they don't give a shit if examiners get it after the fact.

Course they also don't give a shit if examiners sit there for three hours waiting for the client gather the info either.

So at least acknowledge the "legalities" are flexible when it comes to the PC's and how they operate.

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:10 pm

Most insurance exam forms have something to this effect, below, where the applicant signs. If anything is altered or changes on the exam form “Post Exam” the examiner “can” open themselves up to the liability of that change without having the applicant’s acknowledgement of it change.

“By signing this Application, I understand and agree as follows: I have personally read (or have had read to me) all statements and answers provided to (the Company) as part of this Application, including any amendments or attachments to it. They are true, complete and correctly recorded.”

Is doing what is right for the applicant wong? Your beef with the IC or PC is yours, deal with, address it, fix it or just stop going the work. What do you not get, or do you just enjoy being victims? If you do not like what the IC or PC set out that is YOUR issue. Asking an applicant to lie or forging information on a paramed exam is gross negligence on YOUR part. Do it right the first time and then no worries right?

Typical of MOST of the folks on here, bitch and complain about how the errors THEY make are some else’s fault when THEY made them.

IF IT IS THAT BAD THEN STOP DOING THE WORK, END OF STORY. "If" your qualified find another line of work in the health field!

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:23 pm

I agree with your initial premise; your mistake is your responsibility to correct.

I also have no issue with SMM charging a 50 cent penalty. That's reasonable for an error of that magnitude.

But to say it's typical of most examiners to bitch and complain about things like this is not nearly accurate or honest. Most of the complaints here are legitimate and there's plenty of them. Thanks to people like you or exam companies like yours (I haven't figured out yet which you are).

The examples of hypocrisy are too numerous to count; SMM expects examiners to print packets on their dime or for some ridiculously low rate but they won't print a statement with pay checks, or, they don't want to pay for presets but they'll ask for them all day long, and on and on. Again, plenty of legitimate complaints.

It's fraudulent to write an MD's name and address after the exam but SMM gladly turn a blind eye to that because it suits their needs.

Asking an applicant to lie
And where the hell was that mentioned? You clearly have some of your own issues with examiners so maybe you also need to do some soul searching.

Sideways

Postby Sideways » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:55 pm

Stop complaining about presets. At least they ask you if you can take it or if youre available. They call or text me and I say yes or no. Easy enough.

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:04 am

I'll stop complaining about presets when they go away or when the exam companies start paying for them.

90% of the time they're bullshit dates made up by the agents to ensure their clients don't fall between the cracks. When you ask, the clients usually deny asking for a preset appt. More often than not, when you call to confirm, it's a complete surprise for the applicant that they have an appt scheduled.

Yes, we can refuse them (and I heartily recommend doing so unless they fit your schedule perfectly or come with extra pay) but no matter how you slice it, it's just another method for exerting control over examiners.

You're obviously OK with being a pawn but most of us aren't. We are supposed to be independent contractors. And if Superior and others are going to take advantage of classifying us that way to get out of paying taxes they rightfully owe, treat us like independents and stop trying to get your cake and eat it too.

Return to “Discussion Topics”