BP cuff as tourniquet

An "ANYTHING GOES" forum for discussing the interests, issues and concerns of the paramedical examiner community. Sharing ideas, knowledge, experiences and opinions is strongly encouraged.

However, we do ask that all participants respect the rights of others to communicate in whatever manner they wish, positive or negative, and TRY to behave respectfully toward one another when conflicts in views or opinions arise.

Our goal is to create an environment where examiners can speak openly and honestly without the restrictions of forced diplomacy or the constraints of having to observe over-bearing rules of political correctness.

BP cuff as tourniquet

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:38 pm

I'm doing some blood draws at a pharmacy where they need the plasma to make eye drops. I need to draw a TON of blood, anywhere from 6 to 14 tubes! Going to have to use the BP cuff as a tourniquet, as it's easier to control. What mmHg settings do you folks us to start the initial draw, and then what do you dial it down to for the rest of the draw? I seem to recall 20 mmhg, but it's been a LONG time. Thanks in advance for the advice.

berykute

Re: BP cuff as tourniquet

Postby berykute » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:20 pm

why would you need to use a BP cuff anyway? :?:

Return to “Discussion Topics”