SMM 50 cent charge

An "ANYTHING GOES" forum for discussing the interests, issues and concerns of the paramedical examiner community. Sharing ideas, knowledge, experiences and opinions is strongly encouraged.

However, we do ask that all participants respect the rights of others to communicate in whatever manner they wish, positive or negative, and TRY to behave respectfully toward one another when conflicts in views or opinions arise.

Our goal is to create an environment where examiners can speak openly and honestly without the restrictions of forced diplomacy or the constraints of having to observe over-bearing rules of political correctness.
berykute

SMM 50 cent charge

Postby berykute » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:51 am

I am quite convinced that the 50 cent charge for errors must go to their QC persons as incentive. I filled in the answer and missed the checked yes box. If the answer is there they can just tick the box themselves and all is done, no they have to flag you and charge you. And then all you do is tick the yes box and re fax it. Hmm. Did the patient take any medicines...they were listed. Okay ,I missed putting the weight on a page, the weight is on several other pages also, ding! Write it in, re-fax it and pay.Hold the app till you write it in the space. They can do it the end result is the same.

Re: SMM 50 cent charge

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:23 am

I know, but it is an exam that was signed off by you the examiner and the applicant.
These are legal documents. We the examiners are responsible for all corrections.
We have set standards and must abide by them and so do the exam companies.

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:24 am

I didn't set the standard, you didn't set the standard, no examiners have ever been involved in setting the standards.
The PCs set the standards. They're called SLAs (service level agreements).

I agree in principle that examiners have to take responsibility for their errors but I have a huge issue with this global approach SMM takes to dealing with the problem children. Errors should be handled on a 1:1 basis. If you routinely make mistakes, you are warned and penalties go into affect if you continue to screw up.

This global approach that penalizes everyone right out of the gate is a money grab. Pure and simple.

Superior and others have figured out it's much easier to take money from examiners than to go after the ICs for more money. As long as examiners accept this, they will continue to do it. And the amount they take will continue to rise as fees for our services continue to drop.

The SLAs should follow pricing.
Yeah, we'll QC every exam when you're paying $125 per exam, but not when you're paying $50 - $75 per exam.
Sure, we'll guarantee an average time service of 14.7 days for $125 per exam, but not when you're paying $50 - $75 per exam.

Our reality should become their reality. You get what you pay for. And I'm glad examiners are taking that attitude.

berykute

Postby berykute » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:48 am

I get paid by SMM between 20.00 and 48.00 an exam depending on the exam.

Return to “Discussion Topics”