Iggbo

An "ANYTHING GOES" forum for discussing the interests, issues and concerns of the paramedical examiner community. Sharing ideas, knowledge, experiences and opinions is strongly encouraged.

However, we do ask that all participants respect the rights of others to communicate in whatever manner they wish, positive or negative, and TRY to behave respectfully toward one another when conflicts in views or opinions arise.

Our goal is to create an environment where examiners can speak openly and honestly without the restrictions of forced diplomacy or the constraints of having to observe over-bearing rules of political correctness.
Marti in NJ

Iggbo

Postby Marti in NJ » Thu May 21, 2015 10:16 pm

Has anyone heard of or worked for Iggbo?

They are doing a lot of advertizing but I haven't seen any reviews yet....

Re: Iggbo

Postby Guest » Mon May 25, 2015 12:04 pm

never heard of them

Marti in NJ

Postby Marti in NJ » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:38 pm

A new Phlebotomy company...

http://www.iggbonow.com/

They are putting the word out. I attempted to send my info on the website but kept getting an error, wrote them an e-mail - got a really quick response (within minutes!) and was given a fax number that also errored...

So...not sure if this is real...or not...we have to be so careful...

jacilee

Postby jacilee » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:40 pm

this is with ed cutler.... I got this from them.

joe blow

Postby joe blow » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:37 am

Are you sure it's Ed?

That would be too funny if he went to all the trouble of creating a new company, website and so forth and got outed so quickly.

jacilee

Postby jacilee » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:51 pm

yes, because I got an email from them with the link to join iggbo and I don't know if it all him or part of him,,, but he is in it

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:45 pm

What kind of name is Iggbo, anyways.

Examiner in nj

Postby Examiner in nj » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:54 am

I signed on with Iggbo 4 months ago and recently received an email that they now have work in NJ and that a recruiter was going to call me. Well, no one called. When I followed up on not being contacted I was told that they had already chosen the said need of examiners and that they would keep my information should they need any extra help. I'm not quite sure what's going on with the company but it seems fairly new and I know that people in NY are getting steady work from them.

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:25 am

I checked out their website and the first thing I was struck by is there is nothing specific about pay.

Just some vague statement about making up to 200% more. 200% of what???

Red flag!

Then I looked at the application info they ask for.

They want to know a lot about you but they aren't sharing enough about themselves. In particular, pay.
Like it or not, the amount you will be paid for your time and effort is the biggest question most people have.
Them not being up front about that is suspicious and raises another...

Red flag!

Any hint that Ed Cutler is involved

Big, fat, hairy red flag!

There's plenty written here about him and people who have been cheated by PSI (phlebotomy services international).
Do some reading before you associate yourself with anything he's involved in.

You'll be glad you did

berykute

Postby berykute » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:46 pm

I signed up with them, they Just sent me a Phone( galaxy 4) to use, I have an online training session Monday. So, we will see.

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:31 pm

Did they tell you what their pay rates are?

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:50 pm

Well they sent me an email to sign for a background check- which I did. We will see. I feel like I need to at least see what they have to say.

Postby Guest » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:19 pm

I don't know of any website that recruits examiners or phlebotomist for exams or health fairs that posts rates online. We are not all alike in things like qualifications/experience. That is why some of these companies are paying the rate for health fairs like we are all just the same. Experience does not count-reliablity does not count. Just pay us all like we just got out of phlebotomy school! That is just crap! That is also why I'm thinking they can't post what you will get paid. I have worked with many in health fairs that got paid less then me and that was right because they did not have the experience I had. But now they want all to drop to the rates they pay the newbies- so we all make the same. That is were I am out!
I would rather do housework/yard work (which I hate) but hiring someone to do those things goes up every so often - it does not ever go down! Why does this industry think we should except less for time spent then what we got last year?
So to get back on topic- I applied and I will see what is offered. If I don't like it - I won't do it. Seems simple enough to me.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:02 am

That is also why I'm thinking they can't post what you will get paid.
They can sure as hell post a pay range.

Obviously, anyone with half a brain knows that what they get paid will depend upon experience, skills, etc.

When a company doesn't give any specifics, like a pay range, it usually means they're fishing to see how little they can get away with paying. Right away trust becomes a concern.

I won't even give out my personal information, let alone allow someone to run a background check, unless I have an idea of what the income is.

IMO, anyone who won't give you that info up front is likely going to turn out to be dishonest.

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:05 pm

I agree.

if anyone does get info on pay please post it

thx

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:15 pm

So someone else has to do the work and then post after being slammed for trying to see what it pays?!

I have been doing this for 16 yrs and I am used to when one door closes for various reasons (usually pay drop Or you said something) another opens. I really don't see any reason to not see what this new company is about.
Trust me if the ED guy has anything to do with it - I'm out for the one thing I did for him and did not get paid for.

To be honest - I want to find the company that will be staffing those Walgreen stores -(from the lady genius) that just pricks the fingers -has regular hours- and I am sure with benefits. I'm sure training will be involved which actually trips my trigger- learn something new!

I am just fed up with examiners not realizing the effort they put in (drive-car expense-exam-paperwork-process specimen-ship- )and don't forget driving back ) -when they just keep excepting lower pay every year. But the sad truth is there is always another body.
Which also includes the health fairs.

When and if this company calls I already know what questions to ask. That would be- what do you pay for what you want me to do and how far is that I can take it or leave it.
If you can't figure out the formula after that- you are in the wrong business!

berykute

Postby berykute » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:23 am

My first draw for IGGBO today, took about 10 minutes total, no faxing no paperwork. 5 blocks from home . 35.00

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:48 am

Thanks for sharing Berykute. Is $35 their typical pay or does it vary?

So someone else has to do the work and then post after being slammed for trying to see what it pays?!
Huh?

berykute

Postby berykute » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:55 pm

varies 35.00-50.00 depends on lab. No faxing! No spinning, yeah!

berykute

Postby berykute » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:20 pm

Waiting to be paid!

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:01 pm

I was hoping you would keep us informed on this one. Did they not give you a schedule of payments? Some of the companies I have signed up for lately pay as much as a month after! That is totally obscene to me. There have been several on here that seem to think that is well within reason. I personally don't! Most companies pay at least twice a month/or every two weeks. If you were a direct examiner SMM paid the next week which I thought was really more like it! To me if I am doing 1-2 exams every now and then for a company they should pay within 2 weeks no matter where it falls. I am not part of the usual payroll and really easy to get skipped which has happened before! Sometimes I feel like some of these companies want to see if maybe I will forget that one exam I did for them. If it was important enough to contact a person in another state to do whatever for them which was completed for the most part within a week or less then they need to do due diligence as well.

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:11 pm

A doctor I met , in this state, stated this mobile service would be available, soon. She was excited.
Anybody care to share thoughts on the pay??
DO they pay more for physicians who request your service?
If your state does not require a phlebotomy license, is one required?
I have a certificate, since no state license, required.
This physician asked me to use her name as a reference. I met her doing the paramed exam.

berykute

Postby berykute » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:59 pm

I got one exam from them, no more. I sent back the phone. They want you to collect payment from the patents.

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:58 am

Did they ever get around to paying you?
And if they did, how long did it take to get paid? And did they pay what they said they would pay?

I actually wouldn't mind collecting the payment. It would give me a chance to see what the total amount is and how that compares to how much they're paying me.

Thanks for sharing the info Berykute.

berykute

Postby berykute » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:29 am

I did not have to collect from the one exam I did, it was insurance only. They don't have much work.

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:12 pm

Yes, but did the pay you and how long after the job had been done?
I was sent ppwrk on net 30 payment and replied that was not an option. Then received an email reply that there are options and nothing is written in stone. Hmm..... I had both Iggbo and Ims contact me at the time the buy out of Smm by E1. Both acted like work was available in my area ( this was in Aug or around that time) I think they were just building their data base. I haven't gotten anything from either in MY area - Pisses me off- You send alot of info when you apply for work!
While I try to keep an open mind on new business, these two companies started out by lying. So I recomend if you do get a call from either company you have a list of questions to ask and confirm before excepting!

Just sayin

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:50 pm

Pisses me off- You send alot of info when you apply for work!
While I try to keep an open mind on new business, these two companies started out by lying. So I recomend if you do get a call from either company you have a list of questions to ask and confirm before excepting!

That's where I was going with an earlier comment and then someone got pissy about it.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Exactly why we should share this stuff here. So we don't all have to go through the bullshit.

It's obvious a lot of these companies are fishing for low-ballers so I do the same thing as you - ask questions and get answers before I waste any of my time filling out their forms.

Something we should all be aware of and doing.

okldy

Postby okldy » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:58 pm

Yes the same questions should be asked when considering accepting a contract job from whomever contacts us. We ask about the who,what,where on a paramedical exam from strangers daily. In addition we need to ask what it pays as well as when do I get payment . Go figure.
We also need to report when we don't get paid on time or ever.

Not getting paid is a crime. Getting paid net 30 is totally wrong for what we do.

okldy

Postby okldy » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:08 pm

Also since I had to post the above post not anonymously- I should not be having anymore phone calls for work with companies that do this.

Iggbo Field Manager

Postby Iggbo Field Manager » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:10 pm

Hello Everyone,

I've read all of the comments blog from Iggbo. I've been with the company long enough and I will try to answer each and everyone of you with the best answer that I can give. I'm a Field Manager in Miami Florida, I love this company I've been with Iggbo for about nine months already. Because they are bringing phlebotomy to the 21st Century. I enjoy the flexibility of being my own boss and Iggbo has revolutionize this industry with their training of phlebotomists and their phone app. With the company you get weekly paid. This company is a 2.7 trillion dollars industry worldwide, and I do believe 100% this company will give everyone opportunity with more draws, make more money and increase your opportunity with Iggbo. You just got to be patience. Iggbo will work with everyone you just got to have patience, it's one day at a time. I promise Iggbo is the future here for Phlebotomy, Physicians, Laboratories and Patients. We the company Iggbo has thousands of applicants, that we would consider a qualifier candidate to fit with Iggbo, Yes we run a background check and if you meet the qualifications then a recruiter from Iggbo will call you and go on to the next step. Iggbo is expanding and it's a promise! feel free to write me any questions or concerns I'm here to help you at my best. I will give the best answers that I can. you can reach me at this Email: iggbofieldmanager@gmail.com
Thank you
Let's all flip the negative comments to a positive attitude....
Iggbo is changing the clinical laboratories, and it's the future of phlebotomy...

Thanks for sticking with us.. Iggbo Champion Field Manager

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:27 am

Is English your 2nd, 3rd or 4th language?

It's a bit unsettling to read something like that from a representative in a managerial position.

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:18 pm

OMG you have been attacked by the English major person!

Nothing you have posted means anything because you did not post grammarly. Here is a link so we can do this https://www.grammarly.com/extension-success.

This was a site you could tell the story in your own words.

Be assured that if the ones that do faithfully follow this link can and will share if they even feel the need.
We have our network already.

Jess

Postby Jess » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:07 am

i happen to agree. call me lazy but i don't want to have to read something three or four times to figure out what someone is saying

berykute

Postby berykute » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:30 pm

I tried IGGBO. In six months I received one order from them. I sent their phone back. I was very disappointed, they promise a lot and give little.

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:25 am

Yep just more promises from Iggbo and IMS.

BuffaloIggbo

Postby BuffaloIggbo » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:08 pm

Hi everyone!! I just came across this thread and work for Iggbo, so naturally I'm interested! I was where you all are when I first started with Iggbo. I thought the name was funny, it sounded like a scam. And I found their initial ad on Craigslist so I was cautious. But it's turned out pretty well for me. I have been with them for 6 months, I am the field manager for the Buffalo, NY area and I am really enjoying the job. The pay isn't great but its better than the paramedical company that I work for and it takes less time. You draw and send; no paperwork, parameds, faxing, uploading, EKGs, urine samples, etc. In and out in 5 minutes vs my normal 15-45 minutes. I pick my hours of availabily and can change them on a daily basis if needed so I can still work my other job. I get $30 per draw and I stay within 20 miles of my house (they bonus if I have to go further, which of course I can also decline). I saw someone else say $35-50, maybe another area pays differently. Here its $30. Draws can be somewhat scarce in a new area that they've expanded to, but they're new so you need to be patient. That said, I still get draws every week. And I don't know who this Ed guy is but I will be googling him as soon as I'm done here. But as for my experience with Iggbo, I'm definitely on the positive side. My suggestion would be to give them a chance. Yes they do a background check, but so does most every employer. I'm not out anything financially, they have paid me in full on a weekly basis, and I enjoy the work. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them, email me at buffaloiggbo@gmail.com.

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:44 pm

This post started almost a year ago and suddenly a "field manager" finds the PEA and then just 6 days later another "field manager" also finds the PEA.

WOW, what an amazing coincidence!!! And they're both talking about positivity too!!!

And, as if that isn't eerie enough all by itself, Ed Cutler is brought up. I am totally freaked out :c

berykute

Postby berykute » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:53 pm

They must not do much in California. Promise and givenothing. Not worth the time.

BuffaloIggbo

Postby BuffaloIggbo » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:33 pm

Guest wrote:This post started almost a year ago and suddenly a "field manager" finds the PEA and then just 6 days later another "field manager" also finds the PEA.

WOW, what an amazing coincidence!!! And they're both talking about positivity too!!!

And, as if that isn't eerie enough all by itself, Ed Cutler is brought up. I am totally freaked out :c

It is an amazing coincidence - Google IGGBO and this thread shows up on the first page. I have had a positive experience as a phleb, so I would say such. As a field manager, I've been in this position for about 2 weeks and have only picked up a couple of canceled jobs, my positivity doesn't sit there just yet. But as a mobile phleb I'm happy with them. And this thread asked "has anyone heard of Iggbo?" I have and it's been positive, just sharing...

I did Google Ed Cutler too. If he is involved with Iggbo, this thread is the first I've ever heard of him. And I haven't been stiffed on payment once, my money has been faithfully deposited every week.

Iggbo Field Manager

Postby Iggbo Field Manager » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:28 am

Marti in NJ wrote:Has anyone heard of or worked for Iggbo?

They are doing a lot of advertizing but I haven't seen any reviews yet....

Hello Martin,

I work for Iggbo I'm the field manager, yes we do lots of advertise And we have over 6,000 phlebotomists working in different states.
join us, you'll have the opportunity to be your own boss, you set your own hours and is weekly pay. check us out at www.iggbonow.com have any questions or concern, you can email me at iggbofieldmanager@gmail.com
Thanks for sticking with us

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:20 pm

She isn't "sticking with" you and you obviously know it.

She simply asked the question that started this topic.

I think you and the other "manager" have already more than adequately answered her question in your first 2 - 3 posts.
Now it looks like you're just reaching for excuses to keep posting (or should I say advertising) about IGGBO.

People here don't mind some advertising for paramedical related things but you've already pushed it to the point of being annoying to me and I doubt that I'm the only one feeling this way.

ParaDox

Postby ParaDox » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:08 pm

I call BS, EggBoob does not have 6000+ Phlebotomists the field, if they did, they would not be “recruiting” as much and as heavy as they are and should have national coverage and much more work to sustain the 6K Phlebotomist.

Oh, 2.7 trillion dollar industry being referred to, that is the industry as a whole, not for Phlebotomists or blood draws only and is the same spin you can hear the EggBoob home office boys spout to different companies when trying to ptich their services.

By the way, they do NOT have so much business as some would like you to think, look at some of the posts on this string alone, it is trickle down income to Phlebotomists, a “fill in’ or “supplemental” work at best and at this time. I am not saying not to work for them but we are all aware of the “Too Much Hype” men in this and other related industries.

Just as an FYI, if you have their phone they know where and when you are as long as the phone is on. Think about that for a second.

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:49 pm

all very good points

if they really have so many phlebs and are such a great company they wouldn't be pounding so hard on the door here

or maybe there getting there ass whipped by the comments being made here and need to do damage control

companies must chase examiners because weve got a well established reputation for being easy to take advantage of, or dumbasses or both

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:31 pm

Ooh. Got my "We've Arrived! Seeking Quality Phlebotomists in Your Area" email.

I can hardly wait to give them all my personal info so we can rush into doing nothing.

I'm so tired of this business and all the bullshit.

gloria

Postby gloria » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:47 pm

This reminds me of how some Temporary agencies worked in the past.They would get all your info, do your background, get you approved, tell you your scheduled for this date and time and right before the shift began, call to say sorry you are cancelled.

Actually you were never scheduled.You were an unpaid on call person, used to promote their business.When contracts were negotiated they revealed that
they had x amount of qualified peopl and were able to staff according to the hospital needs.An old marketing tool beneficial to the agency and hospital but not to the individual.Never mind if you were all dressed ready to go.They also had a set time in which they called to cancell.If they didn't cancell within that time frame you were owed 4hrs of pay.Never happened.

If IGGBOO would say we are new and growing and are unable to give you much work at this time up front, I think there would be less negativity.

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:22 am

I agree.

I also believe, in general, that everyone takes advantage of examiners in those ways (healthfairs, etc.) so we should be paid more for our time.

$30 for a draw sounds decent by itself, but not if the work comes in dribs and drabs.
If the work is low volume and unsteady it should be $40.

Marti in NJ

Postby Marti in NJ » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:24 pm

Hello -

Yes, I started this thread the minute I heard of this company. I sought them out, sent them my name and asked them to contact me when they came to NJ. Yesterday, I received my phone - its an LG Escape and what a great program on it. I will say its like Uber for Phlebs. I'm very excited to start, I've completed training for 4 labs at this point, mostly cardiac related on how to ship it, how to use the app on the phone, etc. The training is incredibly professional. I called the office to ask them about something on the phone and they were friendly and respectful. I don't think it was a bad thing asking if anyone has heard about the company.

In fact, I have passed the contact name along to my regular health fair crew (about 15 examiners) that I work with often, and they're working on applying, too. Plus we do the exams - direct and PC, drug screens, BAT, and I teach a class. Diversify!

I'm incredibly disappointed in each and every one of you who chose to respond so negatively. I'm incredibly fortunate to have worked with a positive bunch since my start in this business back in 1992. Love them like family!

Yes, the PC's can be ruthless (Portamedic was SUCH a thorn in my side!) and going out in the snow, rain, and cold is awful. But - when the sun is shining - and I get to work at the Jersey Shore baby. I think, "I seriously have such a cool job. What a gift!"

Plus - my 2 babies - born 16 months apart, never had to go into daycare - who saw their first steps and heard their first words? ME. Of course, now they're 17 and 18 and off doing their own thing so I can branch out and do more with the skillset I have.

I encourage you all to read The Secret and use positive thoughts to shape your day. If you don't want to try IGGBO, don't contact them. If you don't want to branch out - DON'T. But don't belittle others for trying something new. Its really quite horrible and you should be ashamed of yourselves! If you don't like the job - QUIT.

Off my soapbox now

Marti in NJ

berykute

Postby berykute » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:50 pm

I tried Iggbo! I got one draw from them, only one in months!
I personally do not want to collect money from people I think it should be done before the appointment by Iggbo. or training,
So I sent them the phone back with a letter. I got multiple calls from them, some requesting the phone. Some about training after I sent the phone back.
No I am not Ebay and I do not want to learn to collect money from people via Paypal!

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:59 am

I'm incredibly disappointed in each and every one of you who chose to respond so negatively... don't belittle others for trying something new. Its really quite horrible and you should be ashamed of yourselves!
Who was belittled for trying to work for IGGBO?

The field managers got dressed down (on the heels of several negative posts about IGGBO by people who did work for them) for pushing their agenda repeatedly, but I didn't see anyone else get grief for working for them.

Besides, we all have a right to express our opinions.

The "if you don't like it quit" mantra is old.
I'm sure the companies would rather people quit than speak publicly about their experiences, but I and others aren't representing the companies.

I say my piece in hopes of teaching new examiners what to watch out for. The less informed they are, the more we see companies getting over on them.

And that affects all of us.

Marti in NJ

Postby Marti in NJ » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:59 pm

Dear "guest",

I may be old fashioned but "dressing down" a person who has posted a response, including their e-mail address is completely rude and embarrassing to the rest of us who have manners.

Even worse than that is the poster who ridiculed the person who had a bit of trouble grammatically. What kind of people are you! English may actually be her second language, maybe it was very difficult for her to write that paragraph to us in a language that isn't too familiar to her. Yet, she took the time to do it to help you, and you could not be more ungrateful. It's astonishing.

Startup businesses do not grow overnight, and the negative posts, had nothing to do with not getting paid, just that there wasn't a lot of work yet. But if you're smart (I'm doubtful) you'd realize that patience is a virtue.

Frankly speaking, when I teach paramedical examiners the job, I look for enthusiatic, friendly people. I can teach someone how to fill out exam forms, and to draw blood flawlessly but I can't teach someone compassion, empathy, or how to be a nice person.

I wouldn't hire you to shine my shoes. You really should quit and work for DMV.

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:15 pm

I don't need a shoe shine but you can kiss my ass.

Sorry you don't like the commentary but it is what it is. I don't agree with your comments either, especially the part about "took the time to do it to help you".

I didn't need or ask for help. I took it for what it was; them grabbing the opportunity to sell people a bill of goods.

And it may not matter to you over in Sunshineville but I think it's perfectly reasonable that someone questioned the communication skills of people who claimed to be managerial level employees.

Keep on looking "for enthusiatic, friendly people" because they're likely to be the easiest to get over on.

The rest of us are looking for work that is stable, reliable and pays fairly.

Marti in NJ

Postby Marti in NJ » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:05 pm

Good luck with that. God Bless

:-)

goingMOBILEbeepbeep

Postby goingMOBILEbeepbeep » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:08 pm

I am signed up, received my phone and completed training. Waiting to see if they can build up a client base and get this idea off the ground. I expect it will take awhile-if it succeeds at all, which I hope it does! So far I have not gotten an order, but here in the midwest we seem to be the last to jump aboard any new concepts. Plus the major labs that service the industry are right here in my backyard, and that never seems to work out as an advantage for my mobile business!

Marti in NJ

Postby Marti in NJ » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:50 pm

Hey! Thanks for replying. Today a received a HUGE shipment of lab kits. Boston Heart and True Health Diagnostics. Boston Heart kits came with a welcome gift - cute little phlebotomy temp tattoos! I checked the expiration on the kits and it says 11/2016 so I think they are stocking up for this thing to take off. <fingers crossed> I'll let you know what happens next. :-)

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:53 am

methinks another "field manager" has been born ;f

Marti in NJ

Postby Marti in NJ » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:51 pm

My first draw is tomorrow. Its a 4 tuber - no ppwk. Kit is with the PT - just have to bring draw supplies. Will let you know how it goes. :-)

Marti in NJ

Postby Marti in NJ » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:31 pm

Ok, well I completed my first draw. Yay!

The phone is pretty cool. Last night, the phone alerted me that I needed to confirm the appointment in the app at 6pm. Then I called the PT - made sure she had the kit, etc. So today - 15 minutes before the appointment, a message pops up on the phone asking if I was on my way, I clicked yes and it automatically called the PT. I arrived, flashed my badge (which is my picture and name on the phone), prepared the supplies - opened the box, statused on phone, did the draw, boxed it up, scanned the barcode on the shipping label into the phone, said goodbye and left. I was in there for 9 minutes. After I left, it showed that everything was completed and that I made $30. I dropped it off at FedEx (its on my way home and the specimen didn't require a spin). Its really cool because the phone also asked the patient to rate you with stars.

Anyway, very good first draw. I'll keep you informed about how long it takes to get paid.

berykute

Postby berykute » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:20 pm

I was pretty jazzed about my first draw also. But thats all I ever got, ONE draw in 6 months!

Marti in NJ

Postby Marti in NJ » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:35 am

Just letting you know I was paid by direct deposit on 4/13. :-)

Marti in NJ

Postby Marti in NJ » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:45 pm

update - more cases in my phone now...yahooo! :-)

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:10 am

The rest of us are looking for work that is stable, reliable and pays fairly.

Amen to that.

I'm glad Marti's having a good experience but I'm glad to hear from the others even if he/she isn't.

Getting work piecemeal makes the work almost meaningless.
It becomes a job just having to track the "here and there" cases.

It'll be interesting to see where Marti's at a few months from now.

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:25 am

A friend signed on with IGGBO and told me they paid $35 for the first draw and then $18 for subsequent draws.

Better read the fine print before agreeing to work for them.

berykute

Postby berykute » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:38 am

Like I said, I got ONE order from them in 6 months . and they they started training on how to collect money from clients. Not worth the bother! :!:

Postby Guest » Sun May 01, 2016 9:18 am

It'll be interesting to see where Marti's at a few months from now.
based on her previous comments i don't think we'll hear from her if her experience is negative. she doesn't seem to be the type that will eat crow when she's wrong.

Postby Guest » Mon May 02, 2016 12:36 pm

Still doing great. I had 7 last month and 3 scheduled for this month. All paid $30, took about 10 minutes each.

Marti in NJ

Postby Marti in NJ » Mon May 02, 2016 12:40 pm

Sorry. Above post is mine. Answering from my iPhone. Busy busy !!!

Iggbodraw

Postby Iggbodraw » Wed May 11, 2016 4:22 pm

You do know unless you are a PSC pay is actually controlled by each lab not by the company.

So depending on what lab you are sending to your pay will vary, and they have different pay for seperate draws at 1 location, so if you do 1 draw and 3 more back to back you would obvously get less for those last 3 due to not having to travel anywhere

apriljh5@aol.com

Postby apriljh5@aol.com » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:01 pm

I received a call and email from Iggbo. They are calling themselves the Uber of phlebotomy. You sign up with them, take their online training videos and once you pass they hire you after a background check. The whole process took about 2 weeks. They then sent me a cell phone similar to a Samsung Galaxy with their Iggbo app installed . That has been about 3 weeks ago and I'm waiting for work. If I understand them correctly, you get work through labs, the one in my area is suppose to be True Health lab. I believe it's one of those labs where you can get just about any test you want as long as you pay for it. Their information does say you may get hired to go to patient's homes or doctor offices. The pay is not definite but the plan I was sent said I would be paid a percentage of the test. Higher pay if you have to drive to their home. I was lead to believe it would be $20-$30 per draw. I'm still waiting for my first assignment which is done through the phone. You are alerted when there is a job in your area and you may accept or decline it. I'm curious to see how much work I do receive, I'm not expecting much even though they anticipated 1000 clients this year.

berykute

Postby berykute » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:05 pm

I had the Iggbo phone for 6 months .Got one draw. Sent it back

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:21 am

This is part of the scam that is the mobile exam business.

All these companies try to get coverage everywhere by keeping people waiting in the wings.

It works great for them because they don't have to invest anything into their work force. If they have work, great, you get a piece of the action. Unfortunately, the pieces are few and far between.

It's too bad there are so many willing to take whatever crumbs are thrown their way.

Hihello

Postby Hihello » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:15 pm

My experience at iggbo has been a weird one. I say this because they are hard to get ahold of when onboarding. The phone took a while to get after I did the training videos and quizzes which you do not get paid for. You must purchase all mobile phlebotomy equipment. This is way too expensive if you are not working or even if you are. The centrifuge is sent to you, but you must pay 5 dollars a week ever week you use it. It will pay off in 18 months if you pay 6 dollars every week, not missing any weeks. The app Is buggy. It does not auto accept as it should, making you miss draw opportunities. The pay for each draw differs depending on the lab ordering it. Natera, for example pays 30 dollars a draw. These draws were all more than an hour from my home. Not worth it. I was told upon hiring. That the draws pay 35 to 55 per draw and the farther it is from your home the more you get paid. I was also told by a recruiter that you are reimbursed mileage after 35 miles, upon training I found out this is false and you only get a higher pay rate of what the lab pays. This all adds up to not being worth the trouble. You have to spend money to make money. It's not a job but a business investment.

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:59 am

SSDD (same shit, different day).

Just another reason to be suspicious. If they'll lie to get you in the door, that doesn't inspire much faith in their follow through on other things, like getting paid what you were promised.

And don't even get me started on the equipment rental BS.

Windows

Postby Windows » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:11 pm

You have to buy basic phlebotomy supplies. This means everything you would need to draw blood. Even sst tubes, edta tubes and a sharps container. Needles are so expensive it's not worth the investment unless you get work on a steady basis and there is no way of knowing that you will.

Marti in NJ

Postby Marti in NJ » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:44 pm

Hey everyone! Still doing well with IGGBO. I have dealt with labs who sent free kits. (Natera, True Health Diagnostics, Cleveland Clinic, Boston Heart) The kits were intact and I did not have to pay for them. HOWEVER, it is a good idea to keep extra supplies - tubes/ect - just in case you miss a draw. Because I do so many health fairs, I have tubes coming out of my ears. So I have a 31 Bag Caddy and I filled it with tubes, gauze, band-aides etc and I just take it with me. They are the rare tubes that I do not stock - pearl, hornet etc...I just make sure I get that draw...I already had a centrifuge (as I assume most of you do). The only thing I bought was a power inverter (hooks into cigarette lighter) for $20 (amazon) to make the centrifuge mobile. I just spin as I drive around now

My only negative feedback is that I wish they offered an IGGBO app I can put on my iPhone. I'm not loving the 2 phone system. Kind of a pain.

Cheers!

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:46 pm

My experience so far has not been so rosy. Waited MANY, MANY months for a draw. Finally they called me for a SAME DAY order. BC I wanted to make myself available for the first opportunity for a draw I left where I was, drove home made several calls back and forth to them bc there was confusion and after being assured the draw was mine-the order address ended up being a local collection site for ordering lab and the patient was inside getting his blood collected. The staff there looked at me like I was crazy when I said what I was there for. I had to call CS back (again) and ensure that I would be paid for this draw. That remains to be seen. Second order was placed on Saturday for a Monday draw-they called to ensure I could do the draw and to go over the lab requirements. After accepting and blocking my calendar, the order was cancelled the next morning bc patient was unsure if insurance would cover. I'm loosing faith and am hesitant to sink any more time into this.

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:50 am

This is one of my biggest pet peeves about these "mobile" businesses.

They expect us to treat every case like it's a stat order on a patient dying in the ER but think nothing of jerking us around when we accept the work.

I won't do it anymore unless I have a guarantee in writing (via email) that I will be paid (in full) if I don't get a cancellation notice of at least 48 hours.

I'm sick and tired of having my time and effort wasted by companies who treat my time like it's theirs to do whatever they want with.

You want us to be available and responsible about our commitments, try doing the same on your end.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:16 pm

Their pay is crap. Stay away from them.

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:57 am

I won't do it anymore unless I have a guarantee in writing (via email) that I will be paid (in full) if I don't get a cancellation notice of at least 48 hours.
I agree with you and I do the same thing, I just wish all examiners would do it.

That's the most frustrating thing. If every examiner was on the same page, or even just the majority, they wouldn't keep treating us like they own us. By making commitments to us, and having to pay a penalty when they don't, they'd be forced to show us the same respect and consideration they want for themselves.

I don't understand why examiners don't get this.

goinMOBILEbeepbeep

Postby goinMOBILEbeepbeep » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:15 pm

I kept the phone and tried to hang in there for a little while. The first few experiences I had with them were disorganized to say the least, but I chalked it up to being a start up. The volume (if you can call it that bc it is still pretty sparse) has begun to pick up a little in my area and I have found the CS reps to be very polite and accommodating. If an order is placed on my schedule that I feel is not worth my time for the pay then they have tried to make it up with a trip fee when possible. If not then I simply decline or cancel it off my phone and it rolls to another examiner and I have not been given attitude or felt any pressure. They have paid correctly, on time, every time. I open up any hours on my schedule that I may otherwise be making nothing, and it seems to be working ok for me. I love to drive, I love to draw blood and I love to have choices-so I am beginning to think this may work out after all. Like many of you-it's just a piece of what I do. Not meant to be a full time gig.

Marti in NJ

Postby Marti in NJ » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:05 pm

Good post! I haven't had much time to give them - Heath Fair season has kicked my butt. But over the summer when things are slower, I hope IGGBO will have even more work for us.

Deborah

Postby Deborah » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:12 pm

Iggbo had 1 draw in my area in the 1 year I was with them. I had to update the phone every week with my available schedule. I finally sent them back the phone to much of a hassle worrying about updating phone and never any work available.

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:28 pm

Interesting statement from a site questioning whether IGGBO is illegal;

The larger services began to cobble together networks of contract labor through partnerships with local providers, who also struggled to meet the demand at the price points expected. Thus the job of the contract mobile phlebotomist was born, which facilitated rock bottom labor cost and the easiest path to national coverage.

http://nppn.info/index.php/blog/view/iggbo-is-illegal

Wndrlnd

Postby Wndrlnd » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:34 pm

Guest wrote:A friend signed on with IGGBO and told me they paid $35 for the first draw and then $18 for subsequent draws.

Better read the fine print before agreeing to work for them.

I just love your positive attitude Marti! No wonder you're getting jobs and "guest" is not! That person just cannot be happy about anything!

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:30 am

God forbid someone should question the way companies do business.

From $35 down to $18 is worthy of questions, suspicion, discussion and hesitation.

If ALL examiners questioned those kinds of things there would be no such thing as $18 pay amounts for services.

Marti in NJ

Postby Marti in NJ » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:05 am

Hey everyone...

The good news is that they are doing away with the extra phone and there is now an app for IOS and Android. I am so happy with that because the second phone was a pain. I'm REALLY hoping they will soon use a program that integrates my online calendar so I don't have to update my availability. That would be great. My draws are $30 each - still take about 9 minutes average.

Icecold

Postby Icecold » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:20 am

Anyone know where you get an ekg machine to buy?

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:22 pm

I usually just go on eBay. They have quite a few

Marti in NJ

Postby Marti in NJ » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:03 pm

I just love your positive attitude Marti! No wonder you're getting jobs and "guest" is not! That person just cannot be happy about anything!

Thank you so much! I love what I do. I used to work in a hospital and I was so miserable. The walls, I couldn't see outside and everyone on my floor was sooooo sick. I was sad every day. The last 25 years for me have been a gift. I seriously wake up every day ready for adventure. :-)

Return to “Discussion Topics”