Examone and contractors

An "ANYTHING GOES" forum for discussing the interests, issues and concerns of the paramedical examiner community. Sharing ideas, knowledge, experiences and opinions is strongly encouraged.

However, we do ask that all participants respect the rights of others to communicate in whatever manner they wish, positive or negative, and TRY to behave respectfully toward one another when conflicts in views or opinions arise.

Our goal is to create an environment where examiners can speak openly and honestly without the restrictions of forced diplomacy or the constraints of having to observe over-bearing rules of political correctness.

Examone and contractors

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:53 pm

I'm just going to throw this out there.

I know as a contractor that EC's don't have to use us. They don't want to because of the new PTE (part time employee) We don't need to discuss the issue that most are working for 25 or less for a PBU So we are actually kept as some sort of standbys for exams. By limiting zip codes off sets what they can do to me in any given day I have learned. However now they are under selling health events now because they bought Summit with top pay being in these events around 21.00/hr- this is egregious.
A couple of years ago I actually had to have an office manager have to come out to event because wellness co had promised x amount of bodies and they could not deliver. So this manager was the warm body. This person only had to spend 1 shift (5-6 hours) in an event that was 5 days long with 7 shifts. This person did biometrics- was not qualified to draw blood. They were only office manager. When I took the extra supplies to office - I asked what they thought. They always told me it was easy money. Ha ha. They sunk to floor and said they were very tired. Imagine that.
Well imagine drawing blood at the tune of 10+ hour as an average for my 30.00/hr for the past 7 years-then finding out I was only paid 25.00/hr for a year or more because you didn't send Payment statements.
Now imagine the crap I was put through to just get back from the first of the year(last year) when someone actually sent a statement that told me I was only getting 25.00 but said they would get back for me for the same year of work already done! Of course E1 had to fire the person that dicked me along for 6 months. I was paid finally but not before they wanted EKG machine back - that was the day after office manager - I was finally told was gone.
You know about every 5 years with E1 for office managers are fired(disappear) unless you are screwing examiners you are pretty much done.

Now imagine doing your job really well and year after year you are going to the same health fairs that was built with a team of people. Not like we get raises or anything- they think we are over paid.

Now imagine because I'm getting the 30/hr finally again. After the last 3 months of prime time health fairs and doing my job again as usual very good. I have the only 2 health fairs in April for this company deleted from my que yesterday.

Now imagine when you try to contact the people that should be able to tell you something- do nothing. While E1 in the office I deal with is usually lacking in communication skills - all have went silent.
Others that might contact them on your behalf are told we can't tell you anything. WTF

So after 10 years of doing excellent work for this office, 2 managers gone ...

Oh wait... while posting this message I have gotten a call from David (district manager for Examone in Midwest ) David said because of comments made about E1 my contract is being severed.
Sorry wish I could give you more but I just hung up after he said that. Let me think what comment would that be?
Did not know I would be giving real time coverage but there you have it.

Curious

Re: Examone and contractors

Postby Curious » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:38 pm

When David let you go was this due to comments you had made to your office about E1 or was he referring to comments you made on this board and if on the board how did he know that it was you?

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:37 pm

I don't know what comments he is referring to. But I was one of 3 contractors in that office and I also do directs. I got canned 2 days before me. I think it was just an excuse. They had all but stopped giving me exams already anyway. They basically just used me for the health fairs- that's where other examiners get into the bitch fest about exam and how they are treated and pay. If you try help them and tell them to limit zips and things- I always get stabbed in the back by someone who runs into the office to say well she said this. This particular office has always had issues lying about others thinking it will make themselves look better and hoping it will get them more work. Office staff plays the favorites game and loves the gossip whether it is true or not. If David would ever pop in on one of the health fairs he would see that his examiners don't really say very much good about this office. There is a lot of resentment among PTE because they know the contractors make more- It should not be their business to even know what some else is making. I saw the movement toward getting rid of the contractors way before now but did not think I would be taken off the health fairs because I had been doing them for 7 years they for the most part always ran smoothly that is why they get them back year after year. I have been with this office for 10 years. I think it was pretty crappy to just call me and say my contract is severed " over things I supposedly said against E1" But it did piss me off enough that I had to hang up or I was going to say something for sure unfavorable against this E1 office! The last contractor left is the lead in most of the health fairs. I abdicated that roll several years back because it seemed to work better and keep the peace. I wished her luck. She is probably safe.......for awhile.

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:17 am

After basically being terminated/severed over the phone after the 10 years of service, today when I woke up I felt refreshed. Hard to describe but I had hope and felt happy for the first time in a long time. So I'm thinking I need to apologize to David for my hanging up on his severing phone call and thank him instead!
I hear the other contract examiner couldn't answer the call at the time - so he left on VM.
Not too long ago I had voiced my opinion about this office never ceases to amaze me for some the tactics used.
So what do you think - should I call and leave thank you on VM or email because David really did do me a favor! He burnt the bridge instead of me. I seem to have a problem with that.

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:49 pm

Ok no replies on that- Like I expected. Thought about some more. No matter what I do I doubt if I would get a reply anyway to David. So I will just say thank you David here.
You gave me the rest of my life back. ;j

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:17 am

With the turn over in this business, including middle management, there are no burned bridges.

After a few weeks or when the need for a good examiner arises, they come back. Unless an examiner flat out sucks, they always come back. If not, give it 6 months and your problem person will probably be gone. Office managers are more expendable than examiners. They just don't realize it until it's too late.

In the meantime, name names and dole out a little payback. Let everyone know the dirt and which office it came from. Coming to this board and outing bad guys and/or bad offices does a lot of damage and helps everyone else avoid getting burned by them.

Despite what they'd like us to believe, we do have a voice. It's up to us to decide to use it.

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:07 pm

Thank you for your advise and support. :D

paramedicalex1965

Postby paramedicalex1965 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:06 pm

MAYBE YOU DID WRONG. IS IT NOT OK TO ADMIT WRONG? A LOT OF COMPLAINING HERE. SEEMS LIKE A LOT OF JIBBERISH.

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:43 am

First - no need to shout
Second - do you know something the poster didn't tell us?

Cuz if you don't, complaining about complainers is still complaining

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:49 pm

Yes this one does know more. She knows more about my business then I do. Actually has reinvented me in her mind and the minds of others over the last 5 years. Are you feeling a bit lost without someone to talk about and blame things on already?
If you have something to say pick up the phone and call that same number you have been calling for the past 5 years to ask me things about becoming a direct examiner or whine to me about E1 or other examiners or office staff. You made your bed. If you continually keep bashing me after you have effectively gotten rid of me, well some might think there is something wrong with you.
I may have shot myself in the foot by being stupid trying to help you and others that asked. But you stabbed me in the back and that is called something else entirely.

Paramedicalex1965

Postby Paramedicalex1965 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:28 pm

MY KEYBOARD IS STUCK IN CAPS LOCKS. I DONT KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THIS SETTING. AND TO ME IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF BLAMING. I AM ENTITLED TO MY OWN OPINION. I DO NOT KNOW ANYONE ON HERE HENCE THE ANONYMOUS PART. BUT I FIND IT FUNNY THAT THEY KEEP COMPLAINING ON HERE WHEN THEY ARE PROBABLY THE PROBLEM. I BET YOU 90 PERCENT OF THE TIME PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINAING ON HERE. WHY STAY IN THE BUSINESS. I THINK SOME PEOPLE SHOULD JUSY KEEP THEIR MOUTHS SHUT.

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:39 pm

Paramedicalex1965 wrote:MY KEYBOARD IS STUCK IN CAPS LOCKS. I DONT KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THIS SETTING.
OK, so you know this comes across as shouting but you think it's OK to subject everyone to it because you have a reason? How bout figuring out how to fix it then coming back? It is rude to use all caps when communicating. Electronically or otherwise.
AND TO ME IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF BLAMING. I AM ENTITLED TO MY OWN OPINION. I DO NOT KNOW ANYONE ON HERE HENCE THE ANONYMOUS PART. BUT I FIND IT FUNNY THAT THEY KEEP COMPLAINING ON HERE WHEN THEY ARE PROBABLY THE PROBLEM. I BET YOU 90 PERCENT OF THE TIME PEOPLE ARE COMPLAINAING ON HERE.
And what is it you're doing?
I THINK SOME PEOPLE SHOULD JUSY KEEP THEIR MOUTHS SHUT.

You first.

By the way, based on your grammar (content) and lack of regard for others, it would appear that the OP is completely justified in thinking the problem exists with the people around her. Especially if you are representative of those people.

Fedupofcrap

Postby Fedupofcrap » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:53 pm

Hello all. The problem is this person. They are lying about everything. No one is out to get them. No one is against them. They need to realize they are the problem. They figure they can get on this site and get pity from people they dont even know. They bash all the people who have been there to help them. People are gonna believe what they want to hear so have at it. People have gone out of there way to please said person. People have made sure they don't look at this person the wrong way.

Contractors are not going anywhere so quit trying to make excuses for your mistakes. Yes I am going to call you out on here since you decided to call everyone else out. I'm right here now. So stop blaming every one for your mistakes. We are all human we all make mistakes. But you have to own up to them and realize it's YOU!! Quit with the pity party... And the person who is typing in all caps do you know personally??

One question, if you are so happy with being gone from E1 why are you constantly talking about it? You should be happy you don't have to see anyone there anymore since everyone's out to get you!!

Fedupofcrap

Postby Fedupofcrap » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:04 pm

Oh and I never ever once bashed this said person! I always stuck up for them even though they would go off on me all the time for no reason. I even put all that in the past. I even stuck up for this said person when no one else would and then I get blamed for ruining their reputation and for them getting canned. NOPE! Sure didn't. They burned all their bridges and now only have a site of people that will fall into their trap of deception. They can play your games because everyone is done. Now there is a lot of stuff going around about their reputation but that was long before I even got into this business. So no way I could've ruined it. And I always stuck up when people came to me and said things about said person. Im just trying to clear the air here, since I see I was brought up even though I hadn't even said anything!! ;j

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:19 am

Thank you for putting the records straight. I'm sure you feel better now and they have been put in their place.

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:47 am

I'm perfectly fine with bitching, complaining and pissing contests. In fact, they're often entertaining.

BUT they'd be even better if the contestants could write complete and sensical sentences.

PLEASE, if you're involved in this drama and going to put an oar in the water, take a few extra seconds to make sure that what you write is easy to follow and tells a complete story or finishes a complete thought.

As it currently stands most of the posts are harder to follow than a weasel in the woods

At night

With a flashlight that has weak batteries.

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:14 pm

Ha ha! Yes I was trying to think of a way last night to charge for this entertainment myself!
But for the most part I think my point has been made. Fullofcrap got to air her concerns as well. Especially since she took the time to text me yesterday to tell me that corporate does go through this site (duh) and she doesn't waste her time to bash or complain on sites like this.
I also would not want to lead anyone astray:
They burned all their bridges and now only have a site of people that will fall into their trap of deception.
The ones that know both parties can draw their own conclusions I think because for the most part they have most of the facts. However facts comes in second to intimidation and big fat juicy gossip for the most part.
So if there is not going to be any money involved, I guess I better go make some. lol

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:17 pm

Well crap you all said to read before you post and I messed up. Sorry Fedupofcrap for the typo. My bad :oops:

Ughh

Postby Ughh » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:11 pm

Do they have to use part-time employees over contractors? I contracted with Exam One for a while and as soon as I became a part-time employee, I stopped receiving any work. My branch manager told me he didn't want to use any part-time employees over contractors so he decided to take me off his payroll. :/

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:44 pm

First I heard of that one. Anybody else heard of that?

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:51 pm

Wouldn't surprise me. Maybe they found out they have to pay their fair share of SS, unemployment, etc. for PTEs and decided it wasn't worth it. Cheaper to use the contractors and risk getting caught misclassifying them.

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:18 pm

E1 has only been hiring as PTE for the last couple of years and went so far as converting ones that had been contractors to PTE unless you had an established direct business or bought an LLC (which allowed you to straddle the fence). I would guess they lost some veteran examiners in that move which led to hiring phlebotomist right out of training. Doesn't even require a 1 year experience to be a PTE.
I would also guess that some with less experience might not do as well as others with the same experience. That responsibility is on the branch office to make sure you have the skills and confidence to do the job. If they did not do that for you - for some they set you up to fail. For others they sent you out gambling on you come back with at least a certain percent of specimens sent to lab. Then they throw that frigging paperwork on you. With all the different forms - with nothing but told to complete and no instruction on even to make sure certain things are filled out. Well 15 years ago for me - made me cry every night for awhile- processing the specimens-filling out paperwork- calling clients for confirmation on next day - if scheduled or if not calling to schedule others. Then when it is past calling time for the day, you get on a mapping program to even see if what is scheduled is possible to make with the current "we schedule for you". One of the main problems in this industry today is no-show or not being able to make on time.
Then come health fairs which now you will be most of the time in an open room with everyone being able to see what you are doing. Again you had no clue. If you have a lead that can help you and you are willing to take some pointers you may be asked again to do that nightmare. Otherwise to get the same amount of money you can do the biometric part or be a greeter. The lead, phlebotomist, biometrics also get the same as the greeter. This is what I have been told.
To get back to the original subject about getting severed saying some about E1- this is probably where they got me.
But to get back to do they have to use PTE's. That answer is yes - Because they get what they pay for.

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:41 pm

Ie above:PTE maybe you get less money by a couple dollars an hour or exam if you are happy with that - good. Just be smart. Just know that you are at the top of your pay scale right now. If you are happy with that that is great! I can tell you right now - "You Gotta love this job you can't just like it."

Wish the best to office above from OP.

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:53 pm

Just one more thing from OP. How many PTE or contractors have a copy of current contract? If you don't have - did you get like I did? To do to work sign here and here. No copy given- Just OK go to work?
What ever you signed and said you would do - that is what you signed up to do. Don't blame anyone else.

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:26 pm

Update:

I have heard from the last contractor standing in this office and yes she was "terminated" as well. Don't know the details (when/why) nor do I care. We all had been played.
I am shocked! :shock: NOT!

Now maybe the name slinging can stop among supposed friends.

However I am sure that doesn't stop from this lousy Midwest E1 office. Any office that plays favorites instead of taking care of business effectively is just bad management. If I were the last office person standing after they fired the office manager - I might be thinking they are cleaning house or getting ready to shut down office. I mean they had to go from 2 people to 4 in office- as well as having a office mobile examiner using a company vehicle. You have more then used up that one office managers salary I am sure. Not even counting the health events you assigned us to us (contractors) as leads and never had to lift a finger after that- we just got it done even when we were short bodies because of names plugged in that were never going to be there.
Heading into the busy time for the health fairs ( however I have also learned - E1 lost several events) expect a little more work on your end.

Good luck with that!

Should be interesting enough to keep following somewhat through some of my sources.

Return to “Discussion Topics”