USA Exams

An "ANYTHING GOES" forum for discussing the interests, issues and concerns of the paramedical examiner community. Sharing ideas, knowledge, experiences and opinions is strongly encouraged.

However, we do ask that all participants respect the rights of others to communicate in whatever manner they wish, positive or negative, and TRY to behave respectfully toward one another when conflicts in views or opinions arise.

Our goal is to create an environment where examiners can speak openly and honestly without the restrictions of forced diplomacy or the constraints of having to observe over-bearing rules of political correctness.
berykute

USA Exams

Postby berykute » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:31 pm

Anyone done any exams for USA exams in San Diego? I have done a few but have not been paid for exams done in October or November. :evil:

berykute

Re: USA Exams

Postby berykute » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:20 pm

My apologies to USA exams. They have paid me and I think they are terrific! ;j ;j

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:28 pm

Yes this is a small company they told me on contact. I guess if you are a small company you feel justified in paying someone a month or more after the job was completed and turned in. I just can't get my mind to justify that. I guess you wait and see if you get paid before you can pay me- the one that did the job? I did one PBU on 10-1 and will be getting paid 11-5. Not counting the time it took to fill all ppwrk with bg check through portamedic( yes most of the companies that send me work from the west coast are billing through portamedic that is what they want to mark not APPS)
Maybe they just look at it as well it is only 30-50 dollars so why should I care when I get paid? I look at it as it is only 30-50 dollars why can't you pay in a timely manner. Needless to say I will probably not be having much more history to tell with this company.

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:45 pm

Today 11-09-15 I got the paycheck and the kit for the exam I did on 10-01-15 for USA exams. You gave me a preset appt which I normally will always turn down especially if you call me during daytime which are my work hours as well. At least you emailed and it was in my area. I understand the need for a small company that is billing through portamedic to have to bill 50k min to check. But when I send same day the exam was done - I still don't get it. I don't think there are very many businesses that pay a month or more by the time you get the check when you are using your own vehicle and equipment.
To me that just is a red flag on will the examiner even remember that one exam. It is more then a little problem in this industry. The minute the examiner accepts a job - we are losing money until we get paid. I won't go into the rest of the factors that have been changing for years. Because of that I deal with most companies that contact me from what ever source I have posted on. SO I pretty much go through the where,when, what and how much are you paying questions - also should have asked when you get paid. Is that when times 2? When do you want it done and when do I get paid.
Now I will be adding the when x 2 factor.

Thank you for your business,

Sincerly,

Linda Barnett

PS: That is how strongly I feel about this issue.

berykute

Postby berykute » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:01 am

I have been working for them a while now and have always received my pay on time. HMM.

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:45 am

I said I would not post anymore but this was an issue that I also was going to bring up but someone else beat me to it. So now I think we have the facts unless we get : I have been doing work for xyz company for many years- I have never had problems and I am on track to make 80-85k this year. All has been perfect for me!
Crap I guess I am rocking the boat. My son told me not do this.....of course he has never had to do this.

For me - I am not an idiot. You really don't have to love them - we just need to see if we can like them. None of us at this time knows. If I had ever wanted the stress/hr/crap apparently these corp people have to go through daily- I would not have quit 15 yrs ago.

I get phone calls pretty much daily wanting my direct business from people I don't even know in the unknown companies. So who is giving that info out.? Maybe I qualify for the 50K after billing?

At this point in time - I am leaning towards every woman for them selves. Most of my direct agents are men. They like the feedback I give. That is something exam companies don't give. They like the fact that if I said I will be there I am. My turn around time is awesome. Their clients specimens are protected and sent same day to lab. As for the online exams- again it was only to help the turn over of examiners- That was not our job to carry a computer or what ever.
As far as packets- There is now way an examiner should have to print anything that also delayed them in the 30 minute next cycle. let alone for free or the fact they have to print.
I can't stop it but if you want my experience and track record there is a price and I expect it to be timely.

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:50 am

I actually give up on giving a shit about any other examiner or small exam company.
Now I am done. LB

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:30 pm

Sounds like you are having a breakdown.Stop it and get the help you need.

This is not the place. :|

Return to “Discussion Topics”