Reimbursed mileage and expenses.

An "ANYTHING GOES" forum for discussing the interests, issues and concerns of the paramedical examiner community. Sharing ideas, knowledge, experiences and opinions is strongly encouraged.

However, we do ask that all participants respect the rights of others to communicate in whatever manner they wish, positive or negative, and TRY to behave respectfully toward one another when conflicts in views or opinions arise.

Our goal is to create an environment where examiners can speak openly and honestly without the restrictions of forced diplomacy or the constraints of having to observe over-bearing rules of political correctness.
berykute

Reimbursed mileage and expenses.

Postby berykute » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:13 am

I had an interesting conversation with a labor attorney. Seems that the law states that your travel time and mileage is supposed to be paid by the PC company if you are an employee, at will employee or if your appointments are set for you. Also, any and all expenses incurred by you for doing your job, ekg machine, paper, fax, even pens. HMMMMMM

berykute

Re: Reimbursed mileage and expenses.

Postby berykute » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:02 pm

Anyone interested?

okldy

Postby okldy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:47 pm

They hired us as contractors originally. As contractors, we had no rights. But they gave us work and we could schedule. Then they started telling us what to wear and having to post availability and the final stroke was the centralized scheduling for me. When a call center schedules in one state for another state- you can't make any money running back and forth across town or surrounding towns. There were a lot of things that happened in between such as packets, getting less every year and really not even knowing what you are getting paid before you do an exam. Gas was almost 5.00/gal at times. Then some government regulations stepped in and it got worse. Now you had to be a part-time employee with basically no benefits. You have to clock in and out so as to not run over hours allotted. To my knowledge, I do not know if you got paid for travel or time spent driving. The writing was on the wall to get rid of contractors and I was one of them. Was a little bad timing but I have made it. I work for a few smaller exam companies that love my PDQ status. I have several direct agents that have remained loyal for 7 years and now building on more referrals. I also do work for several Wellness companies in the area. I also drive for Uber and Lyft in between appointments. Now that does a couple of things for me. It allows me to make money when I am available and turn it off when I am not available. You get money weekly(direct deposit) when I started but now you can get paid daily if you choose. There is a charge for that. I prefer weekly. lol This works well for me and where I am at. Isn't like I don't know how to talk to people when I go to their homes and businesses to get their blood and Etc. No paperwork by the way. Just watch mileage and pot holes and whether it was worth it or not. Anyway, it got me through the tough time when an exam company fired me after 10 years for "something you said". It is great working with new people in the health events. All I have to do is do my job and thank goodness none of us cares what the other person is getting paid. We just do our jobs. I tried to tell other examiners to stand up and just got shot down before. I like it way better today than 3 years ago. You either accept or you fight for change. I personally quit fighting but I can give 17 years of hx if anyone is interested.

berykute

Postby berykute » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:26 am

I have a labor attorney willing to fight for our rights.

okldy

Postby okldy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:10 am

Ok, I need more info. I think there is a way on this site to do without posting conversations. But if it is just you and me. I am out. I don't need any more grief. As I said I fought the fight before. I just want to do my job with my directs.

Vamp4hire

Postby Vamp4hire » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:30 pm

What state? Or are you referring to national laws?

berykute

Postby berykute » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:19 pm

All states

Return to “Discussion Topics”